La Tomatina (Spain's tomato war)

Unfortunately, it was cancelled this year due to the recent second-wind of the Covid-19 sweeping though Spain. So I thought it best to bring it to forums and make sure it is still talked about, @Discussions!

La Tomatina

La Tomatina is a festival that is held in the Valencian town of Buñol, in the East of Spain 30 kilometres (19 miles) from the Mediterranean, in which participants throw tomatoes and get involved in a tomato fight purely for entertainment purposes. Since 1945 it has been held on the last Wednesday of August, during a week of festivities in Buñol.

Have you ever wanted to get involved in this?
What do you think it’d be like?

4 Likes

I have been a part of it 5 years ago. It was very fun a long trek you get covered in tomatoes even if your not near the front of the group. The locals hosed us down after it was all finished. It was a great experience. I would love to do it again

3 Likes

OMG! Really? That’s amazing. Anything else you can share about the experience?

1 Like

It seems really fun, I’d like to be apart if it one day

1 Like

I live in Spain and I went there a few times, and it’s an amazing experience! If you go there make sure you’re wearing clothes that you don’t mind getting rid of after, cause they will get super dirty. I recommend it 100%!

2 Likes

Omg bucket list

2 Likes

WICKED.
So how’s morale there after it was cancelled?

1 Like

Pretty sad but I think people are more focused in Messi leaving Barça rn :joy::joy:

1 Like

Uh… umm… a what? What’s that?

1 Like

Leo Messi is a famous football player (probably the most famous) and he has been playing in Barça (Barcelona’s Football team) for 20 years. A few days ago he announced that he was leaving and people are pretty shocked about that cause he’s been a huge part in football in my country.

1 Like

Ooooh… that why I don’t know. Whoops. Yeah, I can see why people are pretty upset about that.

1 Like

Definitely. I had to throw away everything down to underwear.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious.

1 Like

SO MUCH TOMATO WASTAGE

1 Like

Mmmm… tomatoes

1 Like

you could’ve made so much puree-

Still can

1 Like

but they all just-
i can’t-