MAFIA: Masque of the Red Death

A vain young Prince rules over an impoverished kingdom. As his people wallow in their poverty outside the palace walls, the Prince throws lavish balls for the richest, most beautiful, and most influencial in the world. So obsessed with parties is the Prince that he has eight separate ballrooms filled with luxurious furniture for his guests to dance in: One with walls and decor of all Blue, one Purple, one Green, one Orange, one White, one Violet, and, abandonned for years, One room all of Black, where an ancient clock chimes in deep, rumbling tones.

As the Prince throws his most expensive party yet, a masquerade ball with 15 powerful guests, his subjects outside are dying from a plague called the Red Death. The disease can spread in seconds, and the infect can show symptoms and die in less than hours if their infection if severe enough. The Prince does not care, and continues to waste the Kingdom’s money on his balls.

No more.

Three lepers, each infected with the Red Death, have snuck inside the Royal Palace in masks, blending in perfectly with the other guests at the Prince’s masquerade. Their goal: to infect every rich guest, including the Prince, and them all suffer as much as they have. The one thing that puts a wrench in their plans: Every guest is identified only by the color or shape of their mask. Will the Prince and his court be able to find the intruders before every guest has died? Or will the Red Death come for them all?

The guests will take the party to a different ballroom on every RP hour (exactly 24 hours irl time). When the party switches, those who have been infected will die, any of the Lepers who have been caught will be thrown out of the party, and guests will vote on who they think may be one of the hidden Lepers.

Roles:

Prince: The Prince has the ability to investigate a guest of his choice every hour before the rooms switch and find out their allignment: Positive (On the Prince’s side) , Negative (a Leper), or Neutral (Party guests without specific roles). Then, if he wants to, he can publically have them removed from the ball by the guards. His goal is to remove all the sick from the party.

Royal Advisor: Skilled in medicine and healing, the Prince’s most trusted advisor must keep him safe at all costs. If the Prince is infected by one of the Sick, the Royal Advisor can choose to heal him or not. If they do choose the heal the Prince, they will catch the Red Death from him in the process, and die during the next switching of rooms. If they choose not to, the Prince will die, and the Advisor will be exceuted for treason during the next switching of the rooms. Their goal is to keep the Prince safe.

Lepers: There will be three Lepers who have infiltrated the ball in Red Masks, and two of them will play this role. Before the party switches rooms, these Lepers must infect and kill 1-3 guests (depending on the circumstances). Their goal is to kill the Prince and/or all the other Neutral or Good characters without getting caught.

Betrayer: The thrid Leper who’s infection is less severe than the other two Lepers. Does not have the ability to infect and kill guests. The Betrayer can choose to expose one of the other negative characters to the Prince, and if they do, they will be given medical treatment and cured of their illness, becoming a normal civilian. However, if they do expose one of their allies, their name will be revealed to one of the remaining negative roles, making revenge an option. Their goal is to survive, by any means nessacary.

Cardinal: A man/woman of the cloth who has more medical expierience than the advisor. He/She can heal others besides the Prince and not have to worry without being infected. However, unlike the Advisor, he/she won’t know if the one they’re healing is actually infected or not. Their goal is to win with the rest of the Neutral and Positive roles.

10 Neutral Party Guests: The rich and elite of the kingdom. Their goal is to survive.

This game is run by me and @Danielle318. PM us with any questions. If you want to play, then reserve a spot in the next availible round and choose something to be known by, either the color or shape of the mask your character will be wearing. Before your round starts, @Danielle318 or I will pm you and let you know your role.

Availible spots:

Round 1:

1. White Diamonds (@Danielle318)
  2. Widow (@LoneWolf)
  3. Square (@AnnSza)
  4. Golden Eyes (@Oofalumpa)
  5. Alexandrite (@Lynai)
  6. Motorbike (@Squishy)
  7. Turquoise (@Mage158)
  8. Blue (@Annasilveroriginal)
  9. Duck (@Duckling)
  10. Black Cat (@passionfruit)
  11. Black and White (@Littlefeets)
  12. Blue Eyes (@phnx)
  13. Butterfly (@SkyWalker)
  14. Gold (@Secretz)

Tags: (People who said they were interested or have reserved a spot)

@Danielle318
@LoneWolf
@Lynai
@AnnSza
@Squishy
@Oofalumpa
@Mage158
@Annasilveroriginal
@passionfruit
@Littlefeets
@phnx
@SkyWalker
@Secretz

12 Likes

Take me in! @GlitterFist

2 Likes

Haha, I figured. What do you want your name to be?

1 Like

Maily Kai

1 Like

It’s fair! I’m going to be playing too. :wink: In the next round, though, since I’ll know all the roles.

1 Like

Not to be pushy or anything…

1 Like

that’s seem interesting, i’m in, but lemme finish reading all of the stuff-

3 Likes

Lol sorry, Maybe I made this post too long…

1 Like

Sorry! I am blind!

NAME: Maily Kai
KNOWN BY: I am know because I have a birthmark on my elbow, but you have to look closely- oh, you mean like buissness, oh, I am a known buissness woman that is very very rich.

COLOR/SHAPE OF MASK: Purple with white diamonds, like a sideways figure 8.

1 Like

So I’ll put you down as White Diamonds, then. Though I do appreciate the detailed backstory. :wink:

1 Like

I’ll join! I gotta finish reading the description tho.

2 Likes

done!
wow that was long…

2 Likes

Aaah! Sorry that it’s so long! :sweat: Do I need to shorten it?

3 Likes

Oo i’ll join

3 Likes

I’ll be taken into the dark side, sure.

3 Likes

No, it’s fine!

1 Like

Lol, sure! What do you want to be known as in the game? Remember it’s the shape or color of your mask.

Oh, thank goodness.

4 Likes

Of course! :heart:

No.

2 Likes

Hola! I’m Deck
You should know me by my blue notebook… how can you not? :woozy_face: I eat my friends …with my friends* and yeah…
Mask: uhm… brown, with white dots, in the shape of a perfect square

4 Likes

Welcome to the party, Square! (And by that I mean the shape of your mask, not the commonly used insult :wink:)

2 Likes