< idiot teens with a deathwish. > | Official Roleplay Thread

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: NPC Post :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

Erek took out an earbud, giving a small smile, as if he hadn’t expected anyone to approach him. “Hey, Carmen. Yeah, I’m Erek. What’s up?” Up to now, he’d mostly just been keeping to himself, seemingly distracted by… something. Nonetheless, he took the opportunity for conversation in stride, matching Carmen’s energy in all but name, even mirroring some of her movements as they moved through the exhibit. Erek seemed to take particular note of a Duamutef canopic jar and a statue of Anubis, among other items, before turning back to Carmen. “I rather like that we got such a fascinating exhibit. The Ancient Egyptians were quite ahead of their time, in my opinion, and their culture was like no other.” He scribbled down something on the assignment page in handwriting so neat, it could be mistaken for a font. “Their fondness for cats, especially, is interesting, though I’m more of a dog lover myself.” He chuckled under his breath. “How do you feel about all this, though? Anything caught your eye?”

@Kristi - Carmen

5 Likes

Saige Armony

Saige took a deep breath and stepped off the bus, entering the giant swarm of kids, a portion who most likely had no desire to be there but was excited to just have an escape from the norm of regular high school life.

Saige looked at the piece of paper that was given to her as she stepped off the bus. There were a bunch of names she recognized, but didn’t particularly care about. She knew the kids in the group she was assigned to, and knew they would ditch her the first moment she got. Which…they did. As soon as the principal gave the okay, they left her, leaving her alone next to a single group of students who had not yet left. Saige knew that as long as she checked in at lunch and the end of the day, nobody would care if she wasn’t with her group.

Saige walked over to the information desk and grabbed one of the kiddy scavenger hunts designated for the area she was assigned to. It wouldn’t take her long to do, but at least it gave her something to complete after she did the worksheet. Saige also grabbed a map of the museum, skimming it over as she briskly walked over to her assigned exhibit where she quickly did the assignment then made her way to the Ancient Egypt exhibit to see if there were some Sphynx riddles.

Spoiler alert: There were none.

There were, however, a group of students who were starting to leave the exibit. Saige thought it probably wouldn’t be the worst idea to join up with a couple of students to not get in trouble.

Saige walked up to couple of students who were talking.

“Hey. Do you have room for one more?” She asked.

@Tina.G - Delphi
@Tellyg47 - Nathaniel

5 Likes

Carmen LIu

“Hey, Carmen. Yeah, I’m Erek. What’s up?”
Carmen didn’t reply for a while; her lips formed a hesitant smile as she considered what to say to the mysterious boy. After a moment, she gathered the courage to speak up. “I was actually thinking… would you be interested in exploring the museum together?” That would give her a little time to figure out what exactly has been going on with him and what his reasoning is for being so weird lately. Exploring—he loved to explore, didn’t he? If he did not and she mistaken him for another person, then Carmen still knew that he would agree to explore with her. It was in his nature, after all, to be aggressively and weirdly friendly and yet at the same time keep a low profile.

True to his nature, Erek agreed, he seemed to have been wanting something like this, something to ease his mind out of a problem he was having, but what was the problem?

As they strolled through the museum, Carmen’s expression remained stoic, her features and mind seemingly untouched by the surroundings. The artwork and exhibits failed to ignite a spark or delight within her. It was very clear that Carmen was not fond of what the museum was presenting; she found it boring, to put it in simpler words. Perhaps that was why she preferred sports; they were more engaging. Carmen also watched Erek from the corner of her eyes; he seemed to be fascinated by what Carmen knew to be a Duamutef canopic jar and a statue of Anubis. She didn’t know that he was such an ancient Egyptian lover, but then again, she did not really know him; she only knew him for three reasons; he was in some of her classes, he was a friend of a friend and everybody knew him. But other than that and what she has observed, Erek King was to say the least a mystery to her.

“I rather like that we got such a fascinating exhibit. The Ancient Egyptians were quite ahead of their time, in my opinion, and their culture was like no other.”

Erek’s words broke the silence, jolting Carmen out of her trance and prompting her to blink more than usual. He continued, talking about their fondness for cats, how he was much more of a dog lower and other things that fascinated him about the place. Then he stopped to ask about her thoughts on the museum.

Boring, was her thoughts but she didn’t say that though, instead she focused on what Erek said about the Egyptians, “The ancient Egyptians were quite amazing. It’s worth noting how they were affected by both Mesopotamia and the Nubians, even though these influences are sometimes overlooked in pop culture. Furthermore, their contributions in architecture, mathematics, and medicine during that time period were genuinely outstanding. It’s fascinating to see the long-lasting influence their rich culture and traditions have had on the world…” Carmen Liu has wondered a lot of things, but one of her biggest wonders was why the Mesopotamians and the Nubian, especially the nubians did not get talked of as much often as the ancient Egyptians or the ancient greeks and ancient romans, despite their influences being from there.

It was whatever, she guessed.

“Is there a particular thing that fascinates you about the ancient egyptians? Is there a particular thing of their culture or history that you know, which stands out to you?”

@phnx - Erek

5 Likes

A trip to the art museum, a perfect excuse to skip class. Except for once, Scarlett wouldn’t get in trouble. She only came to fill out the worksheet and leave as fast as she arrived. Looking through the slip she was handed, Scarlett could recognize a few names, though the others were strangers. Josias, the shy boy she met at the gym and occasionally spoke to, and… Nathaniel. She’d rather forget ever meeting him.

Though, something caught her attention. When her principal warned everyone to avoid the construction and the business conference, Scarlett couldn’t help but do the opposite. There was nothing remotely interesting about visiting a museum. She didn’t value art or history, seeing them as meaningless things that people overvalue. But getting in trouble? That was something she could get behind.

After recognizing Josias and Nathaniel in the crowd, she joined the rest of her group heading to the exhibition. She didn’t bother greeting them, slipping into the group without bringing attention to herself. Scarlett planned on finishing the work required first, then disappearing to literally anywhere else. Good plan, until, someone decided to approach her and start a conversation.

“Okay?” she turned to them, confused why they’re talking to her. “Yeah, I’m Scarlett. Need something?”

@phnx || CAMLYN CARTER

5 Likes

“Huh, I never knew you were such a history buff,” Erek said, his smile not reaching his eyes. A brief flicker of an indescribably emotion crossed his face, before disappearing entirely. “I personally just think their society was amazing. Even if we don’t know very much about it today.” He looked at a miniature replica of the Great Pyramid of Gisa, murmuring under his breath.

Suddenly, Erek jerked his head up, as though he’d heard something- but there was nothing, save for the two of them and the rest of their groupmates loitering about the exhibition. He gave Carmen a sad smile. “I’m sorry, I need to use the bathroom real quick. I’ll catch back up with you in a bit?” He stood patiently, waiting for her response before leaving.

@Kristi - Carmen

5 Likes

The calm space had been filled with the touch of Halia’s slight discomfort. And finally, the words that came out of Jo’s mouth had sealed the deal. She felt herself looking around aimlessly to disguise the flustered look on her face. After all, compliments were her soft spot and had always made her smile uncontrollably. It had felt real, geniune, and that was her weakness. “Thanks Jo, you might’ve just made my day”. While he was nonchalant and causal about it, the words he said meant a lot to her. Little time had passed and she had noticed someone approaching, gazing over to their direction. “Hey there”, she says invitingly. Perhaps she was too flustered by the bright camera flash, or the two compliments she had recieved, and she hadn’t noticed that Jamie quietly joined their group. Halia recognized that the two never really spoke.

@Ouijaloveletters
@M0thpawz
@Tina.G

4 Likes

Nathaniel Darkthorne

Nate trotted alongside Delphi through the dimly lit halls of the ancient Egypt exhibit, his gaze captivated by the enchanting displays that surrounded them. The walls were filled with meticulously carved hieroglyphics, their faded color hinting at the passage of cuntless centuries. Golden artifacts gleamed under the soft glow of the exhibit’s lighting. The allure of these ancient relics stirred a sense of wonder within him as if the secrets of a long-last world were whispering in his ear. Amidst his temporary status, Nate stayed focused on Delphi’s words, ignoring the possible whispers of the past.

“I understand, Fifi,” Nate replied, his voice carrying an unhappy amount of empathy. “It takes time for our minds to catch up with our hearts.”

Continuing their journey, Nate couldn’t ignore the prickling goosebumps crawling down his skin. The air seemed to crackle with the echoes of a bygone era, where pharaohs of old once wore the very jewels hidden under protective glass. Delphi’s hand brushed against a strand of fading jewels, and in that fleeting touch, Nate noticed Delphi’s expression. He wondered what thoughts and feelings were swimming through their mind.

Delphi moved with a grace and reverence that made Nate feel as though he was in the presence of a sage Their fingers delicately traced the contours of the ancient treasures, their eyes alight with curiosity and a hunger for something Nate couldn’t understand. It was a sight that both fascinated and unsettled Nate, for he knew that Delphi possessed a deep understanding of the unseen. Her question about the worksheet jolted him out of his state of mind, bringing him back to the reality of their adventure.

“Took me a few seconds,” Nate answered. “I’m ready too…”

Just as Nate wanted to suggest they leave for the ‘bathroom’ a figure with long, lustrous purple hair and a flowing white dress caught his attention. This person exudes an air of elegance. Nate’s instinctive caution kicked in, observing the classmate with a critical gaze. His guard remained firmly in place, the walls around him seemingly impenetrable, as he analyzed her appearance and demeanor. The intricate puzzle pyramid tattoo raised questions in Nate’s mind. Who was this person, and what were their intentions?

Though Nate sensed a certain confidence and curiosity emanating from this person, he remained cautious. “Join us?” Nate repeated, trying his best to hide the skepticism in his voice. “Are you in the wrong group? This is the Ancient Egypt exhibit group.” His gaze remained locked with hers, searching for any hint of deception.

Nate’s eyes briefly flickered toward Delphi, silently seeking their input on this unexpected encounter.

@Tina.G - Delphi - (Nate doesn’t recognize Saige maybe Delphi does?)
@Bexs - Saige

4 Likes

Carmen Liu

“Huh, I never knew you were such a history buff,”

It was a compliment, his voice showed that it was intended to be one but his eyes were empty, void of emotions. It became more evident to Carmen that Erek King was concealing something, and if she doubted it before, she definitely did not now. He was hiding something and it seemed like almost nobody noticed except for her. As he continued to express admiration for the ancient Egyptian society, he turned away from her, fixating his gaze on the replica of the Great Pyramid of Giza, muttering softly to himself. Carmen took a moment to gather her thoughts before she finally said, her eyes wary, betraying her indifferent face, “You seem to know more than most, am I correct?” From what it looked like, she was absolutely correct and even if he denied it, then Carmen knew what he was.

A liar, a big bad liar.

While they were still looking at the artwork, Erek’s unexpected movement drew Carmen’s attention, leaving her bewildered. His sudden head jerk created concerns in her thoughts. What was he doing? What was he really thinking or hiding? He gave her a sad smile,telling her he would have to leave and would catch back up with her soon,

“Ok,” Carmen muttered, “Go ahead,” and he did just that, going ahead. Carmen followed behind him, she suspected he was not really using the bathroom and if she followed him, she would find out what he was actually up to.

For every 10 steps he took, Carmen took two steps, carefully to not make a sound and to blend into the backgrounds like she normally did. She was determined to find out the truth, to discover what Erek was really up to. Her senses were heightened as she watched every move he made, her steps planned and cautious.

She could not mess this up, after all if she did, she did not know what she would answer once he asked, ‘hey, why are you stalking me while i’m going to the bathroom?’ because Carmen could not just outright say, ‘you’re hiding something and i’m a wannabe detective who wants to figure out what you’re hiding, because being a detective is kind of like a sport and i’m bored and worried for my friend’ She would be looked at like crazy and it was just too many words to say all at once.

@phnx - Erek

4 Likes

Ready to go off the beaten path and explore some of the lesser-known exhibits, Nathanial faulted in his speech for a second. Nate had stopped. Delphi followed his gaze and saw what had caught his attention. In the midst of t ancient Egypt, there stood a girl with lilac hair that flowed down her shoulders in soft undulating waves. Her full lips were pursed in concentration as she stood motionless, gazing at the painting in front of her with intent scrutiny…. Or maybe she was pretending to look busy. Though her demeanor was timeless and quiet, there was an indescribable magnetism about her, an ethereal quality that drew the gaze of passersby. Well, at least drew in Delphi’s eyes.

Alas, mayday. She started to approach them and Del look a slight step towards Nate. “Hey. Do you have room for one more?” Delphi couldn’t help but study her too, taking in the way the light from the florencant lighting played off her hair and the subtle expressions that crossed her face as she stood before them. Somebody should probably say something. “Join us?” Nate asked, making Fifi give him a subtle side eye. “Are you in the wrong group? This is the Ancient Egypt exhibit group.” Delphi noticed the skepticism in Nate’s voice and saw the girl’s shoulders tense slightly at his words. Wanting to ease the tension, for her sake, she chimed in, "We’re actually just exploring the museum and checking out the different exhibits. We don’t have a specific plan in mind nor will we have a group for long.” Delphi peaked at the girl. “But don’t tell anyone.” She quickly quipped with a grin.

Orp • @Bexs x @Tellyg47 • Nate x Saige
Hope this was okay, I think I switched something’s around let me know if something should be fixed!!

4 Likes

Saige Armony

The two students Saige approached didn’t really seem that interested in Saige actually being there. She noticed that the shorter one with short brown hair took a step behind the taller man, who’s curly black hair seemed to somehow stick a bit higher in the air at Saige’s arrival.

"Are you in the wrong group? This is the Ancient Egypt exhibit group.”

Saige’s shoulders’ tensed as the taller one spoke, feeling his skepticism, although almost hidden perfectly, in the air around them. Despite this, Saige kept her eye contact with Nate, somehow feeling like she had at least seen him before. Saige narrowed her eyebrows, determined to win this sudden staring contast. After a few seconds, the shorter one spoke, and Saige broke eye contact to quickly glance at owner of the voice before returning to look at the taller person. He’s testing me Saige thought. Observing me…

A few seconds of awkward tension later, Saige relaxed her body, still looking at the taller one.

“I was actually assigned to the Ancient Greek exhibit.” She responded, not too quickly to raise any further suspicion. “They ditched me the moment the principal dismissed us, so I did what any reasonable person used to the societal norms of being constantly ditched and is forced to work with a tight nit clique would do. I did the work and left.”

Saige took a quick glance at the shorter person again before looking back at the taller one. “To avoid getting in trouble, I decided to stop by the Ancient Egypt exibit to see if there were any Sphynx riddles I could solve, and also see if I could find a group to join…like your friend just mentioned.” Saige glanced again at the smaller one. The taller one clearly had some sort of affection for the shorter one. To the point where he feels the need to protect the smaller one. Their closeness suggested that they had been friends for a while for such closeness to occur.

@Tellyg47 - Nathaniel
@Tina.G - Delphi

4 Likes

:heart: Camlyn Carter :heart:

Cam made a face that was somewhere between a smirk and an outright grin at Scarlett’s dismissiveness. “Nah. It just seems like everyone here’s having some sort of conversation to cut the boredom of this trip, and I figured I might as w ell try and meet someone new. Unless you’d rather be left alone?” Camlyn quirked an eyebrow. They knew that not everyone was really as chit-chatty as them- and they had a lot of chit-chattiness pent up- but they figured that Scarlett would at least be bored enough to engage in some form of conversation.

A second passed. Two. Camlyn rocked back and forth. Out of the corner of their eye, they saw Delphi talking to Nate and someone else they didn’t recognize, Halia chatting with Josias and Hayden, and Erek slipping away, with who she assumed was Carmen following. “Penny for your thoughts?” Cam said, trying to break the silence.

@idiot.exe - Scarlett

3 Likes

After trying so hard to deter anyone from approaching her, Scarlett was baffled how someone still tried to talk to her. It wasn’t that she found it annoying, rather she was at a loss for words. “…No, it’s fine. I guess.” she responded.

Camlyn, an interesting name. They seemed like the type of person who could hold a conversation with anyone. One of the social and cheerful extroverts, without a worry in the world – that’s how she saw them. Scarlett could only wish she could be one of them, but it was too late to change anything. Though, unlike them, she wasn’t held down by society’s expectations. Not anymore. At the very least, she was free, is how she tried to justify herself.

A few seconds of silence passed, and Scarlett was getting a bit uneasy. Used to being a loner, she almost forgot everything about socializing. Luckily, Camlyn broke the silence. “This is very boring, is all I’m thinking.” she replied. “I’m more tempted to visit the exhibit under construction, how long do you think it will take them to notice?”

@phnx || CAMLYN CARTER

3 Likes

Nathaniel Darkthorne

With skepticism lingering in his voice, Nate took a reevaluation of this girl’s appearance and mannerisms. As Nate observed Saige’s tall stature, he noted how it matched his own, and the way they held themselves with a sense of confidence. It hinted at a self-assuredness, an individual who seemed comfortable in their skin.

As the silence between them stretched, he subtly shifted his weight, a barely noticeable movement that allowed his fingers to brush against the strap of his messenger bag. The touch of the bag served as a safety net, a hidden option against this person who has yet to reveal their name. Although not completely threatened by their presence, Nate’s instincts urged him to remain cautious, keeping his guard firmly in place.

Nate finally decided to speak, his voice measured and composed. “Huh? Ancient Greek exhibit… You took quite a trip to end here.” He maintained his unwavering eye contact, matching Saige’s intensity to a fault.

With a nonchalant smile on his face, Nate inwardly acknowledged his lapse in judgment, realizing he made two big mistakes. First, he failed to allow Delphi to take the lead in this encounter, a missed opportunity to stand back and gauge the situation. Second, not trying harder to skip this field trip. What he did manage to gauge with little effort was the intensity in Saige’s eyes indicating a test, their intention to probe his vulnerabilities quite clear.

Saige’s words echoed in Nate’s brain, and he dissected her comment about being ‘constantly ditched and forced to work with a tight-knit clique.’ It revealed a history of exclusion, possibly a want to break free from the chains of social norms and find her place. But what caught his eye once again was the tattoo, it added another layer to their enigma, a symbol of complexity and depths.

Saige’s constant maintenance of eye contact further piqued Nate’s interest. It suggested a keen observation and an attempt to assert dominance. This white-haired figure barely acknowledged Fifi, focusing solely on figuring Nate out.

Feeling the heat of this encounter, Nate couldn’t ignore the opportunity to make a move, taking the lead in this psychological battle. “By the way, I’m Nathaniel.” He stated, allowing his name to become a puzzle for Saige to analyze. “And this is Delphi” Nate used his right hand to make a subtle yet intentional gesture, fingering lightly grazing the air, emphasizing the presence of his friend. He made it a fluid movement, almost instinctive, accompanied by a gentle smile that sole purpose was to ease the situation he himself made too intense. There was an underlying charm in his demeanor…

@Tina.G - Delphi (Delphi will have to carry the dialogue)
@Bexs - Saige (:

4 Likes

“Huh? Ancient Greek exhibit… You took quite a trip to end here.” As Nate questioned the girl about her intentions for wanting to explore with them, Delphi observed her closely. ”And you made fast work of it, too.” They noticed that the girl seemed genuinely curious about their adventure, but also a little apprehensive. Fifi tuned out, staring off into the distance, lost in thought as she mulled over the tense atmosphere around her. She could sense that everyone was on edge, and she knew that it was up to her to try and ease the tension. Delphi knew that he had an ability to read people and situations, and he was determined to use that to his advantage. What can I do to lessen the tension? she chanted to herself, frowning as she considered her options. She knew that simply speaking up and questioning the situation might do more harm than good, but she also knew that something had to be done. But winner winner chicken dinner Nate spoke up first.

By the way, I’m Nathaniel.” He stated, putting himself in puzzle mode. “And this is Delphi, Delphi watched as Nate smoothly introduced himself to the girl, allowing his name to become a puzzle for her to analyze. She could sense the tension in the air, but she also couldn’t help but admire Nate’s charm and ease in the situation. As he gestured towards her, Delphi smiled slightly and nodded in greeting. She appreciated Nate’s efforts to ease the tension and make everyone feel more comfortable, even as he took the lead here. Delphi knew that Nate was a skilled analyst and could sense the potential for conflict in any situation. But she also knew that he had a way of making them feel at ease, even in the most intense of situations. Maybe he was doing the same here? “On the way down here did you see any other places people are supposed to stick together could easily get distracted and not stay together?” In other words, any cool places they could sneak off to. Fifi zoned out, drifting in and out of every conversation happening in the room. After she couldn’t take it, she spoke up maybe interrupting. “I feel as though we should walk and talk so we don’t have to stand here staring at each other.” Delphi stated the obvious. Looking around, they studied a display case containing a beautifully preserved sarcophagus, something caught her eye near by. It was a small bronze statue of the god Anubis, the jackal-headed god of mummification and the afterlife.

Delphi was immediately drawn to it, and she couldn’t resist taking a closer look. “Come on, walk and talk you two.” she huffed before leaving them in her midst. She studied the intricate details of the statue, noting how the artisans had captured the distinctive features of the god’s jackal head and the elaborate headdress he wore. She was so engrossed in studying the statue that she didn’t even notice the other people around her. But the sound of the group next to her brought her back—specifically Josias. She glanced at them before turning to see if the two had followed or not, hoping she hadn’t caused an explosion of more tension.

Orp • @Bexs x @Tellyg47 • Nate x Sage
Feel free to add saiges introduction anywhere in the middle of this :sweat_smile: hope it’s alright that Fifi kinda just,… up and left lol

5 Likes

Erek continued to navigate the twisting corridors of the museum, seemingly unaware of Carmen’s presence behind him. Maybe Carmen would notice that it was taking an oddly long time for him to find the bathroom, or that he doubled back to the exhibition at some point.

He turned one last corner, and when Carmen followed him, he was… gone.

@Kristi - Carmen

6 Likes

:exclamation: GM Post :exclamation:

The lights flickered.

The sharp whine of the old bulbs pierced the exhibit suddenly, before returning to normal, as though it had never happened in the first place. That was easy enough to ignore.

What wasn’t easy to ignore, however, was when it happened again, five minutes later. And again soon after that, with each occurrence getting more and more violent. Electrical shrieks filled the exhibition as lightbulbs flashed and popped, raining glass on the group until the entire exhibit was plunged into darkness.

The only light, save for the strip lights that ran across the edge of the room, came from a door that was just slightly cracked open, leading to one of the conference rooms that was supposedly being used for the business conference. You could hear a loud crash coming from the room, followed by a series of unintelligible yells and heavy footsteps.

You approach the door, peering through the slight crack. There, in the center of the room, was Erek King- but something was… off about him. His body flickered and distorted, as though he was an image broadcasted on one of those old, rabbit-eared T.V. monitors. Underneath the image of his body, you could catch glimpses of a body made of interlocking metal plates, as though the Erek you knew was nothing but a projection over some sort of robot. It was insane. Impossible.

Across from Erek, in a part of the room beyond your vision, came a clattering of footsteps. You catch a glimpse at three pairs of shoes, two matching pairs of men’s boots flanking someone wearing brown loafers. They positioned themselves across the room from Erek, beyond your field of view.

“Why are you doing this?” Erek’s voice came out strained and hollow. “We were your allies. I was your friend.

“You can’t remember that.” Another voice came from beyond your vision- it was older, almost familiar in some ways, though you couldn’t quite put your finger on who.

“I don’t know how, but I do.” Erek’s eyes were misty, as though he was on the verge of crying- though, based on what you were seeing, you didn’t know how that was possible. “So why are you killing us?”

The other voice took a while to answer. “If you do, somehow remember, then you know. Because of her. Because of them. Both of them.”

Erek set his jaw, backing up a few steps. “That doesn’t answer my question.”

The voice came out cold and bitter. “It doesn’t have to.”

A pair of clicks, like two guns having their safeties flicked off. Erek widened his eyes, before extending his arm. In his hand was a small, milky white prism, that seemed to crackle with untapped energy.

“Hold your fire! He has the Pemalite Crystal, he could kill us all.” The voice growled, no longer talking to Erek. “He’s damaged. He can’t leave this place without exposing who he his. We come back, and we come back with backup.”

You hear the sound of three pairs of feet exiting the room, a door slamming shut behind them. Erek shudders, stumbling back before collapsing against a wall. His image continues to flicker, and you can see that part of the metal underneath his projection is severely damaged, with steel and wires burnt and smoking. His eyes flick towards the cracked-open door you’re watching from behind. “They’re gone. Not for long, though. You still have time to make it out of here.”

@Animorphs

6 Likes

IMG_3173
The lights flickering startled Jamie٫ and they looked up٫ shrugging it off. It kept happening٫ and Jaime was extremely annoyed. When it got too violent for their tastes٫ they got into the tornado drill position٫ and lucky they did٫ because then the bulbs exploded٫ plunging everything into dakness. The emergency exit signs glowed an erie red٫ like bioluminescent blood. Moving towards the only light٫ Jamie peered in٫ careful not to be seen. Silently observing Erik King and several other…figures٫ they watched as Erik’s body flickered like a hologram. After the men who were clearly out to get Eric had left٫ he seemed to know Jamie was there٫ because he spoke. They slowly stepped into view.
@phnx - Erik

5 Likes

:bangbang: Possible TW for anxiety :bangbang:

It had transpired all too quickly. Flickering lights grew near, shards of glass cascaded from the ceiling and everyone sheilded themselves, hands above their heads. “F-ck” she yelled, her distorted scream piercing through each shattered bulb. Her eyes were wide and she cleched her chest with each gasp for air. Flashbacks, memories, pain, all spun around in her frazzled mind. Unknowingly, words had been continuously spewing from her mouth, “Sh-t, sh-t, sh-t”.

Her blank stare dulled but an excruciating pain had plauged her chest. Admist the darkness, there was a scared little girl, and she was Halia.

"They’re gone. Not for long, though. You still have time to make it out of here.”

And there it was, a voice through the chaos. “Erek?” she called out in desperation. “Erek!” she reaches outwards to gain her bearings and follows the sound of his voice. Heart beating out of her chest, tears swelling up her eyes and shards of glass beneath her feet. A turn of the corner and there was a glimpse of light. Jamie stood at the corner and peered at Erek, the room filled with the faint smell of smoke. Immediately taking action, Halia came to Erek’s side. “Let me help you or - at least try to”. She wiped a tear from her cheek, but they wouldn’t stop falling.

The situation kept escalating and questions need answers . . . but Erek needs help

5 Likes

HAYDEN POWELL, THE MAN WITH THE CAM :camera_flash:

It all happened so fast, one moment Hayden was babbling about fishing hooks from the 70’s and then suddenly fwoosh! No lights! Crazy, right?

He blinked in the low lighting, leveling his camera like a weapon as he tried to make sense of things through the chaos. Hayden could faintly hear arguing coming from the supposed ‘conference room,’ and so by law of affiliation, he began to move closer to said arguing.

The sophomore yelped suddenly when he bumped into someone, nearly falling onto his butt. “Shoot, sorry! I can’t see a thing, are you okay?”

An idea crossed his mind, and he thumbed the trigger on the camera.

Flash!

The whole surrounding area filled with light, giving him a sense of direction.

“Haha! I’m a genius! Oh, right…” He reached over to help the girl up. “C’mon…something crazy is happening, I think. I’ll light the way.”

Flash!

“I’m Hayden, by the way. What’s your name?”

@Kristi lets goooo WOOO

6 Likes

Carmen Liu

She had trailed the mysterious boy every step, discreetly following him as he walked to God knows where, because wherever he was walking was definitely not the bathroom; they had passed it not so long ago. If Carmen was not an athlete with stamina, she would have gotten tired walking by now because Erik did not seem to stop walking; it seemed that wherever he was going was really far from the rest of the group. As they reached a particular door and he paused, Carmen expected to be relieved to be able to stop walking after having followed him for so long, but instead she was confused. Really confused.

Erik King had just vanished from thin air right in front of her.

She blinked in disbelief, wondering how he could have disappeared so strangely . Was it some kind of illusion or a trick of the mind? Determined, Carmen cautiously approached the door where Erik had vanished, expecting to vanish too or at least for something to happen.

Nothing did.

Nothing did because Carmen was not a ghost, but Erik King was definitely one. If Carmen was more prone to emotion, she would have shown what she was really feeling: fear and disbelief, but instead her face was bored and amused (two emotions she was not actually feeling). See, Carmen did not believe in mythical creatures; she did not believe in a lot of things because her childhood never gave her time to believe. It was a constant battle of trying to survive and prove to the Drew family that she was worthy enough to remain their daughter and that they should not ever throw her out (she knew they would dare not, but you could not blame her for having such fears after all, she was just, nvm, she should not dwell on the past right now). The point was that Carmen did not believe in a lot of things, but if there was one thing she believed now was that Erik King was not a human, Erik King was not normal. But how was she going to prove that without sounding crazy to everyone else and putting herself in the spotlight? Carmen was way to use to the dark, that she did not want to step into the sun.

She sighed, all that useless following and yet nothing will happen because Carmen would keep her mouth shut. At least Erik knows, well he does not actually, but he will know soon that his secret will be safe with Carmen, because all Carmen ever does is hide and compete. But no wonder Erik was acting so weird lately, he was probably having time controlling his ghostly powers or something or maybe he was a demon with guilt that he had sacrificed one of his classmates- by the way it has actually been long since Carmen saw Lu one of their classmates, last she heard from Lu has moved out of the country but then again from what it seems… maybe she got killed by Erik. Whatever it was that happened to her, Carmen knew one thing:

Stay away from Erik King and watch him from afar, so he could not hurt anyone and so she could save everybody from the shadows. She fill find a way to reveal it and keep everyone safe because at the end of the day, all she wants is to secure the safety of everyone.

Staring at the door once more, Carmen turned the other way and started to walk back to the group. As she walked to where her group would be in, the lights started going dark and she tried to make sense of where she was going and not to bump into anything. No, she did not bump into anything but instead she bumped into someone. The collision sent Carmen stumbling backward, nearly losing her balance.

The person she had bumped in, a young boy from the look of his voice had said some words she did not quite catch when suddenly she heard the sound of an old dusty camera flashing and then it was light everywhere.

Startled, Carmen looked up to see a disheveled stranger standing before her. It was a short, a really short, scruffy boy who could be no older than 14- maybe 15 if she gave him the benefit of the doubt but he was definitely not a junior nor a senior- because Carmen knew every junior and senior.

When the boy tried to help her stand up, Carmen declined standing up on her own- she did not like people touching her, nothing personal against the guy- she did not even know him anyways and she was way to grown to be arguing with a little kid after all. If she was right about his age, she would be 3-4 years older than the little boy, which for a teenager was a lot.

“I’m Hayden, by the way. What’s your name?”

He introduced after telling her he would lead the way. Carmen stood off and dusted herself, her skepticism wavering as she studied the boy’s curious demeanor. Was he a ghost too? Was he a reason for the light shut down? Carmen felt like the world was not playing a cruel joke on her and she did not like that.

“Are you a gho- I mean I’m Carmen.” She could not believe she slipped off with the ghost talk, “That camera flash was quite something. Are you with the (insert school name) ?” Carmen asked staring at the old camera in his hands.

@M0thpawz- Hayden

@phnx - Erik (mentioned)

6 Likes