Let’s talk military!

I know the military in general is a bit of a controversial topic, and the Israeli army especially, with all the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

But as someone who is currently serving in the IDF, it was kind of something I found important to talk about, considering how it’s a very intense and controversial topic which I find interesting is to know people’s opinions.

I’m not at all a patriot at all (I even intend to move ASAP), and I’m not coming to defend my country or anything of sort, I think both sides are wrong in this situation and that there practically isn’t a solution.

But in the world news we’re most of the time shown as “the bad guys” that send evil soldiers to torture Palestinian kids in the streets for no reason.

I’m not saying that never happened, it might have, I don’t know, there are some sick people in the world, but there are two sides to every story and many times the news don’t show how the Israeli side suffered damage too.

Obviously I’m a bit lenient to the Israeli side of the story, but I personally don’t think neither of them are right and that if they could live in peace it would solve everything.

Here unlike the US or places of sort, serving in the military is mandatory for (almost) everyone after finishing high school, two years for girls, and three years for guys, and combat soldiers either girls or guys.

As someone who is in the military at the moment, I wanted to discuss people’s opinion on military in general, or a specific army or war or whatever comes to your mind,

• What’s your opinion on mandatory military service?
  • What’s your opinion on the Israeli-Palastinian conflict?
  • What’s your opinion on military in general?

Please try to keep it a civil discussion, don’t get to carried away.

Respect people and their opinions :pray:t5:

@Discussions

12 Likes

Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell

2 Likes

But I wanna know :eyes:

No, it’s an LGBTQ bill

1 Like

I’m lgbtq

Are you, or not?

1 Like

I am

That’s great!

1 Like

I’m on the fence about it. One the one side, it makes sure that all citizens would be in some way prepared should a conflict arise. On the other, it’s forcing someone to devote years of their life to this training which they could have spent preparing themself for their desired career path.

I don’t really have one, in that I don’t know enough about it to generate one.

I’m impartial about the military. Most of my dad’s family either was or still is in the military. My brother is also an air cadet.

2 Likes

That act was repealed in 2011.

however, the whole trans ban thing pissed me off

2 Likes

See . . .

I was in the U.S Air Force auxiliary because my parents pressured me to join. They aren’t as militarized as the actual Air Force but they were militarized to point where they received orders to tone down the militarism. I’m not cut out to be in the military hence why I hated being in it and I continued to push it aside despite what it did to my mental health for almost a year. I have no interest in going into the military other than getting a chance to fly fighter jets, the rest of it I’m not interested. I met a relative at a party and they told me I shouldn’t have quit and continue because it’ll look good on my resume. I agreed mostly but I’m an honor student, NHS will be more beneficial to me than that. My parents, of course, laughed at me when I said I didn’t like being in the Air Force Auxiliary, it’s just not for me. They continued to force me to go for 2 months until they gave in.I wouldn’t like being forced to join the military, some of us humans aren’t made for it, therefore it shouldn’t be mandatory. Being in the U.S Air Force Auxiliary messed me up a lot, imagine if I forced to join the actual Air Force. That’s a no from me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I forgot it was repealed. I have several Trans friends and it saddens me.

3 Likes

Wait, how old are you?!

3 Likes

14 next few weeks.

2 Likes

I’m Canadian, so obviously it doesn’t directly affect me, but honestly. Why would you prevent someone from serving their country.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree

2 Likes

You can join at age 13, I was 12 when I first started to go.

1 Like

You’re 13 ?!?! :scream::scream::scream::fearful:

2 Likes

Yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

brain stalls I’m nineteen!

3 Likes