How can we improve the forums? 👀✨

:grin:

1 Like

Just like Squishy said, your mental health is far more important than the forums Shannii

1 Like

We still need more ducks but I’m working on that :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

Can we create an anonymous form for people to submit their ways?

I think one way we can improve these forums and get more people here is if we get new people to feel more welcome here. There is a welcoming thread and a way to introduce yourself, but after that, there isn’t much else and a lot of new people get lost and feel alone, so they eventually become inactive.

3 Likes

So do you have any suggestions on how we could make them feel more welcomed? :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::smiley_cat:

1 Like

Your talking about the staff question thread right?

1 Like

This is a good point! I was wondering what we can do to make people feel more welcome once the initial welcoming! Do you have any suggestions?

Maybe a Thread Shop? Where someone can post their interests and we could have people suggest them threads?

1 Like

Okay a form has been made and I’ll probably make a thread. But for now here you go

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah, I think after new people join and check out the welcoming thread, a thread shop could help people settle in and find which part of these forums they would like to start in. If a new user says that they’re interested in art, maybe someone in charge of the Thread Shop or other forum users could say that they should head to the Art category. I think after that, the artists over there could help the new user become more active and talk to them more.
That way, we can help reduce as much inactiveness from new users as possible.

@ShanniiWrites

1 Like

Since the anonymous form has been closed-

I sent this one a while back, and I’m kinda curious if it’s possible :eyes:

4 Likes

I’ll @ShanniiWrites on this one
I’ll also look on the discourse forum because if I remember rightly it is possible but obviously Shannii knows more than me :joy:

3 Likes

Okay :star_struck:

2 Likes

Also guys please use this thread :pleading_face: we got some really rad improvements sent to the anonymous one!

3 Likes
  • the ability to pin posts
  • give the op the ability to highlight their own posts if they’re getting annoyed at off topic posting
  • don’t flag for people forgetting to censor (I’m not sure this happened but I’ve heard it happened)
  • bring back the tiny badges even though they caused error 429 :pleading_face:
  • custom emojis
  • what spoon said about different colors on your username
  • a forum photoshoot because it sounds like it would be fun
  • allowing us to follow people again
  • allow us to choose a different color to show if we’re online instead of having it be picked by the forum theme
  • having our profile only partially hidden, like maybe we only wanna show somethings like our name and location, not bio, and maybe we want our profile to be visible but don’t wanna be seen online, or maybe we want to hide ourselves but wanna be seen online

on the discord:

• a reminder against mass pings
  • more specific discord rules in general
  • do you have a moderation bot? just curious
2 Likes

Like this? :eyes:

2 Likes

how do you do that

1 Like

[highlight]text here :eyes:[/highlight ]

1 Like

ok sorry I didn’t know that existed, ignore that :sweat_smile: