Metal Elitist Rant

Since I have made a rant about metalheads (talking about the irrational ones), I thought about making a thread about this since there’s these metal elitists out there that really take the Mickey just because of people’s taste in music.

For example, when you say that you like listening to both metal and rap, they say nonsense like, “True metalheads only listen to metal” and other nonsense like, “An apple is like metal, no one likes the core” and so on.

It’s just irritating that metal elitists exists and they only do this to be edgy.

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

its called gate keepining and it suck.

I listen to metal. I also listen to pop and classick. I just like music

I once tried. I was out in public waerining a T-shirt for a death metal band there is pretty populare in my country. and some guy tried to talk to me about them. and asked what my favorite death metal band was. and I said I dont really like death metal. and he beging with the you are a fake fan

My cousin is in the band. he is the bass player. that is why I buy their stuff to support the band.

3 Likes

Music=music
People need to stop making such a big deal about it. That’s all that I have to say

3 Likes

My thoughts are pretty much the same as yours. Tbh in school and from others I got enough people taking the mick out of the music I like I don’t need so called “true metalheads” telling me that the music I listen to isn’t true metal and calling me a poser or whatever. I like the music I like and it’s not good to dedicate your life to one genre of music because you miss out on alot of good music by doing that. Just because they don’t like it doesn’t mean that people who do have bad music taste or whatever. They should get over themselves.

The bring me the horizon song “heavy metal” kinda sums up the way metalheads treat the subgenres “cause some kid on the gram said he used to be a fan but this s**ts not heavy metal”

4 Likes

Exactly.

They annoy the hell out of me these elitists. They claim to be adults when they’re acting like kids saying stupid things like, “Real metalheads have long hair and beard” which is total nonsense. They can be pretty homophobic as well when they see emo/scene guys with that hairstyle and they automatically label them as “f****t”.

Oh I forgot that they can be sexist too! Like when they see women that like metal, they either ostracise them or say stupid things like, “Real metal chicks flash their boobs” which is totally stupid.

1 Like

They can be extremely rude tbh. I know people who are fans of other genres who are actually nicer then those metal elitists. For example alot of my friends are Kpop fans but they don’t critisize me for listening to metal just like they don’t critisize other Kpop fans for mainly listening to BTS.

There are also some “metalheads” that are downright sexist. I was watching videos of Kellin Quinn the singer from a band called sleeping with sirens, a “metalhead” came up to him and said “oh do you not like girls and watching them make out and stuff” then Kellin goes “no I find that disrespectful” I know who I would rather listen to.

1 Like

True that.
I remember when I was in college, there were girls that were into hip hop & rnb, they downright ostracised me just because I listened to metal. I tried to be nice to them but they were saying that I’m less of a human for liking metal. So rude!! Same at university as well.

Some K-pop fans are absolutely insane. When you say that K-pop isn’t your thing, they instantly go mad! Not to mention they get racist as well saying that a certain race shouldn’t listen to K-pop. That’s like telling Asian people to not listen to English music. :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2:

I’ve heard of Sleeping With Sirens, they’re alright. But holy mackerel for real? Jeez, I swear metalhead elitists are so rude! They all think they have that macho man mentality with their immaturity.

2 Likes

Here’s a video I recommend watching, this is a very good insight of what metal elitists are like:

1 Like

That was actually a very good video and I 100% agree with him. People with a false sense of superiority will kill the genre if they keep attacking people who listen to subgenres that they don’t like. Alot of people I know including myself got into metal because we found something we enjoyed in a world where we didn’t quite know where we fit, only to be shunned by the community. Metal elitists need to understand they don’t own the genre, they do not get to dictate who does and who doesn’t listen to metal based music. Nobody decides that except for the people who choose to listen to what they want. Honestly I take my hat off for every kid who kept listening to the music they like regardless of what these people say.

1 Like

Preach it sista!!

Metal is metal.

1 Like

Gosh it still frustrates me to see the word “poser” being thrown around at people who listen to the more melodic metal genres 🤦

1 Like

A poser is a person who pretends to be something they’re not to impress others. I don’t listen to music to “impress people” I listen to it because I enjoy it and the same can be said for many of the fans of the bands that are shunned by the metal elitists.

1 Like

I hate that word too. No one is fake for liking a band.

What annoys me when someone knows only ONE song by a band yet claim to love the band.

1 Like

You see these bimbos wearing band merch like AC/DC or Misfits and have no clue who they are.

1 Like

Yikes!! They sound idiotic.

1 Like

They really are but the worst part is the way they look down on me and my friends as though they are above us.

1 Like

I know how you feel.

I forgot to mention, you sound like the younger version of me.

1 Like

I tend not to get offended by it personally but I can understand it.

Should I own Iron Maiden merch since I own their whole discography and it’s one of the best bands of all time

1 Like

Yeah. Big agree

1 Like

@BrutallyBritish check out these anti elitist memes :joy:

Summary

thumb_the-im-so-metal-and-hate-on-everyone-who-listens-23998505
tumblr_niwmgl7li31thdy8lo1_500
Cb17g-JUsAAAvEa

Cb17g-JUsAAAvEa

yKRWXKI

2 Likes