Let's Complain About... Parents!

Most of us have them and love them, but damn, they can do some annoying or downright embarrassing things – especially when you’re a teenager! Use this place to vent a little about your parents :wink:

21 Likes

Please do :eyes:

1 Like

My mum thinks I’m lazy if I’m not helping her :woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

I don’t really like pictures, and I don’t like them posted or whatever.

There’s a teacher who wants us to post some pictures of ourselves and our family together, and I didn’t do it until yesterday. My mum thinks I’m ashamed of it but in my mind I was like, ‘Hell no, what are you even thinking about?! Why should I be ashamed?’. That wasn’t even close to why I didn’t want to do the assignment.

I wonder what my mum really thinks of me.

4 Likes

My father always expects way to much from me… Like hello? I am lazy over here.

3 Likes

Added some tags :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

3 Likes

sick of my dad’s behavior that causes arguments between my parents

mom isn’t easy to get along with and i can’t talk to her as well as id like to

and more

3 Likes

My parents always argue due to my mom doesn’t have love for my dad so it may end as a divorce. Sometimes my mom will say clean the room but unfortunately I never do it unless dress my teddy bear :teddy_bear:.

1 Like

Can’t relate, love my parents :joy:

In all seriousness, they do get on my nerves sometimes. The last thing I remember that I was really annoyed by was my dad telling me that the piano annoyed him so I need to stop, so why did you put it in the living room then? Lmao. Though I do have certain times I can practice, which is nice.

1 Like

The excuses my mum uses in arguments I-:skull:

“ iT’s cOs oF tHaT dAmN pHoNe iSnT iT?”
“YoU’rE tOo YoUnG tO uNdErStAnD”
“yOu dOnT gO tO wOrK”
JAHDIS
Okay okay so i don’t have to get a job and stuff BUT IF I WAS LEGALLY ALLOWED TO I’D BE HAPPILY WORKING JUST TO STAY AWAY FROM YOU YOU RADISH-

And the final one. The one that literally beats any argument you could think of.

“ wHeN i WaS yOuR aGe”
Bruh when you were my age dinosaurs lived in your backyard hHHhhhh

10 Likes

Yo. These are my mum’s go-to lines. When she sees I’m winning an argument that I make sure doesn’t sound like an argument she just uses these and I find it hard to not roll my eyes.

I love my parents but they expect too much from me. Like there’s this ten year old kid who got job offers from a bunch od data scientist and my dad was like “WhY cAn’T tHaT bE yOu?” Have I ever told you I wanted to have a job in ICT???

My mum calls me lazy but she just defined lazy on a whole another level. Like I was about to go down the stairs and she called me to her room to put on her AC but the switch was like at arm’s length.

4 Likes

This argument is stupid.

My mom does that too! "I have lived this much longer than you, so I would know better.*

When I don’t agree with my mom, she always says: “I thought you were smarter than that.”, “I raised you better.”

And I always get: “You used to be so much happier and caring.”

My mom also likes to put diagnoses on people and she’s not qualified to do that. I can’t even count how many times she has claimed that someone has ADHD. That’s just super rude.

My dad is honestly a bit depressed hehe. I don’t live with him so I guess he gets lonely.

I used to always start an argument when she commented like that but I’ve given up. I got better things to do.

I like my family, but I’m way closer with my friends.

3 Likes

My mum doesn’t get when I’m joking :unamused:

2 Likes

Oof my mum used to say ‘treat people how you want them to treat you’. She’s unreasonable at times so does that mean I get to be unreasonable too?? owo too bad I don’t know how to

2 Likes

Oh, mom does that to all the freaking time. :woman_facepalming:t2:

I’ve lost hope. Spending as little time as possible with her lol. (And yes, I sounds evil, I know.)

2 Likes

Yeet

I think I’m more happier when she’s not at home

3 Likes

Hahaha same. I don’t hate my mom. We just get on each other’s nerves. It’s probably best for both of us to not constantly be around each other. Then again… She wants to spend time with me all the time and I just… don’t want that? So she thinks I’m super negative and submissive lol which is somewhat true.

I’ll hopefully move out next year though. I’m super excited for that. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Yeet
I feel like I could say something to this but I’m too lazy rip

Congratsss :partying_face:

2 Likes

You don’t have to say anything :laughing:

Oh, I sound so evil with a heart made of stone lol.

2 Likes

Nahhh I’m also waiting for the day I move out uwu

2 Likes