Monster High and Ever After High thread!

Anybody who grew up in the amazing era for dolls that was the 2010s can tell you about these two incredible franchises. Monster High and Ever After High were different than the Barbies and Bratz that came before them; Of course they had the stellar outfits, but they also created rich and multi-layered worlds, lovable characters, and huge fan bases that a female-focused toy line never really had before. If you don’t know about these franchises, here’s a quick synopsis of each one:

Monster High

This series focused around a high school where children of monsters from all around the world could hide away from the cruel human world. These dolls were known for the beautiful details in their hand-sculpted bodies, sharp makeup, incredible hair and (literally) fierce fashion. The movies, books and show that came with this series tackled subjects like racism, interracial romance, mental health, police brutality, and more with grace and made these subjects easy for kids to understand. The characters in this series were legendary; From the incredible main six ghouls to their family and other friends.

Ever After High

This series was about a high school where the children of fairytale characters learned to follow their Destinies and walk in their parents’ footsteps; If they didn’t, they and their fairytales would disappear forever. On one side, you have Apple White (Daughter of Snow White) and her Royals, who believe that everyone should follow their Destinies and keep their stories safe, even if that means they don’t get a happy ending. On the other side you have Raven Queen (Daughter of the Evil Queen) and her Rebels, who believe that people should be free to create their own Destinies even if that puts their stories at risk. Just like Monster High, the dolls were beautifully detailed, the characters were loveable, and the fashion was the definition of chic.

I’m sure you can see why these series took off and had such dedicated fans. It was even implied that the two series shared a universe, although we never got to see a crossover, sadly.

What do you guys think about these series?
If you’re a fan of either of them, what are your favorite characters?
Which line from either series do you think was the best?
Can we all agree that both Raven and Apple are equally selfish?

Tell me your thoughts!

4 Likes

I wasn’t super into Ever After High, but I loved Monster High! Clawdeen was my favourite and I even dressed up as her for Halloween one year.

1 Like

Added tags! Ahhhh, yes. I have Draculaura and Deuce somewhere.

1 Like

Clawdeen was definitely the best of the main girls. Cleo was one of my favorites too, though, just for the sass~

2 Likes

recommended video

1 Like

I’m 99% sure Clawdeen was my gay awakening.

I still have all of my dolls (I refuse to get rid of them)

1 Like

I think that Monster High had better fashion than EAH did, although I did like the spring dolls.

2 Likes

Ugh, the reboot.
“ThE mOnStEr DoLlS aRe ScArY”
No way, really?! Who would have thunked it?

Honestly, it’s really sad how much Mattel has screwed over their big original brands. Sure, Barbie’s still sitting pretty, but all the brands with good messages and original concepts have pretty much been trashed.

4 Likes

Did you know the designers of the dolls intended Clawdeen to be lesbian (or bi)?

3 Likes

Like-

They legit look like children now
Ew

2 Likes

Ugh.

1 Like

I love some of these original characters fans have made!

3 Likes

Ever After High was super underrated and yet so good. I bought all of their three main books and read them (but I lost two of them 🥲). You know they stopped it because of Descendants? Disney did steal their ideas from Ever After High which came out first.

2 Likes

I just wish it can come out with a reboot because it can be developed more better and have a good animation company to do it. (There’s a lot of my own suggestions I have as well with characters and changing them up to be more diverse.)

2 Likes

I mean, seeing what they’ve done to Monster High, I wouldn’t trust them not to butcher EAH too. But yes, I agree with you, so underrated!

1 Like

I read the books too!

1 Like

Yeah a different place should take over it and change it. I have a few headcannons and rewrites that could work and make the characters more inclusive :eyes:.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve always wanted to make MH or EAH into a RP, so that I could do something like that. Adding more diverse characters with all sorts of motivations, coming up with a larger conflict, and of course getting to create new designs (that’s the best part). Honestly, I may have already made EAH into a RP if Fairytaled wasn’t a thing.

1 Like

I at one point made an RP that was monster high inspired, but it didn’t seem to gain enough activity.

1 Like

:eyes:
Hmm…