Guess the Music!

Nah, not them. I’m asking for a group or a band, rather than actors who are musical. (wink)

2 Likes

I know but I can’t remember any duo bands from the 70s. I was just guessing the people since I was blanking on band names.

2 Likes

Hall and Oates?

3 Likes

Oof Possibly?

2 Likes

Ahhh, never mind.

2 Likes

They’re a REALLY famous duo though!

Nah.

1 Like

Band one: Green Day

1. The band started a mud fight at Woodstock in 1994. Amid the chaos, bouncers mistook bassist for a stage-invading fan and manhandled him so violently that they knocked out some of his teeth.
  2. At just 43, the current members of the band, were the youngest ever inductees into the Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame. The band was inducted in 2015, the first year they were eligible.
  3. Band member, Billie, wrote an article on “how to be a couch potato” in punk fanzine ‘Absolutely Zippo’ in 1989. Since then, sofas have been an ongoing theme for the band.

SOLVED!

Band two: Spice Girls

1. The group was originally called “Touch.”
  2. Michelle Stephenson auditioned to be the group and got in, but then left to take care of her sick mother. She was replaced and the group was formed.

SOLVED!

Group three: Simon & Garfunkel

1. They in school when they appeared in a school play adaptation of the production of Alice in Wonderland.
  2. Their final album was released in January 1970 and topped the charts for 10 weeks.
  3. They played at high school discos and decided to name their duo after the famous cartoon about a cat and mouse, Tom & Jerry, at first
  4. One of the duo went on to be an actor; his first acting role was in the 1970 movie Catch-22.
  5. The duo were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990. The one still in show business was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist 11 years later, he thanked the other, saying: “I regret the ending of our friendship. I hope that some day before we die we will make peace with each other.” He then paused before adding, “No rush.”

SOLVED!

@Gaming

2 Likes

Uh Cheech and Chong duo? I suck at guessing music artists. I don’t even know what the Catch-22 movie is even about. I’ve never watched before.

2 Likes

BAHAHAHAHA! I want to say yes, but sadly this is not so. This duo is even more famous. Also, read clue 5, they’re no longer friendly.
Catch-22 is based on a satirical book, I recommend both.

1 Like

They’re musical? I thought they were comedians. And stoned out of their minds.

Um…Ike and Tina Turner? Ok, now I’m just naming random duos.

1 Like

Yeah, clue five still doesn’t help me with guessing still. Simon and Garfunkel band?

They are kind of both in a sense.

1 Like

I forgot about them!

2 Likes

YES! Simon and Garfunkel is the duo I’m looking for. (wink)

1 Like

Oh really? I didn’t know they were on bad terms with each other.

2 Likes

My sister liked istening to their songs when I was younger.

2 Likes

Me either.

2 Likes

Yeah, they argued for the first time when Simon was filming Catch-22 and wasn’t totally there for Art while making Bridge Over Troubled Water.

1 Like

Oh okay, that is interesting.

1 Like

Male Artist one:

1. The artist started recording music in 2005 and released the first of many EPs that same year.
  2. In 2010, he played open mic nights throughout Los Angeles and was soon spotted by actor, Jamie Foxx, who invited him to stay at his home and record some tracks.

Male Artist two:

1. He briefly attended the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis in the early '60s.
  2. He has recorded under several pseudonyms, including Bob Landy, Robert Milkwood Thomas, and Blind Boy Grunt.

Male Artist three:

1. He is consistently one of the most-searched musical acts on the internet, and in 2003 attracted more Google searches than any other artist.
  2. When he writes his lyrics, he starts at the corner of the paper and writes downward instead of writing on the lines.

@Gaming & @Music

1 Like