Let's talk about...transitioning racial identities?

Okay. People who transition races. They aren’t transgender… they are… trans-racial?

For people with lighter skin color looking to be black, they will get a chemical tan in their skin as well as their hair done as “black” as they feel.

Now, this has been starting to occur more recently over the years, but I don’t see much people talking about it.

Take this woman for example:

She is written about as well as other “trans-racial” people in this article here:

Now this is honestly just the epitome of stupid. These people are really sh!tty for this. White people already have taken so much away from black culture, now they’re takin their own skin color, their own beautiful and unique features and claiming them as their own? What the f!ck? This makes me lose brain cells trying to think of ONE good reason on why someone would ever do this??

What about you guys @Discussions ? What do you think about this? How do you feel? Is this right?

7 Likes

Wtf no

1 Like

And they compare it to being transgender? No.

1 Like

I don’t have an opinion on this, but I’m interested to know why you both think it’s different ? I don’t find the reasons in the article very convincing (except maybe the first one, but even that one is still easily arguable).

2 Likes

I think it’s wrong to try and identify as a race that you’re actually not.

1 Like

this isn’t okay

1 Like

NO

1 Like

No

1 Like

Yeah no… this is just wrong.

1 Like

This is… racist?

1 Like

I mean, it’s really a purely cultural issue. Race isn’t something mental like gender is, so you can claim that there is no way to be transracial, yet saying that also assumes race doesn’t exist, which means there should be no problem with people trying to have ‘black’ features because race doesn’t really ‘exist’ in the first place. So it’s really up to the individual as to how they see it. Personally, I think she’s stupid, but like, you do you, boo.

4 Likes

It’s simply blackface. And blackface is coherently racist.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s really not trying to mock anybody, it’s more a girl that’s trying to be qUiRkAy and failing miserably.

2 Likes

Blackface isn’t always the person trying to mock black people

1 Like

What’s your definition of blackface?

1 Like

Blackface is a term which is used to describe a form of theatrical make-up which is predominantly used by non-black performers in order to represent a caricature of a black person. Wikipedia

Whether it’s to claim the representation as their own identity, or to mock them, it’s blackface.

1 Like

This reminds me of woahvicky :grinning: no- just no- pls no

yes :grinning:

1 Like

No just no… Why do white people want to be black so badly? But when is time to actually be black they will run away.

1 Like

Yeah but why ? Do you think the same thing about Michael Jackson going from black to white ?