Harry Potter Game Series

I’ve been a big Harry Potter fan since the books and shows came out. So, I was excited when they released a game series for the franchise. The games are actually unique in their own way because they do not follow the book and movies exactly per word. This can be a huge turn off but since it’s Harry Potter it actually brings in a class of its own. If I remember correctly the first game came out in the same year as the first movie. Now, most of the Harry Potter games were only available on select platforms which were commonly PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. This only is for the games 1-5 but the rest are across most platforms after the 5th game. I even had the 5th game on PSP, to be honest. I’m actually trying to beat the entire series right now. I already beat the first game. Now, I’m working on the second game. It is very possible to play these games on Windows 10 but you need the disk of the game and a download fix to make it work. I have both one and two setups to work. You can pm me to figure out what to do in order to play the game as well.

1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone - this is the first game based on the first book. Now, like I said before the games do not follow the same plotline as the books and movies. The first game is challenging due to the controls of the game. It was released in 2001 which marks its 20th anniversary of the game series this year. It still follows the movies and books but certain parts of the game are not part of the story. So, for instance, when you have to gather Bertie Bot Beans you will go through some training lessons in order to get a gauge of the controls. The ones teaching you of course are the Weasley Twins which is really entertaining since they have a prank they play at the end of the game. Give them the beans whenever they ask if you have the beans on hand. Otherwise, the prank will not happen in the end. I will admit this much if you ever do try this game out watch the youtube videos and look up the walkthroughs. The controls are extremely annoying to work with if you are not used to the game. When I started playing the first game again; I hadn’t played the game since the complete series 1-4 pc games which were the early 2000s. I finished the first game last spring. A fun game that can frustrate you like any 2001 game does nowadays.

1. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - this game came out in 2002 like the movie. It does start out with the plot of Ron and Harry using the car to get to Hogwarts. You also have to save yourself from the Whomping Willow too. That’s a fun part of the game since you have to figure out the right path to taking without getting beaten up by the tree. The one thing I actually do not like about the game is the way Harry moves to the side. See in the first one he turned normally when you clicked the A and D keys to go sideways. In this game, you slide to the side without actually turning. You have to move the camera around to go straight afterward. Definitely look up videos or the walkthrough to help you get the bonus parts of the different challenges in the game. You still are gathering the Bertie bot beans but this time they are not for the Weasleys but instead for special items you can pick up from the black market system the twins created. The twins do a lot of shady things throughout the games. I’m still working on beating this game right now. You also can collect Folio Cards from the chocolate frog cards but instead of being with the chocolate frogs, they are in the chest all throughout the game.

1. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - this is the third game of the series that follows the movies and books to a certain degree. It’s been a while since I played this game. It came out in 2004. I think this game was when gaming had finally gotten a stable point in time. The graphics are a bit different than the first two games. It’s really after this game the Harry Potter games started to get better. EA was finally getting a grasp on making video games since this was a year after Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - this game was the turning point after the third game. It was released in 2005. This is when the graphic was much more enhanced than the first 3 games of the series. This game is not very liked amongst the gaming community. The reason is that people thought it was more grind work than actual plotline challenges. The side bonuses were much different than the first three games entirely. I actually really loved this game. I played it on Xbox 360 when it came out. My sister didn’t care for it either because she felt the same way as others about it.

1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - this game is based on the fifth book and movie. It was built more similarly to the older games. Still excellent graphics the game followed the book and movie more just like the fourth game. It came out during 2007 which made the game a success. I only remember bits and pieces of this game since it has been so long since I played it. It was fun to play from what I remember. I was playing it on the PSP but I never played PlayStation consoles before so it took me a while to get into playing it which never panned out. I’m an Xbox person, not PlayStation.

1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - I never played this game since it was too expensive to get when it came out. I was also engrossed in Star Wars and Halo. It was a huge success though when the game came out. Not as grind work as game 4 which this game was released in 2009. It was available over multiple consoles and devices at this point since gaming was a huge deal at this point in time. The Graphics were great, the story had great plot challenges that made it fun for everyone. I will be excited to play this game when I get to it.

image image

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 & Part 2 - much like the movies these games were broken up into two parts as well. It follows the books and films to their usual degree. Since it came out in 2010 this game was made with really good graphics. Many people loved the games which is why they were a huge success. I plan to play both of them as well. I will probably write a review about the whole game series once I’m done.

So these are the 8 games of the Harry Potter Series. Have you ever played them? Did they ever catch your interest? If not, then what did you not like about them? Why were you not interested in them?

@Gamers

4 Likes

I have never heard of them before-
I don’t think I’ll ever play them, but wow those graphics doe-

1 Like

It’s one of my favorite game series though I can see where some might not want to play old games.

1 Like

It’s not even that, my computer wouldn’t be able to handle it. It can barely run chrome.

1 Like

Oh really? My flips out with chrome sometimes but it can still run the games. I would definitely use a computer that is meant for old games.

1 Like

Call of duty Harry potter edition

2 Likes

Lol that is hilarious!

1 Like

It sounds like an airplane go brrrrrrr-

1 Like

Yepp only played chamber of secrets (which I only remember evading prefects there)
Order of the phoenix which I have 0 memory of other than hogwarts itself
And deathly hallows part 2 which yeah. I never exaggerated.
Its a third person shooter with magic.
Its not bad but its not particularly good.

1 Like

Yeah, I really don’t like the evading control since it’s really annoying.

Me neither

I will keep that in mind then.

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like my old gateway.

1 Like

What about lego HP?

1 Like

I hate lego video games…

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

They remind me of minecraft. I also played some lego games but didn’t understand what to do even though I played it many times to get through the game. I just don’t have the patients to deal with them sadly. The shows are cute but the games are annoying. It was a Star Wars lego game based on the Attack of the Clones.

1 Like

I was talking with someone about this two days ago! I remember playing it and collecting beans with my mom when I was really young :pleading_face:

1 Like

Yeah, this was a fun series to play!

I used to have 2 harry potter games on my DSi
Deathly Hallows part 1 and 2
They were weird, I don’t even know how to describe them really, they definitely could be fun but compared to the games I’ve played now, not really :joy:

Nice, I’ve mainly played the pc ones and Xbox versions.

I know what you mean. I would never play these games normally but they are Harry Potter-themed games which I have always loved. I know that most of the games differ in a storyline on the different consoles they are playable on. At least, that is what I noticed anyway.

So, I found this knock off app of Harry Potter. It straight up is an idle Hogwarts but with certain things changed and some very obvious parts not changed. I love the cute little app which I think all Potter fans should check it out. I’ll post the link below. Let me know what you think of the app. It’s hard to not laugh at how similar this game is to Harry Potter.

@Discussions
@Bookworms
@Gamers

@ShanniiWrites @CrazyCaliope @anon68003072 @elixr @Jass @liyahsdiamond @Meekepeek

1 Like