Guess the Music!

That’s the one. Nice work.

1 Like

Thank god, those were the only 3 I know lol

1 Like

Lucky for you then.

1 Like

Song four: I Walk the Line

1. After three attempts with moderate chart ratings, it became Cash’s first #1 hit on the Billboard charts.
  2. The song remained on the record charts for over 43 weeks, and sold over two million copies.

SOLVED!

Song five:

1. It is an American folk song written by Elizabeth Cotten in the early 20th century, and popularised during the American folk revival and British skiffle.
  2. By Cotten’s own account in the 1985 BBC series Down Home, she composed the song as a teenager (sometime between 1906 and 1912), inspired by the sound of the trains rolling in on the tracks near her home in North Carolina.
  3. Ramblin’ Jack Elliott recorded this song in 1957. It is included on the CD, The Lost Topic Tapes: Cowes Harbour 1957.

Song six:

1. The song won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group at the 44th Annual Grammy Awards.
  2. In Vibe magazine, a few years after the song was released, André Benjamin recalled creating the song, “It was an acoustic guitar song that I was doing at home. Then I just converted it over into something people could understand a little bit more.”
  3. Lyrically, the song is a love profession to the mother of the narrator’s romantic partner that examines the issues that arise from having a child out of wedlock. In the song, the narrator promises to support his child regardless of what happens.

@Music

Commenters on this thread:

@astxrism, @benitz786, @bpalmer, @Caticorn, @liyahsdiamond, @anon68003072, @Kristi, @laurenmusic, @Littlefeets, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @Meekepeek, @Megan, @Ouijaloveletters, @lollipoplady, @Rose, @sunflower.flow, @unsungcheerio, @WolfGamerGirl37

2 Likes

uhhh wrong tag?

Nope, not the wrong one, this is a forum game.

1 Like

Ahh okay

Sooo… got any guesses?

1 Like

Nope, I suck

Guys, just a guess will give you more clues. Please?!

Commenters on this thread:

@astxrism, @benitz786, @bpalmer, @Caticorn, @liyahsdiamond, @anon68003072, @Kristi, @laurenmusic, @Littlefeets, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @Meekepeek, @Megan, @Ouijaloveletters, @lollipoplady, @Rose, @sunflower.flow, @unsungcheerio, @WolfGamerGirl37

I don’t know why, but I feel like I know this…. it’s on the tip of my tongue… I just don’t remember
Or who knows I may have no idea what it is and it just seems like something I recognize for no reason :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

HAHA. Well, just name a random song and I’ll given another clue. (wink)

1 Like

Just a wild guess… maybe Hey Ya by Outkast??

1 Like

Nah, it’s not, sorry. Hey Ya has already been done too. (wink) Here … BUT, you may be on the right lines.

Song four: I Walk the Line

1. After three attempts with moderate chart ratings, it became Cash’s first #1 hit on the Billboard charts.
  2. The song remained on the record charts for over 43 weeks, and sold over two million copies.

SOLVED!

Song five:

1. It is an American folk song written by Elizabeth Cotten in the early 20th century, and popularised during the American folk revival and British skiffle.
  2. By Cotten’s own account in the 1985 BBC series Down Home, she composed the song as a teenager (sometime between 1906 and 1912), inspired by the sound of the trains rolling in on the tracks near her home in North Carolina.
  3. Ramblin’ Jack Elliott recorded this song in 1957. It is included on the CD, The Lost Topic Tapes: Cowes Harbour 1957.
  4. In 2009, Quarrymen member, Rod Davis, recorded the song and released it on his album Under The Influence.

Song six:

1. The song won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group at the 44th Annual Grammy Awards.
  2. In Vibe magazine, a few years after the song was released, André Benjamin recalled creating the song, “It was an acoustic guitar song that I was doing at home. Then I just converted it over into something people could understand a little bit more.”
  3. Lyrically, the song is a love profession to the mother of the narrator’s romantic partner that examines the issues that arise from having a child out of wedlock. In the song, the narrator promises to support his child regardless of what happens.
  4. This song can be found on the album, Stankonic

@Music

2 Likes

Song five is Our Country Tis of Thee?

1 Like

Song six is Don’t you worry child?

1 Like

Nah, neither of these. Sorry

1 Like

Ah, worth a shot.

1 Like

I have absolutely no clue at all about 5, but now I’m reading it again, is 6 Ms. Jackson? Especially on the 3rd clue it seems to fit lyrics wise :thinking:

1 Like