Mystic Lake Academy - Official RP Thread

Mystic Lake Academy

Located just outside the idyllic small town of Dawn Harbor, and an hour away from the nearest city, Mystic Lake Academy is a boarding school for teenagers of unusual backgrounds. To the outside world, the school is normal, just a bit odd in some ways. In reality, the school hosts children of monsters. Some famous and others relatively unknown. These students all have one thing in common, if the world knew who they were, they would not only be outcasts, but likely killed. The real question is, is how well will they follow in their parents footsteps or make themselves be heard. For the good or the bad.

Additional Rules
  • Please write at least 4-5 sentences per post minimum.
  • Check your grammar, spelling, etc.
  • Try and be creative with your characters.
  • Make certain to place your character’s name in bold at the top of the post.
  • No lone ORP posts on the Official thread.
  • When your character is speaking, or anything normal, write out the whole word. Ex. Write “You” not “u” The exception being if your character is purposely having it be that way for a specific reason.
  • Cloning characters is allowed, but you have to indicate which is which, and whether the clone is before the original or after.
  • If you can’t reply for an extended period of time, just let the person you’re RPing with

If anybody thinks of rules that should be added, just let me know.

Signup Thread: Link
Faceclaims: Link
School Information and Dorm Assignments: Link

8 Likes

It was finally the day for all of the students of Mystic Lake Academy to arrive in Dawn Harbor. Some returning, others new, but all there for the sanctuary of the academy. For some, the academy is the only place in the world where they can be safe and free to be themselves, so they stay there all year. No matter where in the world each student came from, the mysterious lakeside school opened its doors to all who needed it.

Each student is now arriving at the school after passing through the small costal town, Dawn Harbor. The school is located within the forest at the edge of the town, with the lake on the school grounds. It is storming as they are arriving.

@MysticLakeRP

8 Likes

:new_moon: Calloway Thropp :snake:

Rain tumbled down the car window as water droplet number one took the lead. Water droplet number two was just coming round the bend and water droplet number three had been disqualified. Number one raced down the window elegantly but swift, as number two slid down melancholic. Number one raced down as it reached the bottom before the second. And the winner is Water Droplet Number One!

I exclaimed in my head showing no expression. We passed through the quaint town of Dawn Harbor as Mystic Lake Academy came into view. The dense forest surrounding it looking mysterious and confident. The lake looking dark and green from the growing algae. The car parked abruptly in front of the school as I stepped out of the car grabbing my bags nodding towards the driver. I started up the steps making my way to my dorm.

Approachable

:cyclone: Lucelle Akeldama :cyclone:

It was gloomy and raining. I like rainy days. So depressing and calm. I stared outside the window, watching the people of Dawn Harbor doing their everyday activities as I squinted through their house windows. The person driving me had tried to make conversation throughout the whole drive but I didn’t listen as my full attention was on the passing plains and buildings. I stepped out the car grabbing my one bag as the driver waved goodbye to me. I rolled my eyes and continued up the steps into the dark and grand Mystic Lake Academy.

Approachable

3 Likes

Alejandro Cavallero | Room 401
Alejandro spent the morning saying goodbye to his mother, and dying his hair a new color, pink this time. The mother and son spent the night in Dawn Harbor at a small inn. He had been at the academy the previous two years, but his mother still wanted to be sure that he would be fine before she left him. All he had was his mother, and he was her everything. Eventually the time came for him to enter the school. “Bye mom. I’ll see you soon.”
“Take care of yourself, I’m just a phone call away.”
“I know mom, the same goes for you.” He hugged his mom tightly before walking to the entrance, dripping wet from the rain, bags in hand. He made his way up to the fourth floor, room 401. Stepping inside his dorm he saw his dorm mate, Aria, already there. “Hey.”

@Skyler2

2 Likes

Hailey Locke

It’s a nice school Hailey, you like it but you don’t realize that. That’s what her mother kept repeating but this school was torture. That’s what she kept thinking but in reality it did help her. She was just a bit more comfortable in her skin but not enough. She will never be comfortable enough. Others seemed more interesting to her but she will never openly admit that; her powers were dark and she didn’t particularly like that. Resting her head on the window as she was driving thought Dawn Harbor with her mother, she kept her gaze on the water droplets running down it. She always loved the rain and storm, it made her feel calm; nature was just acting out her emotions so she didn’t have to.

Upon arriving, she was slouched in her seat looking back at her mother as she elegantly took the umbrella and got out of the car, heading to open the trunk and get Hailey’s bag. Hearing the door open next to her she looked up at her mother, got out of the car and took the bag from her. “Have fun.” Delilah sweetly said, putting a hand on Hailey’s arm before adding, “Call me in a week?”
“I will.” Hailey quietly said with a weak smile. Giving her mother a lazy hug before running to the school making sure she doesn’t get that wet from the rain. Getting in, she ran a hand through her hair, dropping the bag down on the floor as she looked around the hall. Still the same.

Approachable

2 Likes

Meloetta Leroux

Meloetta looked out the window of the car as it pulled up to the entrance of Mystic Lake Academy. The familiar building welcomed her, the stormy weather adding to the school’s prowess. She ran a hand through her hair, making sure that it was covering the birthmark on her face. As the car pulled up to the front of the school, she pulled her bag in close to her and hoisted it over her shoulder as she exited the carriage. She entered the school, taking in the halls of a place she called home. She looked around, spotting her roommate Hailey also standing in the hall. She walked over to her with a smile and waved. “Bonjour Hailey!” She said, greeting her. “Ready to start the new year?”
@astxrism

Helena Cel Tradat

Helena looked ahead as she walked towards the school building. “Amintiți-vă Helena, așteptări scăzute.” She muttered to herself, as she neared the front gates. She held a black antique umbrella in one hand and put the other hand in the pocket of her black leather jacket. Her possessions were in a duffle bag she had swung over her shoulder. She stopped, just before entering the school and shook out her umbrella, closing it before she took a deep breath and walked into the building, scanning the unfamiliar halls. She wandered around, looking for the dorms room. When she found hers, she entered and set down her bags, telling herself that she’d unpack later. She then left her room, exploring the halls.

Translation

Amintiți-vă Helena, așteptări scăzute - Remember Helena, low expectations

Approachable

2 Likes

Nyxine Caldwell | Entrance

A storm was raging outside as Nyx arrived in Dawn Harbor. Mystic Lake was located just outside the town, and she couldn’t care less. Nyx was used to going to school, she just didn’t have any friends. They were a waste of time. Her tail and horns were visibly showing. The windows were tinted so it wasn’t like it really mattered. The cab finally pulled up next to the school and Nyx got out of the car, not saying a single word to the driver.

As she’s looking around, for someone, anyone, she notices a boy going up the steps. Still not sure of where to go, she rolls her eyes and walks up to the boy. “Do you know where room 303 is? I’m new,” she waved her hand as to dismiss the excuse. She didn’t have to explain herself to him.

@BlackBlood Calloway Thropp

1 Like

I carried my suitcases up the steps with a few grunts and groans. I had packed a lot of stuff so it was a challenge to walk up the steps, and I didn’t eat breakfast either. Not to mention, my dorm was on the fourth floor.
I was curious as to who my roommate would be this year. I scared off the last one, and no matter how much I begged I was stuck with someone.
I wasn’t one for roommates. I liked my privacy, plus roommates always want to talk to you. I have no interest in making any friends this year, like the years before.

I stopped at the entrance and dropped my suitcases.
I gazed at the grand dark academy. It was elegant but brooding.
I looked up to a redheaded girl approaching and speaking to me. I groaned as I looked back down at my suitcases and shook my head.
It was too early for communication.
I looked back up to her waving her hand with an irritated expression.
“What do you have muscle spasms or something?”
I looked up the steps ahead and nodded towards it.
“Third floor. Far door on the right.”
After I gathered my strength and breath, I picked up my suitcases with a grunt.
“I can take you if you’re so… new.” I looked her up and down and headed for the stairs.

@Skyler2

1 Like

Kazuyuki Matsuoka

Kaz had said goodbye to his dad days before. He knew that his dad was sending him here because his father was doubting his own sanity. So he wasn’t too upset that his father pretty much pawned him off on the school. Kaz had gotten off a boat in Dawn harbor earlier in the morning but he was quite enough and kept to himself that nobody had even noticed him yet. He carried his bags towards the school all alone. It was his first time being away from home alone and he hoped he would disappear against everyone else enough that no one would even notice.
approachable
@Owertym

2 Likes

Hailey Locke

With her hands in the back pockets of her jeans, she lowered her gaze down to her bag, taking a deep breath in. No one really knew she doesn’t like this place. Actually, no one knew much about her and her life, not even some friends she had here. She always had this mean exterior as if she didn’t care about things happening around her and that’s how she could sometimes treat people. “Ready to start the new year?”
Hearing a voice she knew pretty well by now, she straightened up putting on a bright, just a bit cocky smile and returned the wave. “Bonjour,” she said, crossing her arms as her gaze wandered towards the stairs leading to their rooms. “Only if you are ready to spend another year with me?” As a playful smile appeared on her lips, she looked back at her with a raised brown and bent down to pick up her bag. Meloetta was the only person she could somehow trust here and actually liked. Maybe the fact she was her roommate had to do something with it but she was thankful for it. “Let’s go to our room?” She questioned, tightly holding onto her bag.

@Caticorn

1 Like

Hailey Locke
Clone - after talking with Maloetta

Saying bye to her roommate, she headed downstairs to take a walk around the school. It’s what she would usually do; staying at one place was never the smartest idea because her thought would go to the reasons why she hated being here and why she wanted to go back home. And it was the begging of new year which mean there would be some new students, either her age or younger. But that wasn’t something she cared about, she would never just come up to people and make small talk, let alone become someone’s friend. Keeping her distance from everyone was the smartest thing to do.

Letting her hand slide over the railing of stairs as she started walking down, her eyes landed on a guy she’d never seen before. Stopping at the middle of the stairs, she looked him up and down in a rather questionable way, you never know if he is checking you or judging you. Though, it was almost always that second option. But she couldn’t help and think he was cute. “Rooms are upstairs,” she coldly said before continuing walking downstairs, not giving him more attention.

@Skyler2

1 Like

Nyxine Caldwell | Entrance

The guy she was talking to dropped his suitcases at the entrance and Nyxine held back a laugh. He could barely carry them. But her smile quickly disappeared as he groaned and insulted her. “Did your muscles atrophy?” She asked in response. Nyx also had quippy responses to throw at him. She watched as he nodded towards the stairs, noticing the way he picked up his bag as she adjusted the bag that was hanging over her shoulder. “I think I can follow some simple directions, I don’t need your help. You however, look like you need my help with carrying those bags.” Nyx didn’t need a lot of clothes, and she didn’t have any books in her bag, so the single bag was fine for her.
The rain was still pouring around them and a clash of thunder was heard in the distance. It honestly made Nyx a little agitated and you could tell by the fact that her tail was slightly swaying behind her.
_
@BlackBlood - Calloway

Leonardo Marcus | Entrance

The rain: pouring. The noise: aggravating. Mystic Lake Academy: a lot bigger than Leo thought it would be. He was gawking in amazement at the grandeur of the entire thing as he got out of the car. He picked up his few bags - a backpack, suitcase, and duffel bag - and went up to the school. He had packed all of his things in anticipation for his plan.
Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a girl looking at him. Leo was kind of just standing in the middle of the walkway in the rain. He raised an eyebrow when she passed him and told him where the rooms were. “Thanks, I couldn’t figure that out on my own,” he responded in the same cold tone she had. But he did have to make some sort of ally in this place. He turned around to look at the girl, her dark red hair and green eyes - from what he could tell, at least. “I’m Leo, and you are?”

@astxrism - Hailey

Aria Vanderas | Room 401

It was dark and stormy outside, so Aria wanted to spend zero time outside. She ran as fast as she could into the school and up to her dorm with her backpack, suitcase, and purse. The room was definitely nice, nicer than she was expecting. She started unpacking and unpacking her things. She had decided to take the left, as her room mate wasn’t there yet.
After a half hour or so, she heard a “Hey” from behind her. She was a bit confused as it was a male voice. She had genuinely thought ‘Alejandro’ was a girl. Sure, it wasn’t a typical female name, but they could have been named after a grandparent or something. She set her purse on her bed and turned around, confirming her suspicions as she saw the man. He had vibrant pink hair, it definitely suited him. “Oh, hi, I’m Ari Vanderas. It’s nice to meet you, I’m assuming you’re Alejandro?” She walked up to the man and held out her hand as to shake his.

@Littlefeets - Alejandro

2 Likes

Alejandro Cavallero | Room 401
The girl turned at the sound of his voice. Alejandro smiled at her politely and shook her outstretched hand as she introduced herself. “Yeah I’m Alejandro, but feel free to call me Alex or whatever else you think fits. It’s nice to meet you Ari.” Looking to see that she had decided on the left side of the dorm, Alejandro set his stuff on the right so he could find some dry clothes. “Is this your first time here Ari? Or have I just not noticed you around before?” Alejandro was trying to remember if he had seen the name or seen her around before, but he honestly wasn’t certain.

@Skyler2

1 Like

Hailey Locke | Entrance
Clone - after talking with Maloetta

Usually, people would see she wasn’t interested in continuing the conversation, it’s always clear in the way she speaks or acts, so they don’t even bother introducing themselves. Not all of them though, some just don’t care and she got the feeling he was just like that. Turning to fully face him the moment he introduced himself, she stayed quiet for a moment just analyzing him. With emotionless expressions, she took a few steps closer to him keeping her head held up high as she placed her hands in the back pockets of her jeans. He was a bit taller than her and she couldn’t miss his reddish hair, even eyes. “I’m Hailey,” she said, putting on a rather forced smile and not breaking eye contact. Just looking at him she wondered who he was and why he was here. Those were the first thought that would go through her mind when she sees someone here. Does he even want to be here?
“Let me guess…” she started, crossing her arms and letting her gaze drop down to the floor. “You’re looking for someone to befriend or someone to give you a tour around the school?” Looking up at him with a slightly raised brow and a guilty smile on, she shrugged her shoulders. “You got the wrong person, Leo. But good luck.”

@Skyler2

1 Like

Zella Strudel
Entrance – Room 302 || Daughter of Polyphemus

Despite the gloomy weather, Zella was full of energy and clad in lightly colored clothes to combat the somewhat dark atmosphere. Everything she owned was tucked away into one suit case, the majority of it new as she often traveled lightly and with a hood covering her frizzy hair, she entered the building. Immediately, she took off her jacket and laid it on top of the suitcase neatly before making her way throughout the building. For once, she was not catching quite as many stares-- this was something she looked forward to whenever she returned to the academy. People’s eyes tend to land on her as it is… quite difficult to miss her.
As she neared her room, she noticed that a lovely pale girl seemed to be leaving. Instead of crossing paths silently, like any normal person, or rather any normal creature, she smiled widely, bringing her open hand up to wave. “Ah, hello there! Are you a new student? I don’t believe I’ve seen you around before,” she spoke quickly, her bubbly disposition a bit overwhelming.

@Caticorn || Helena I hope this works!!

Theodore Lovelace
Outside – Inside School Entrance || Son of the Headless Horseman

Before walking up to the academy, Theo attached his head to his neck, making use of the velcro he had recently decided to attach at each separation point. While it would not keep his head there forever, it at least allowed him to walk and hold his things at the same time. After dealing a lifetime with a detached head, he had managed to pick up a few tricks such as how to walk smoothly so that his head would stay upright. Although he preferred simply holding it in his hands, it was not an option at the moment.
Gracefully, he quite literally strolled into the entrance with a large suitcase in one hand, an elegant looking umbrella in the other. Once inside, he took care of his umbrella properly and tucked it under his arm. In the time he had spent attaching his head, his hair had become a little disheveled so he slicked it back with his now free hand. “Room 404, hm?” He questioned himself quietly with a somewhat devilish smirk as he began walking once more. Well, he would probably be the only one to describe his smirk that way.

Approachable

1 Like

Meloetta Leroux

She giggled. “I’m always ready for that.” She told her roommate, smiling. Hailey was one of the only people who she would trust with her deepest secrets and the only person at this school who she’s comfortable enough with to show what lies underneath her hair. When she suggested going up to their room, Meloetta nodded. “Yes, let’s. I need to unpack my bag.” She said, moving her back up her shoulder further to keep it from slipping down.

@astxrism

2 Likes

Helena Cel Tradat

Helena recoiled slightly as the girl spoke, startled by her tone and speed. She’d never met someone so energetic about meeting someone new before. She took a moment to regain her composure, delicately tucking her hair behind her ear. “My name is Helena Cel Tradat. Yes, I am a new student.” She introduced herself calmly and answered the girl’s question. Her father had taught her to always introduce herself before engaging in a conversation with a stranger. “What, may I ask, is your name?” She asked the girl, wanting to know who she was talking to.

@Daunt

1 Like

Zella Strudel
Outside of Room 302 || Daughter of Polyphemus

With eager eyes-- wait, no, scratch that. With an eager eye, she watched as the girl, Helena Cel Tradat, carefully pulled some of her hair away from her face and behind her ear. She hummed in thought, her head bobbing to signal her approval of the girl’s name despite it being unnecessary. It was as if she had forgotten momentarily that she had not introduced herself but as soon as Helena asked, she answered, “Ah! I’m Zella Strudel and I’m not a new student!” Although it must’ve been clear that she was rather comfortable there, she still felt the need to clarify.
“Your name seems a bit familiar… are you in room 302, too?” Her brow lifted as she questioned her.

@Caticorn || Helena I was hoping that someone else would post by now so this wasn’t back-to-back but I also didn’t want to make you wait any longer :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Helena Cel Tradat

Helena listened attentively as the girl introduced herself, announcing that she wasn’t a new student, unlike Helena. “So you’ve been here before then?” She asked, trying to gauge how much she would be able to help her. Too? She thought, taken aback, before realizing that this girl was her roommate, having remembered seeing Zella’s name with her room assignment. This should be interesting. “Yes, I am also in room 302.” She answered curtly. “You must be my roommate then. Oh, and should you so desire, you may refer to me as Lena.” She offered to her, hoping to establish a friendly relationship with her.

@Daunt || Zella Yeah, I get what you mean.

1 Like

“Did your muscles atrophy?”

I didn’t know what atrophy meant, but I assumed it was used as a comeback.
I rolled my eyes and ignored her.
Looking at her, I tilted my head. She was scrawny. There was no way she’d be able to carry them. However I was in desperate need of fun. I shoved my two suitcases towards her, dropping them in her arms. “Thank you. How thoughtful.” I smiled and began up the stairs.
“So what, did your parents force you to this h-ll hole? I don’t see why else you’d be here.”
Mystic Lake Academy will forever be the worst experience of my life in all categories. Too many rules and expectations. I’d much rather be in a public school giving a nerd a wedgie than here.

@Skyler2 Sorry, this is horrific

2 Likes