How can we improve the forums? šŸ‘€āœØ

like this? epic

1 Like

We are looking into this!

I think you can highlight your own text with the BB codes if not then you can use a block quote! If you really want people to get back on topic you could tag me to give it a staff colour maybe :thinking: (I see Hanna has already explained :joy::joy::joy: Imma slowtyper)

Actually usually leaders go around and censor those posts but usually the post will only get flagged if the leader has asked the person to censor their language and they ignore them. Also repeated reminders to the same person can get time consuming but yeah in general the posts will be censored anyway, especially if it just seems like the person forgot.

I loved the tiny badges but maybe this could be a future thing for when it doesnā€™t cause 429.

@ChaoticDeluge has a better answer to this than me

hmm it could be fun but what do you mean?
A selfie thing?
A zepeto thing?
An episode outfit thing?
Rad idea and Iā€™d love to know more!

I do believe Shannii is working on this! Hang in there.

We are limited to our brand colours, Iā€™m not sure how this could be implemented :thinking: Iā€™ll @ChaoticDeluge

Again, not sure if discourse can do this but thanks for the suggestion

@katabasis could probably answer these :wink:

2 Likes

To explain this better
You may get an edit notification from a leader who has editted your post
We understand that you can forget to censor your posts, the flagging usually only comes if you have already been reminded.

2 Likes
2 Likes

that makes sense :eyes:

2 Likes

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but when thereā€™s certain threads attacking a certain user, these comments should be removed without fear of being banned for ā€œstarting dramaā€.

1 Like

in general you shouldnā€™t make threads like this because all they do is bring a bad name to the forum :eyes:

but yeah I do agree

2 Likes

If you see a thread attacking an user, flag it. Itā€™s against the rules :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

This is already against the rules, if you see a thread that is explicitly attacking a person for their character and not their opinions or ideas, flag it.

However, you can be as rude as you like with someoneā€™s ideas, that isnā€™t against the rules.

2 Likes

If youā€™re attacking a user, I donā€™t know why you shouldnā€™t be fearing banning. We donā€™t tolerate bullying here

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a couple but I didnā€™t wanna go on a flagging spree.

Huge difference between bashing an opinion and targeting someone for clout. And to be honest, we shouldnā€™t be rude about other peopleā€™s opinions anyway. Disagreeing is different but do it in respectful manner. Thatā€™s kinda where you start crossing the line if you get me

You can disagree with someone however you like, however our forum rules are very clear that you are not allowed to tone police someone and tell them that they have to be respectful, and people are allowed to disagree with opinions (but still not peopleā€™s character)

4 Likes

no one is entitled to be respectful

thatā€™s tone policing isnā€™t it

3 Likes

Itā€™s not tone policing but once people start being rude thatā€™s when bullying happens. This is just a suggestion. Maybe if you want to bash that opinion, do it over PM than in public? :woman_shrugging:

Itā€™s not tone policing but when people start bashing and being rude thatā€™s when bullying happens. And bullying is against the guidelines? Correct me if Iā€™m wrong :woman_shrugging:

Ps. I recall you telling me that I wasnā€™t allowed an opinion.

@josiej8

Tone policing is when you critisize the way somebody said their opinion instead of the actual opinion itself. Itā€™s when instead of adressing the other persons point you just say ā€œyou should be more respectfulā€ or ā€œyou donā€™t have to be so rude about itā€ if you ignore the central argument and just focus on how it was said. Then it is tone policing which is against our guidelines. Iā€™m sure @ChaoticDeluge could explain it better than me or even @ShanniiWrites could.

Ad-hominem attacks are when the person is being attacked instead of the opinion.

3 Likes

Everyoneā€™s allowed an opinion, I may have told you youā€™re not allowed to tell people to stop sharing theirs

Bullying is not and will never be the same as not having a respectful tone in a debate

3 Likes

I see. So how do you get your point across without ā€œtone policingā€?

Say for example that you shared an opinion and someone disagreed, which is ok. Then they go create a thread to bash your opinions and troll. Is that allowed or is it considered bullying? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

And this is what Iā€™m trying to say. Some people use ā€œopinionsā€ to douche but then hide behind the ā€œfreedom of speechā€ stuff.

And I never said anyone isnā€™t allowed an opinion. But it gets to a point where it can turn into bullying if you get me