Have you ever imagined yourself directing a music video?

We’ve talked about directing a tv show or movie but have you ever imagined yourself directing a music video?

I think about this all the time! I really love videography and making short videos but listening to songs and imagining what music videos for those songs could be like is my favorite thing to do.

7 Likes

Nah, actually not. I haven’t seen many so that may be why. :wink:

1 Like

It sounds more likely for me to do than directing a tv show, at least :eyes:

1 Like

Probably :eyes: I’d suck at it though!

1 Like

Well… I was in a small team of videography in my university years ago. We were given the task to do a short video with the ‘actors’/ a.k.a. the other students, miming to famous songs (So, it was kind of a music video). It was really fun to do, and I was behind the cameras with my friend. But unfortunately, due to time constrains, the final product only consist of non-singing clips. Our parts we did was removed, as the song recording was a total flop :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was starring in it but then I remembered that I can’t sing -

1 Like

I have imagined myself. I always loved editing and making little movies and the idea of directing a video

1 Like

I have plenty of ideas for music videos but I think I’d rather co-direct :eyes:

I have a bunch of times
I still want to do it ngl

Nope, maybe surprisingly for someone who loves videography and music, but I just really haven’t imagined myself doing this. However if something like this would get on my path I would enjoy it

I have! That would be so cool, I like good music videos and with some help, I’d really enjoy directing a music video to one of the songs that I wrote (if I ever turn one into real published song…)

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity~