Is anyone else into musicals/music from them?

Is anyone else here into musicals? Either the musical as a whole or the story of it or the music or even just a song from a musical! I’m personally into musical theatre and like seeing musicals/listening to songs from musicals. I use Spotify and they’ve made me six daily mix playlists and three of them consist of songs from musicals :joy:

You can also talk about movie musicals but this is mostly about live musicals!

I’m not sure if this is in the right topic, I was debating between music and film and tv but chose this since this topic isn’t really about films/tv shows (although they could be discussed if they’re like La La Land or Crazy Ex-Girlfriend which have songs in them, but I mostly mean traditional musicals that are performed live)

7 Likes

Bruh who isn’t? :joy:

1 Like

And you got it in the right category

1 Like

Seriously only uneducated swines have never seen a musical

1 Like

Lol my friends aren’t that into musicals

Like I guess two of them like some songs from some musicals but they’re not that into musicals in general

What musicals do you like?

1 Like

Oop- :joy:

1 Like

Mamma Mia is the best musical ever. Fight me :triumph:

1 Like

It’s true tho

1 Like

Lol I disagree

I’ve seen both of the mamma mia movies and I have seen the musical too at the city near me. Mamma Mia is good and I really like the music but I wouldn’t say it’s the best
It’s up there though (well actually idk lol), although if I were ranking the musicals I’ve seen, it would be more toward the bottom (maybe because the girl playing Sophie just annoyed me)
I think I like the movie more than the musical

1 Like

Sophie isn’t in Mamma Mia? That’s Mamma Mia two your thinking about. (I didn’t really like 2)

I mean the movie which is a musical

1 Like

I’ve been to quite a few musicals when I was younger, more like the family friendly ones like Tarzan and Lion King. Mainly with my grandma I’ve seen quite a few :eyes:

3 Likes

Lol she is though, she’s the main character

But oof, I didn’t really like the second one either (although my mom did lol)

Ohh ok
Although I still don’t know about it being the best movie musical lol

1 Like

No Donna is the main character

1 Like

Wait no I take it back. I forgot about the lion king

1 Like

I haven’t seen either of those although I almost saw the lion king when I was young but cried because I didn’t want to see it since I didn’t like the movie rip

Have you seen any recently?

2 Likes

Oh yeah lol, but still, she’s a big character in the movie/musical

1 Like

The most recent one is the Lion King for me, that’s already a few years ago now. I think somewhere between 2 and 3… It’s so expensive here to go to a musical

2 Likes

OMG I wanted to go see the Lion King in the playhouse in Edinburgh but it sells out so fast :pensive:

1 Like

Oh yeah, I don’t know where you’re from but it’s expensive here too to go to a musical rip
I live like an hour and a half to two hours from NYC so I have watched most musicals on broadway but I have watched some in the city close to me but they’re still expensive

There are lotteries that you can enter though, I’ve won a couple and gotten cheaper tickets
And if you go to nyc there is a ticket booth thing where you can get tickets to some musicals on the same day that they’re showing it and you get a pretty good deal although it it still expensive

2 Likes

Ohh, that is really cool tho, even if it is expensive I guess that it’s at Broadway makes it even more special! I’m from the Netherlands, idk, here we don’t have many musicals that aren’t focused on the kids. We have a few but usually those aren’t that good, so that’s another reason I haven’t seen one in a while since there hasn’t been any that interested me :thinking:

2 Likes