Ivy (Episode's New Mature App)

As you all know, Episode had recently released a (beta?) app for mature stories. There’s not many content on there obviously but, there has been come questionable screenshots of some of the dialogue I have seen for one of the stories, Under You, featured there. :nauseated_face: Anyway, I wanted to know how you all feel about this. Do you agree with this decision or do you think it’ll bring more harm than good to the community?

In my opinion, I don’t think this is a bad idea. People were upset over the guidelines changing and not being able to right their smut, now they have a chance to. And yet they’re complaining. :unamused:

6 Likes

Haven’t heard of the app before. Can’t even find it on the apple app store

1 Like

It’s not available for everyone yet.

Not sure how I feel about it without seeing it for myself

2 Likes

You can still discuss it. You don’t have to see it. Like, do you think this is good or bad idea/decision that Episode made?

I don’t really know. Some of the stories I read on episode were only just allowed by their guidelines at the time. So maybe it is a good thing.

1 Like

I think it was a good idea to create this app, considering the fact that there are so many mature stories, so it’s totally understandable although I think they should have done it a long time ago.

But on the other hand, I don’t think it will prevent young people from seeing mature contents.

I am not gonna install the app, so…

3 Likes

My main concern with this is the connection between the regular and mature app, how do you decide which story would fit where? It just doesn’t sound possible to me, and probably will only create a lot of unnecessary drama

6 Likes

All the episode featured stories should move there :neutral_face:

2 Likes

People will never be satisfied, man.

What I don’t understand is how are you gonna change the guidelines then… make a mature app?

4 Likes

Perhaps a slight exaggeration but still

2 Likes

If it’s a mature app, in all honesty I don’t see what the issue is. We can finally get around the big problem of bad examples of toxic sexual representation for younger teens being Episode’s major hurdle. Now it’s a mature app. So all we really need to do is critique the writing. Toxic representations of sexual encounters are going to be exposed to adults now, so like. What’s the issue. Don’t like mature content, don’t use the new app! Simple :man_shrugging:

This was a good idea, even though I think the better idea was just to allow less horrendous sexual representation while cracking down on the more toxic and unhealthy representations popular on the app, this is a better step than allowing unhealthy ideas being shown to impressionable teens.

Even though teens will still be the main users on the app. Because “”“mature”"" when used to mean sex and violence actually attracts more teens than adults :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the mature app. My only concern is that it seems to be only focusing on sex. Now, I don’t have a problem with sex in stories, but I don’t want that to be the only focus. Mature doesn’t only mean sex. I want there to be a variety but it doesn’t seem like there is so far.

whew the amount of times I’ve said sex lol.

7 Likes

Ivy hasn’t appeared in my App Store yet

2 Likes

Genuinely curious

Why is it called Ivy?

8 Likes

They haven’t answered that sadly. It’s a weird name for it.

5 Likes

It makes your nether regions itch

8 Likes

Goodness

5 Likes

Doesn’t it seem like they were trying to find a name, looked around and found some poison ivy?

6 Likes

Call it toothbrush :joy:

5 Likes