Have you ever wanted to destroy a book?

When I was still in school, we once had to read a book that made me really angry so I wanted to throw it on the wall. One day I just dropped it on the floor but it still looks like nothing happened so I didn’t really destroy it :sweat_smile:

Have you have wanted to destroy a book?
Did you do it?
Why did you want to destroy it?

5 Likes

Why did it make you angry?

2 Likes

No lol even if I really don’t like a book I’ll just stop reading and donate it

2 Likes

The characters annoyed me and it was a really weird story

1 Like

Lele Pons: Surviving high-school!

Haven’t read it ----- watched a video on it and wanted to reach through the screen and light that book on fire! :+1:

• There’s like no plot
  • No lesson
  • It’s basically her rise to fame, has nothing to do with the title

This book makes me want to burn down the company that makes them. :see_no_evil:

I Read Lele Pons' Awful Book - YouTube

:point_up:t4: :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ve read things before that had a REALLY GOOD cliff hanger and I wanted to scream and throw the book because the writing was too good and I had to either stop myself from reading more cuz it was late or something or I finished the book!
There was also that one book where the love interest for one of the MCs cheated on her, doesn’t think it is reasonable to at least stop after she knows then in the end dies…
Yeah no… not reading another book of that series. Like it was a great book and written beautifully, but I just can’t get past the way the author ended the latest book and the whole cheating thing. And worse yet, the person who cheated with the guy was one of the MCs and she keeps trying to go after him and- yeah. Sorry I can’t root for that MC no matter how “beautiful” you say she is author.

If the book is bad I either laugh at it or it just bores me.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

i’M LaTInA! :woman_facepalming:

I hAD ThE MosT FOllOWerS ON ViNE!

3 Likes

Yes, but only because I found the cover creepy :joy::rose::two_hearts:

I usually want to destroy those long 300 page books we have to read for school. Most of them are over 200 years old, really boring and the author’s views are usually… Well… Old fashioned. It makes me want to not only destroy it, but banish the book to the deep ends of the underworld.

2 Likes

Ew.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Exactly what I was thinking!

3 Likes

She’s just… no.

3 Likes

:+1:

3 Likes

How could I forget how she screwed over her friends? :grimacing:

3 Likes

Cough Amanda Cerny Cough

Althoughhhh Amanda is egocentric she don’t deserve that.

3 Likes

There was this book we had to read for school and then the book ended with a cliffhanger. It was such an amazing story and the damn author hasn’t posted part 2 and it has been seven years since he published part 1

4 Likes

Oh wait, I want to rip up my Biology textbook! I am 100% not a science person. I can get behind math as long as I understand the concepts cuz then the problems are actually kind of fun to solve (but definitely wouldn’t do it for fun lolz) but with science and Biology… no… my brain just does not comprehend. So boring as well…

5 Likes

Right :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Exactly. Like why do I want to know what’s happening inside my body? I’m pretty sure it’s inside our body for a reason

4 Likes