General Chat for All Writers

How many words are you on now?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Um so I have a writing questionā€¦ so Iā€™m writing this story about a girl whose father dies and she has to work for her stepmother, and in the beginning I show her having fun as a child then in the next episode I show her really sad at her dadā€™s grave. Sheā€™s sad and a little angry towards her stepmother and step sister which is reasonable cuz theyā€™re awful, but then she meets a prince and starts to feel happy again because she has hope that someone else likes herā€¦ Would that make sense? Cuz like I went from one ep from her being sad to another to her being happy and idk if that would make sense or not.

1 Like

Idk :eyes:
Do you have some kind of transition between those episodes? Or does it just switch moods in a few seconds? :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

Bump! Iā€™m trying to come up with story ideas but I have writers block to even practice my writing skills.

1 Like

Heyyy @Writers :eyes::wave:

So we all know that thereā€™s actually a monthly writing competition around, but it hasnā€™t been held in a few months or so; however, the last writing competition didnā€™t really have that much participants. It would be fun to hold the writing competitions again, and of course we will definitely come back with it with more fun ways!

But just wonderingā€”who are still interested in joining them?

Vote ā€œIā€™m still interested!ā€ for President-
  • Iā€™m still interested!

0 voters

2 Likes

Lol idk why but I never saw your reply, (that rhymed) and yeah itā€™s a gradual transition.

Is there already like a thread similar to Caliā€™s Flesh Out your Character thread but specifically for worldbuilding? Like specific wuestions for details are asked and then people answer using their world? does that make sense lol :eyes:

I try to enter the ones I like, but nobody else enters lol. Oof. The last time tho someone said that everyone would be given a reminder and nobody was given a reminder and Iā€™m the only one who rememberedā€¦

1 Like

Guys I need help! Iā€™m writing this story and I keep not liking it and doing it over constantly and now Iā€™m not even sure of what I liked in the first place! What happened was a while ago I got in a groove and wrote five episodes, hated them, archived them and then started re-writing them. Well, watched them again and now I like parts of them, and really want to put those parts back (into the first episode) but I donā€™t really know how to do that. Itā€™s a confusing mess.

1 Like

iā€™d say archive it for a while again
if youā€™re reading and redoing it over and over your brain wonā€™t process things the same way as an audience would, so thereā€™s a chance your brainā€™s just being nitpick-y

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s been archived and Iā€™m gonna keep it that way until Iā€™m happy with it. My biggest worry is that itā€™ll come off as boring.

1 Like

well you wonā€™t know how people perceve it exactly ngl
a while ago i read a post about how we can perceive the story weā€™re writing as boring because itā€™s already in our heads, but since the audience has a different perspective, they may not find it the same

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s kinda also what I realized as well. When I thought about it being boring I was also like, ā€œWell itā€™s been in my head for years, of course itā€™s gonna be boring to me.ā€ Lol.
I just struggle with it with this story because itā€™s kinda cliche, like itā€™s a Cinderella story and itā€™s also kinda slow paced as well. I also keep changing the way I want to do something. So then after doing this over and over again Iā€™m only left with some scenes I like.

1 Like

ooooh gotchu
well you can always get a beta? to get an outsiderā€™s opinion on your story

1 Like

I might do that but thing is that because of all these scenes and how they keep changing I feel like it would make no sense lol.
But I think Iā€™ll make a thread about it.

1 Like

valid valid
well my best advice rn is to take your time with it soā€¦ yeah

2 Likes

Good news is Iā€™m trying to be active on here

Bad news is Iā€™ve lost all will to write because of writerā€™s block and personal issues :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I havenā€™t written an actual story OR on Episode in nearly 5 months

1 Like

umm bump

Iā€™m stuck on how to more forward on a certain part of my story and the best I can do are filler scenesā€¦ help

1 Like

usually thatā€™s because of a past scene. reread what you have so far and see if you can delete or put some scenes off to the future.

1 Like