Has anyone been to Italy?

I’m going to Italy this summer, and would love to talk to someone who’s been. We’re going to Rome, Sorrento, Capri and Florence. @Discussions

2 Likes

Ooh, Italy is amazing! Loved all the times I’ve been there as a kid. It has some of the most amazing food, be sure to eat pasta’s, pizza’s and if they have home made tiramisu somewhere, try it! You won’t regret it. Rome is a lovely mostly historic city, you can spend literally days there just exploring the culture and seeing all these great things. Sorrento is in such a beautiful piece of Italy in my opinion, you’ll love it. Capri doesn’t really say me much. Googling. Oh, seems rad as well, an island in that same great area! Firenze, as the Italians call it is quite an interesting city, Tuscany is rad either way. Also, in Italy they can be weird about having to wear a swimming cap if you swim in a pool (especially on campings), not sure if it’s relevant to you, but thought I would share it either way! Also, take loads of sun protection, summer in Italy, you’ll burn within minutes if you have some bad luck.

2 Likes

I went Italy in 2013 for a church trip. We stayed at a boarding school which itself wasn’t nice (we still had the best time ever) but the area which the school was in was sooo beautiful. The weather was also really lovely as it was really hot. I can’t remember the name of the area we stayed but yeah lol.

2 Likes

Ive seen pictures, and holy crap, it’s like a fairytale. I’m so excited.

2 Likes

I love Tiramisu, so you better believe I’m getting some. Interesting about the swimming caps. That’ll be annoying, but oh well. Thanks for the warning about the sun.

2 Likes

You definitely should, enjoy!! And yeah, it’s a bit annoying, but honestly, I never really noticed anymore once I was actually in the water :upside_down_face: Yeah, it’s really important, both as in sufficient sunscreen, as well as something to cover your head and shoulders at least for the hotter hours of the day!

2 Likes

I’m extremely pale as you’ve seen, so I definitely need sunscreen. We’re going in May. Holy crap, that’s next month, and I’ll be 22 in a week.

1 Like

Italy is rad, I’ve been there in summer quite often ^^
Make sure to pack enough sun protection and some mosquito spray because the mosquitoes there can be quite annoying ^^’

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Mosquitos are evil. May I ask what foods I should definitely try?

1 Like

Hmm I’d say pizza, pasta, ice cream, depending on where you go you might get to try some of the local fruit too, like one time we stayed at a farm kinda and got to eat the tastiest grapes ever and lots of other fruit ^^

1 Like

I’m definitely trying tiramisu and gelato.

1 Like

How long are you going for?

1 Like

A week.

Have fun!!

1 Like

I’ve been once. It was when I was staying with a best mate in the South of France (in Antibes) and he and I were driving around south the first weekend. On the Sunday, driving east around lunch time, he said he felt like pizza. I agreed, saying we should stop somewhere then to get some. He disagreed about stopping, saying Italy isn’t far, let’s go there.
So we did. About 30 minutes later, we were ordering pizza in Ventimiglia. Stayed there about 3 or so hours, walking around, and then drove back again. HAHA

1 Like

Lol, that’s hilarious. How was the pizza?

1 Like

Yeah, it was a really awesome and relaxed weekend. Pretty darn good. The place was practically on the beach, so a pizza and a drink, in summer, nothing better.

1 Like

Oh, hell yeah!

1 Like

Yeah.
Whereabouts are you going?

Also, random tangent, did you see my new activity game?

1 Like

See Op.

I did, I’ll check it out.

1 Like