Have You Ever Worked With Someone On A Book/Writing Piece?

Hello! Have you guys ever worked with someone on writing something? If so what was your experience? I’ve tried to do it but it was never successful.

10 Likes

Sometimes me and my friends work on stories. Most weren’t successful, but they were fun

1 Like

Years ago, I belonged to a forum for virtual telenovelas, and one of the writers suggested we make a group story. But I hated the MC and the LI; they were so boring and plain vanilla, so in my chapters, I focused mainly on the secondary characters.

4 Likes

Wow so those side characters must have been as interesting as heck.

1 Like

Me and @Badass_Saasha did it once , kinda … we edited each other’s book and stuff … But then it didn’t get completed cause I like a genius had exams and what not

3 Likes

I have tried to write something with others before. The first time was with my old high school friend but we couldn’t find the time to connect. My latest one is with my best friend from work. We wrote the College Days story called A Mystical Beginning. It went well though we are revamping the whole story since we were rushed because of the deadline. Right now, we have been really busy to actually hangout and write on the story.

1 Like

I’ve written a story with @Badass_Saasha quite a while ago haha, and I can tell it wasn’t a good story… It was way too rushed :rofl:

1 Like

You wrote a story with me? Wait, are you Jassie? :joy:

1 Like

Maybe it wasn’t meant to be?

Yes, I am, you didn’t know I changed my username?

1 Like

I was on a two month long break so no, I didn’t.

1 Like

Ahhh, okay! Haha, our story really wasn’t that good tho, but it brought us something way more valuable in my opinion, our friendship.

1 Like

That’s true. Tho I’ll have to say don’t remind me of that story… It gives me nightmares sometimes. I feel like our coding was good, our idea was good, our efforts were good. We just went wrong with the implementation. Oh well, maybe it wasn’t meant to be.

And yeah, that’s true.

I did. With @TessS We are a very good team. She is fast, I am detail-oriented. She is a diplomat and reasonable, I am a tyrant slash genius. Perfect combo. We share a similar sense of humour too.

4 Likes

Yes! I’m currently writing on an episode story with someone. I feel like I’m not contributing as much as I should though because I just don’t have enough time! :confused:

2 Likes

I could never do that. I can ask for tips but not let someone else write on something I’ve started.

1 Like

But I’m going to do that :eyes:

1 Like

We’ll see how that goes :rofl:

1 Like

I haven’t worked on an Episode story or anything with someone before, but I have worked on a couple of SGs with a partner before. Unfortunately, it didn’t end well. Though it started well and we wrote really well together, the perfect balance, it didn’t end well. Sadly, it ended when they stopped communicating out of the blue.

What about you, @Writers?

3 Likes

I have tried to write things with other people, but it’s never worked well. I’d only try and do that again with people I knew well…

2 Likes