JK Rowling vs. transgenders

For those of you who don’t know (and those who do)
A few days ago, jk Rowling (aka the author of the Harry Potter series) went on a twitter rant and basically posted a bunch of anti-trans tweets, claiming that women are “people who menstruate” (aka biologically female).
Today Emma Watson and Rupert Grint (Hermione and Ron) commented about it, supporting trans people.

Article

Another article

What do you guys think about this whole story?

@Discussions

23 Likes

I believe Daniel Radcliffe (he played Harry) has also spoken out against it. I think what she said was awful. It’s kind of a double-edged sword because it insinuates that trans women/trans feminine people aren’t women and that trans men/trans masculine people (like myself) are.

That being said, I don’t think people should stop enjoying the Harry Potter franchise or any of her other literary works. This is a good instance to separate the creation from the creator.

18 Likes

Yeah this was ridiculous, I mean woman
I always thought Harry Potter was overrated and now I have a valid reason not to like the author lmao

What she said was really invalidating to many trans and non-binary people and so hurtful to many of them. Also, not all women, even so-called “biological” women menstruate. Whether or not you get your period doesn’t make you any less of a woman.
And really dude during pride month like stop

12 Likes

This is a good point. Not all cis women menstruate. (Not to mention, every woman stops menstruating after a certain age)

10 Likes

Yess like jk is over 50, sooo her period is probably going to stop or already has stopped soon… so she’s now less of a woman than when she had her period?

8 Likes

I don’t think she sees the flaws in her own logic.

6 Likes

bruh we’ve always known she was a lil bih
you can see it thru the very flavorful characters in parry hotter

if you dont support trans ppl stfu about it if you dont have something nice to say DONT FRACKING SAY IT

i think its good that her little minions stood up to her
music to my ears
hot men to my eyes

shes cancelled
this isnt a past thing so its aight cos she still politically incorrect

8 Likes

apparently not man smh

lol the whole menstruate thing confused me 'cause I kept reading it as masturbate just with men but anywaY :sunglasses:

6 Likes

SEPARATING THE ART FROM THE ARTIST IS STILL MAKING THEM MONEY PEOPLE

8 Likes

oof

4 Likes

I’m just gonna say that I hate what she said, but I’m not exactly gonna go and burn my Harry Potter CD’s- but I’m not gonna be trying to support her or anything by buying official merch. Let’s just pretend Emma Watson wrote Harry Potter…

7 Likes

Lol. I’ve seen this done with each one of the actor’s names.

7 Likes

To be honest, I could careless about J.K. Rowling in general. I’m not happy she made those comments either. Though what she said does not tarnish the series for me. I understand most who do take offense to what she said which it did tarnish the series for them which I find upsetting since the series has such a huge following. I have the same look on books as I do movies. I care for the characters, the story plot and setting of the book. I do not have an interest in anything else outside of the book or movie.

8 Likes

That’s awful! I can’t believe someone would say something like this :broken_heart::banana::sparkles:

4 Likes

Very true! My sister, who is cis-female, has PCOS, so she rarely, if ever, gets her period. I suppose she’s a man now? :thinking::banana::sparkles:

7 Likes

wow what a problematic qwwurn :star_struck: jk i dont support anything shes done

its utterly ridiculous! this shouldnt be happening. like just because everyone luVs yOu and yoUr overrated book hArrY pOttEr dont mean sht.

they will take things you said and throw it against you. ion care WHAT youve gone through that made you hate trans women, but trans women are women.

we been knew. TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN GOD DAMN IT.

i doesnt matter if the menstruate or not THEY A RE WOMEN !!

9 Likes

Who gives a damn about menustration? Why does she care about that? We been knew she was a TERF, so I’m just gonna act like Michael Jackson wrote the books… cancel the transphobes.

7 Likes

Don’t get me started about him smh

5 Likes

the allegations were proven false… just look it up. There’s a lot of flaws in the men’s stories and body language

4 Likes

I don’t have an opinion on the separate HP from JK Rowling, art v artist stuff because I’ve never actually read the HP books or watched a lot of the films and you can’t boycott something you never supported. If someone wants to support HP and not Rowling I get it because again, never read the books.

But as for J.K Rowling, she is transphobic and her feminism doesn’t include trans-women. Not all cis women menstruate, so “people who menstruate” was a fine term to begin with and the fact she immediately went to trans-women shows her telling on herself in terms of her bigotry. Trans women are getting killed because of rhetoric like this and now recently trans healthcare protections are getting taken away because of people like her.

8 Likes