Music discussion: Billie Eilish

Every week, we’ll present you with a musician and you can discuss their songs, music videos, life, style and whatever else comes to your mind! If you don’t know the presented musicians, share your first impressions, check out their music and let us know what you think! :smile:

This weeks it’s: Billie Eilish
Here’s her Wikipedia page
Here are some music videos:
https://youtu.be/DyDfgMOUjCI
https://youtu.be/pbMwTqkKSps
And here’s one of her stage outfits:

Want to suggest a musician for next time? Please fill out this form.

9 Likes

I like Billie’s voice a lot! :sweat_smile:

I like her older music better though. :pleading_face:

5 Likes

I honestly like her and her music. Especially her brother, he is just fantastic and a really good songwriter!
I can somehow relate to her lyrics and songs. I actually adore her!

5 Likes

Really love Billie

4 Likes

I love Billie a lot. She’s one of the most different singers out there and her voice is amazing.

2 Likes

Her music is great! I prefer the don’t smile at me EP slightly more than WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO but I enjoyed both.

My top Billie songs are WHEN I WAS OLDER, ilomilo, watch and xanny

4 Likes

I really like I love you! I can even play it on guitar

4 Likes

I’m the beginning i thought she was very overrated but now I like her

5 Likes

I like her music and I think both her and her brother are very talented. :notes:

3 Likes

I don’t listen to her music that much. The only songs I listen to by her are “My Boy” and “Ocean Eyes.”

3 Likes

her music is good but i think people overhype it

2 Likes

I love her music, it really give me this deep feeling about some things, and some are relaxing, etc.

2 Likes

This one was in a new suggestion in the form, so I’ll post it here for everyone to discuss:

3 Likes

I think because she is so popular everyone assumes she’s overrated? When actually I heard her album and I think it’s amazing. I like that there’s a kind of mix of genres, there are a few upbeat, and the sad ones are emotional and raw and beautiful.

5 Likes

Her music isn’t really my thing and it’s not because she’s popular, it’s more just a personal preference. I think she’s a good performer who knows how to engage her crowd but personally it’s just not my cup of tea.

2 Likes

I feel the same way about Billie Eilish as I do towards post malone and youngblud, I don’t dislike any of them I just don’t feel the same pull towards then as I do towards the other bands/artists I listen to. Obviously no disrespect to the fans or anything because I do see the appeal even though it doesn’t appeal to me. Plus I know what it’s like to have your favourite bands/artists be crapped on all the time so I’m not gonna crap on Billie just because I have different tastes to what she’s offering.

2 Likes

I don’t really know what I think about her. On the one hand, her music videos kind of scare me and I don’t really like watching them. On the other hand, those videos are really great and she puts a lot of thought into them. I like some songs, but not all of them. And I couldn’t listen to her all day, just one or two songs. Her voice is okay, not really what I normally like but it’s fine

I love everything about her and her music :))

2 Likes

I love her music but I prefer her old music (don’t smile at me kind of music )

2 Likes

Uh, @Quinn, do you know about this thread?

3 Likes