Let's talk about it! - Omegaverse

Does anyone here know about Omegaveres and is passion enough about it to talk with me cause I love it and would like to talk about how it varies from story to story. :smiley: @Writers

If you don’t know what an omegaverse is, would you like me to explain it?

1 Like

Oh i have indeed read a few Mangas about Omegaverse

1 Like

I think it’s pretty intriguing

1 Like

I just read a manga called kiss me, liar. While I wouldn’t recommend it cause I personally hated the Li and the very toxic nature of the story. I loved how they took on the omega verse setting and used pheremones as more than just identifiers, they have pros and cons for alphas and omegas health wise and could even had the potential to be used for mental health treatment. I also like how instead of alphas being the one that are able to mark multiple omegas, omegas were the one that were able to bind alphas to them.

1 Like

YEAH THIS IS ONE OOOF

1 Like

Til the very last chapter Keith Pittman was nothing but a prick in the backside and an arrogant @ssh0le!
Imo, the bodyguard (I think his name was Justin or something) or the firefighter Dane would have been a faaaar better choice

1 Like

Yes, please?

2 Likes

Yes PLZ, I fell in love with dane as soon as I saw this man had a cat, but him just doing the bare minimum that not even the Li would do had me rotating for him till the end.

1 Like

Sure thing, let me go grab my laptop.

2 Likes

while I very much agree with this, I realized as I thought over how his parents behave and how the mom literally runs away just to be hunted down by the father cause they wanted the attention?, I believe in a later chapter it was expressed that way, would have been a horrible influence on what love is/ how to properly show or express love. For his parents it was nothing but a constant chase that was probably never properly explained to him as a child.

1 Like

Still that doesn’t justify his way of hurting Yeonwoo in a physical or verbal way.

The moment he totally overlooked or took lightly the fact that Yeonwoo was r*ped by those alphas, made me immediately loathe him with a passion.

1 Like

Oh yes 100%, I’m not saying in any way that this excuses his actions or words at all towards yeonwoo. He’s a grown man for heaven’s sake, you’d think he’d learn some type of human decency outside of his home.

What I was stating was just more towards how his backstory somewhat aligned with his twisted view on love.

Like the part where yeonwoo was absolutely done with him, but Keith just thought it was a temporary thing, a chase if you will, that yeonwoo would come running back to him with open arms and saw nothing wrong with his actions or that mentality.

1 Like

Okay so Omegaverse is an AU alternate universe Where, in most cases, a phenomenon happens that changed human dna/people evolved with an extra piece of dna that gave them a secondary gender. Well known as Alpha, Beta and Omega, along with sub categories of dominant and recessive, Alphas and omegas are less common compared to betas, the sub categories being even rarer. This phenomenon presents itself in the way of pheromones, a scent in simpler terms, only Alphas and omegas have this/can smell it. Betas are usually just normal people.

Pheromones in most stories are used as an identifier, kinda like a finger print, each smell is unique and have 2 main functions. For alphas it’s typically used to assert dominance , and for omegas while not limited to them it’s used to arose people, in some cases sway emotions. When someone is over powered by certain pheromones it’ll instill either great fear/submission in a person or the need to procreate.

In some stories people are just born this way, most times determined by family genes, or they are betas till puberty hits.

Alphas for the most part take on the dominant role, they are the leaders, athletes, celebrities, etc. there are however stories that play on this aspect and switch the roles completely, making them nothing more then instinct/sex driven slaves for reproduction and entertainment purposes. No matter their sex male or female, an alpha is able to impregnate anyone excluding betas and have a high fertility, especially around their rut a time of the month where their sex drive is high and their pheromones are ridiculously strong, in some cases they lose reasoning and seek out omegas to impregnate
Dominant alphas, are basically just ‘elites’ in every aspect and Recessive alphas are closer to betas, having weaker pheromones and irregular ruts, if any at all. and sometimes seen as inferior.

Omegas for the most part take on the submissive role, in a lot of stories societies view them as one of 3 things or all of these things 1. corporal burdens, they do not wish to even think about wasting medical studies on to provide medicine to help with things like their pheromones and heats i’ll explain that later 2. stay at home moms, their job is in the kitchen cooking and making children for their alphas or 3. sex objects, they have no bodily rights and are just there to make an alpha’s night better, weather they actually want that or not. this aspect is of course played with in a lot of stories, where sometimes they are set as equal if not above alphas, or use their body to reach the top. No matter their sex male or female omegas can get pregnant, and have high fertility. Especially during their heat that comes every months,lasting 2-4 days, where their instinct to reproduce are heighten and they lose reasoning, desiring any alpha that would impregnate them.
Dominant omegas are the peak omega, in beauty, brains and pheromones which they can sometimes use to persuade alphas, or even betas emotions as the pheromones are strong enough that even a beta can smell it and recessive omegas are closer to betas, having weak pheromones and irregular heat cycles. and depending on bodily autonomy have lesser chance of birthing children

Lastly is bonding/marking In most stories there is a spot on the nap of the neck where pheromones are secreted the most, that’s a sensitive spot that when a alpha bites as typically they are the only ones that can bond multiple omegas to them, but omegas can only have one alpha on the spot, hard enough to draw blood, some chemical magic happens and the omega is now bonded to the alpha. In some stories their pheromones will merge, creating a unique scent that says they belong to each other, usual if the bond is mutual. Or in some stories it’s just this permanent scar on the neck, but in every case the receiver of that mark is unable to have sex with or even reproduce with anyone but the person they are bond to.

There’s also a cute lil magical phenomenon called fated mates/pair where an alpha and omega are just “Destined” to be together, some explain through science “their phenomenons match up perfectly with the other, linking them together” , others use things like the red string of fate, either way I find it very cute, it’s usually terribly rare case in any story it’s used in.

1 Like

AndI I can’t help but blame Yeonwoo a bit on that part too. Keith being the child’s biological father, doesn’t mean that Yeonwoo have to get back to that toxic piece of rubbish. He could have stayed fixed on his decision and be done with him for good

1 Like

YES, I WAS LIVID WHEN HE WENT BACK, WILLINGLY.

I would have left that man to his insanity and started a whole family with Dane, a 100% better option was sitting beside him with the most precious cat you could have ever seen and he went back to the toxic one, “in the name of LoVe”. It was giving strong brainwashed vibes.

1 Like

That’s not love. That’s infatuation and stupidity.

I swear I’d have thrown my phone away if Keith acted like a prick in the last chapter too

1 Like

I can truly say with my whole chest that if Keith had never been marked, he would have never changed. He changed because he had no choice but to change if he wanted the goods, or idk maybe to see his child as well.

1 Like

Totally agreed.
Yeonwoo simply chose Keith because he was infatuated with him, probably brainwashed, and convinced that Keith has no other choice and probably because of his wealth too.
Moreover, it’s toxic, hella toxic

1 Like

Very much infatuated, when Keith started sleeping with him, I just knew it was gonna go down hill fast, it was very obvious he was wanted for just his body, you’d think he would of picked up on that from how he’s had to deal with all of Keith’s previous partners. But he truly stayed naive and in his own little bubble, even when he confessed his love to Keith and the man said absolutely nothing, he avoided the topic like a pro, hit them with a kiss and he’ll never say anything about it again. It wasn’t even surprising when Keith got caught sleeping with another person after Yeonwoo just got better after being ill.

I also find it…unnerving, how Keith was so 180, from ew, men? disgusting to I’d tap that anyway day, but only you of course like, huh?

1 Like

I’m sure Keith taps everybody behind Yeonwoo’s back, the creator just didn’t wanna show that :laughing:

1 Like