Mystic Lake Academy - Official RP Thread

:dark_sunglasses: Minerva :snake:

The bus stopped in one of the stations in the small town of Dawn Harbor. The bus didn’t get me to the academy itself. The academy was located a little bit outside of the town and this was the nearest station the from it. I took my bags and walked out of the bus, I stopped for a moment and looked around the town to admire its beauty.
After some time I headed toward the academy excited and a little bit worried at the same time. It was supposed to be for people like me. At least from what I have heard about this place. But still what if I won’t be able to fit in there?
When I arrived to the academy, I immediately saw some guy carrying his bags inside, looks like he just arrived here too. I decided to approach him, so first I checked if my sunglasses are covering my eyes, because I didn’t wanted any accidents on my first day. Then I walked toward him. “Hey… Are you new here too?” I asked slightly smiling.

@fal.renet1398 - Kazuyuki

1 Like

Kazuyuki Matsuoka

I had been carrying my bags into the school head down trying to be as invisible as possible and there was a real chance with how nervous I was that I would actually be invisible soon. I had almost made it to the school building when I heard a voice. It did scare me enough that I disappeared from sight for a moment before coming back into view. “Um yeah, I am new,” I mumbled as I fumbled with my bags and tried to push my hair out of my face. I was a mess, to say the least. When I finally looked up at who was talking to me it only made things worse. It was a really sweet sounding and pretty girl she had a cool kind of vibe about her. I looked back down at my feet again. I was going to have to get better with talking to people I couldn’t be so shy here. I looked back up to ask her something and the strap on my backpack broke and it fell to the ground spilling its contents all across the walk. “Oh my I’m sorry really sorry,” I say my voice shaky as I get down on the ground to pick my things up.
@Owertym - Minerva

1 Like

Alec Reaper
The ground Floor

I stared outside at the stormy grey-blue sky as I arrived to the Academy. The academy was already familiar, as this isn’t my first time at the academy. It was already evening, and the sun was close to setting. I noticed the lake on the school grounds and how the rain poured down on it. I paid no mind to the drivers, I spent most of my time thinking or reading. The car halted to a stop and I carefully brought out 3 bags. 2 of them were filled to the brim with books. I brought an umbrella, so I just walk to the door with not a trace of water on me. I stepped into the Academy’s hall, and thought
here we go again…

Approachable

2 Likes

I must have scared him, because the boy disappeared from sight for a moment. I brushed my hand through my hair to check if it’s still normal.
“Sorry… I didn’t meant to scare you” I said a little bit awkwardly and chuckled. “I’m new too” I added slightly smiling. For some reason the boy was looking down a lot and tried to avoid eye contact with me. Maybe he was just shy? I tought.
“So…” I started to say trying to start a conversation when the strap of his bag broke. “Let me help you” I said bending down to help him and accidently bumped into him. “Ouch… Sorry” I said and checked if my glasses where still in place.

1 Like

Aria Vanderas | Room 401

Well that was just great. Aria couldn’t help but wonder if her mother had something to do with this. She most likely had, as she was constantly trying to get the girl to date a guy. There was an annoyed sort of look on her face, not with the man. It was almost as though she was acting as if her mother was in the room with her. “Yeah, well, Alejandro,” she put on a forced smile after her mini tantrum, “I’m sure you and I will get along great.” Aria already disliked men do to her mother constantly nagging her to date someone, the disdain was only amplified when she started getting bullied. This school was supposed to be an escape, not another prison where she was constantly scared.

She turned around and started fiddling around with her blankets, making sure they were completely straight. “I’m new, I just… I don’t know, it was time for a new start I guess. I’m assuming you’ve been to this school before.That would mean you know your way around, right?” She turned around to look at him after deciding the sheets could never be straighter. She noticed he was soaking wet and said, "I could leave so you could change… "

@Littlefeets - Alex

This is all I could get out tonight, but I’ll have everything replied to by tomorrow. Along with my sign up for Castaway.

1 Like

Alejandro Cavallero | Room 401
Alejandro could sense that something was bothering her, but he wasn’t quite sure what. He had just met her, so he was going to try not to push her too much. “Well, we’re going to be sharing this dorm together, so I hope we can be friends.” He smiled, then nodded as he listened to her. “I get that, and yeah I’ve been here before. This is my fifth year here now, so I know this place pretty well. You aren’t the first, and won’t be the last person here to want a fresh start.” He grabbed a set of dry clothes and looked to her as she finished straightening her sheets. “Oh, it’s fine. I can change in the bathroom. Then when I’m dry I can show you around if you want? We can get to know each other some and I can give you the lay of the land.” He didn’t know her, but he knew there was something troubling her, so he just wanted to comfort her. Providing guidance was in his blood. How could he not be willing to lend someone an ear and support.

@Skyler2

1 Like

Kazuyuki Matsuoka

I saw that she seemed really nervous. She didn’t seem to have much reason to be nervous around me but that was my own opinion I guess. As she told me she was new too I smiled a little. “I…its…It’s ok.” I mumble out as I keep picking my things up. I was trying not to disappear again my hands were shaking. I had never been in a place this big with so many people. She helped me pick up my things but I picked up the more private things quickly as I shoved them back in my bag quickly. " Um… Thank you." I say softly as I hold my bag in my arms after she had helped me clean it all up. “You have… Pretty um… sunglasses.” I say as I look back down at my feet gosh I was so scared of even simple talking here, This year was not going to be good for me it this indicated anything.
@Owertym Sorry I really thought I responded to this already and now I feel bad about this being such a long wate.

2 Likes

Leonardo Marcus| Entrance

She didn’t seem very interested in talking to Leo, that was fine with him. He didn’t really want to talk to her either. But he was going to because he would need help to complete his plan. The girl kept her head high in the rain as she took a few steps closer. Maybe she wasn’t used to talking to people…? Leo wasn’t one for chit chat, but he had friends back at his old school. Too bad he would never see then again.

“Let me guess… You’re looking for someone to befriend or someone to give you a tour around the school?” Well, she was right about the befriending part. He didn’t really need a tour, Leo was sure he could find his way around. The school couldn’t possibly be that large. “Actually, I just asked for your name. I thought I could try befriending you after I learned basic information. Nice to know that you’re already considering me as a possible candidate for friendship though. Truly, I’m flattered.” There was an uneven smirk as he heard her wish him good luck in finding a friend.

He chose to ignore the comment, thinking of something that could even make her consider giving him a tour. Or at least showing him where the boys dorm was. He was suddenly very aware of the rain pouring down on the two, taking off his jacket and handing it to the girl. “You can have it, I’m naturally hot so I’ll be fine.”

@astxrism - Hailey

Nyxine Caldwell | Entrance

He handed her the bags and she almost fell down due to how heavy they were. What an ass Who did he think he was? Sure, she had offered to help. Didn’t mean she wanted all of his baggage. Nyx had her own stuff to carry. It wasn’t much, but it was still existent. Not wanting to be crushed under the weight of his stuff anymore, she just dropped one of the bags on the ground. She had said she’d help, and Nyx didn’t break promises.

“So what, did your parents force you to this h-ll hole? I don’t see why else you’d be here.” This was something Nyx wasn’t sure about. Why would her dad send her to a place like this? The two had always had a good dynamic with an alright relationship. “My dad sent me here. I’m only staying because I trust he did it for my safety.” She didn’t need to get into every aspect with a guy who’s name she didn’t even know. “What about you? Did your parents ship you off because they don’t want you anymore?”

@BlackBlood - Calloway

Aria Vanderas | Room 401

Though the man- Alex seemed nice enough, Ari was trying to be cautious. She had thought the guys at her last school were nice enough, apparently not. “Yeah… friends would be a good thing.” As much as she hated to admit, she did need a friend. She hadn’t had a friend in forever. Ari still didn’t trust him, per se, but she could at least be hospitable. “Wow, five years, that’s… a really long time.” It didn’t seem impossible, Ari just wasn’t expecting someone to have been here for that long. “So, how old were you when you first started going to the academy?”

She looked down at her feet in embarrassment when he mentioned the bathroom. “Right, sorry, I forgot we had one of those.” Ari was not the sharpest tool in the shed. She was constantly forgetting things, not noticing her surroundings, and she was barely passing in school. “I could use a tour, I honestly kind of have no idea what I’m doing here. It took me 10 minutes to get here and I had a map…” Just because she didn’t trust him didn’t mean she couldn’t tell him some basic stories.

@Littlefeets - Alejandro

3 Likes

Hailey Locke
Clone - after talking with Maloetta

A faint chuckle escaped her lips when she heard what he said. For some reason it made her not dislike him right away. “I didn’t know I was taking applications but thank you for giving me an idea.” Returning the smirk, she shook her head at the idea of it watching his next move.

“Naturally hot?” She curiously repeated after him, just a bit confused at what he meant. Not wanting to make any guesses and possibly end up looking stupid, she hesitantly took his jacket as her eyes were glued on his. “What does that make you?” Wrapping it around herself and crossing her arms, she bluntly asked taking a step back as she looked up at the sky, only now getting irritated by the rain. That wasn’t something she liked people asking her. She’d avoid answering it or she’d come up with something that might make the other person more curious, still not giving them an answer. She didn’t think she was that special, she didn’t find her “powers” rewarding or of good nature. This place was supposed to make her feel more comfortable and accepting of who she was and in her own way she was working on that but it still wasn’t successful. “And thank you,” She quietly added before he could answer her question, referring to the jacket as a sweet smile appeared on her lips. Slightly opening her mouth to say something she quickly closed it, not knowing what to say, probably for the first time.

“Come on now, let me at least show you where your room is.” She managed to say looking to the side. That was not something she would do, she wasn’t even that friendly with not so many friends she had here but that was just the image she wanted to keep here. She got good at pretending to be something, someone, she was not. “And this is only because I have nothing better to do, not because I want to be your friend.” Gaining her confidence back, she quickly added looking back at him with a cheeky smile before turning to walk towards the stairs. It was a lie, she did want to have friends here but out of fear it was hard for her to actually make friends. It was always better to keep them all at a distance. “What made you come here?” She stopped, waiting for him to catch up as she turned to face him. From what she’d heard many students weren’t here because they wanted to but because their parents made them. She got the feeling that was the case with him too.

@Skyler2

1 Like

Hailey Locke

“That’s the spirit I like. You’re probably the only one that thinks like that,” she said with a serious tone but tried to make it sound like it was a joke. She was well aware of the fact not many people were fond of her but she didn’t mind that. It just meant there were less people she needed to worry about hurting. Even if she wasn’t the one that would actually hurt someone she always felt responsible for everything happening around her.

“Now come on.” Holding her bag with both hands she started walking towards the stairs, taking a deep breath in. She didn’t like this school, she didn’t like her room and seeing it again will only remind her she is stuck here for another year. Another year and she still wasn’t comfortable with who she is. “What do you expect from this year?” Shaking away those thoughts she looked back at Meloetta as she started walking up the stairs. “I’ve noticed we have some new students,” annoyingly saying it she looked away, reaching the top of the stairs, tightly holding her bag.

@Caticorn

Lowell Harvey

This was new to him and he wasn’t sure if he would like it or not. Never did he think he would go to a school like this but his mother wanted the best for him even if he didn’t need it. His father always made sure he was well trained, even educated and was against him going to this school but Lowell made a mistake so it had to happen. Driving through Dawn Harbor he didn’t really pay much attention to what was happening in this town, the rain also didn’t bother him, that whole time he was having a pleasant conversation with his driver. It was never hard for him to make friends, despite his mean exterior, he is an outgoing and talkative person after all.

Arriving, he thanked the driver and quickly got out of the car taking his bag that was in the back seat and ran to the school. Getting inside he stopped, dropping his bag down as he slightly furrowed his brows looking around the place curiously. He was new so he didn’t know anyone but he also had no idea what the school looked like. And he was satisfied, it was a bit brighter for his liking but it still had a homey feel. Looking around as he stretched his arms he had no idea what he was supposed to do now. Find his room? Probably, but where should he go, where is it? His eyes landed on a short and rather young girl making him slightly confused. “Aren’t you too young to be here?” He bluntly said, walking over to the girl right after picking up his bag again. He never thinks about what he is saying so he often seems rude and not polite but he doesn’t care much about it. He believes the fact he is outgoing and talkative can somehow make up for it but it doesn’t really work that way. “I’m just going to state the obvious - I’m new and I have no idea what I’m doing.” He quickly added managing to chuckle as he scratched the back of his neck with his free hand.

@BlackBlood - Lucelle

2 Likes

The guy quickly picked up few things and shoved them back into his bag before I was even able to see what it was. Probably it was something personal or private and he didn’t wanted anyone to see it or something like that. I helped him to collect remaining things and when we finished he thanked me, “You’re welcome” I said slightly smiling.
Then he complimented my sunglasses, I was a little bit scared and nervous that he would ask more about why I’m wearing it in the rainy day like today. But he didn’t seemed interested in that and I was relieved. “Thank you. Umm… You have pretty hair” I said smiling at him. “Oh by the way I’m Minerva” I added and extended my hand to shake.

ORP - It’s fine. I was busy most of that time anyway.

:new_moon: Calloway Thropp :snake:

I heard the sound of a thud and turned to check up on her.
I knew she wouldn’t be able to carry them.
She dropped one of them and began towards the stairs.
With a sigh I shrugged and turned, continuing up the flight of stares.

I’ll get it later

I told myself.
I shook my head.
“In other words you don’t know?” I asked looking at her.
I remember the first time I came to Mystic Lake Academy. I felt… betrayed
I didn’t truly want to come to Mystic Lake Academy. I knew I wasn’t wanted, and that I hardly had a choice.
I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
“No… just safer. Plus I wouldn’t get into as much trouble.”
Arriving at the first level I turned to the left, continuing up the flight of stairs.
“You sure you can handle that? The bag?”

:cyclone: Lucelle Akeldama :cyclone:

Lucelle looked up to the grand academy for a split moment. She had caught enough glances of it in her life.
Walking inside the academy she looked around to new and familiar faces. She couldn’t help but stare at a girl with a swinging blood red tail.
Lucelle slung her bag over her shoulder feeling no strain.
She often packed light, feeling no need to bring so many outfits.
Today she was wearing a baggy white shirt that covered her whole body.
It was her mother’s shirt.
Lucelle felt something.
She felt as if someone was staring at her, beginning to approach her.
Out of the corner of her eye a boy begin towards her.
Turning around abruptly she stared at him as well, examining him, interrogating him, without speaking a word.
He didn’t exactly have a harsh expression, but appeared agitated.

“Aren’t you too young to be here?”

Lucelle slowly tilted her head. Blinking in a doll-like fashion.
Some found her unsettling, others weird, some mysterious. All of the above were correct.
Her face laid flat.
She looked into his eyes motionless, expressionless, silent.
Tilting her head back straight she revealed a small smile.
Mystic Lake Academy didn’t have strict age requirements. Lucelle didn’t look at MLA as a school, but a safe space.
It wasn’t homey, but she knew she was protected.

”I’m just going to state the obvious - I’m new and I have no idea what I’m doing.”

Lucelle stared at him for a second, nothing but a smile upon her face. She turned and started up the stairs. Turning back to see if he was following she said,
“I’ll show you to your room.”
Lucelle had memorized everyone’s dorms in case of crisis. She went over it in her head throughout the car ride.
Her voice was quiet, along with her pitch. It bounced off the walls chillingly.
This was the first time Lucelle had spoken in 25 days.

@Skyler2 - Nyxine
@astxrism - Lowell

1 Like

Lowell Harvey

Being around people that are not like him or weren’t considered mean and dangerous was a drastic change. Not being home was a drastic change. Every day he was facing emotionless creatures but he’d never seen anyone quite like this girl. He couldn’t help but feel a little uneasy just staring at her blank expression. His first instinct would be to get defensive and show his power in a way but if there was one thing he knew was the best is having self-control. Staying quiet as he waited for her to say something or do something he examined her in the same way, keeping his head held up high. That didn’t change even when a small smile appeared on her lips but it made him relax just a bit, enough to not feel uneasy at all.

“I honestly didn’t expect this would be easy,” he said with a smile when she offered to help him. He thought he would have to do things on his own since probably everyone would be too busy settling back in and being with people they haven’t seen in a while. It made him wonder what it was like being here, what the other students were like. “What is it like being here?” He curiously asked, following her up the stairs as he let his finger slide over the railing leaving weak flames that quickly disappear behind. Being an outgoing and talkative person it wouldn’t be hard for him to fit in but that wasn’t up to him. It was up to other people.

@BlackBlood

1 Like

卂长卂𠘨乇 𠘨卂长卂从口丅口

I stepped out of my mother’s car, hugging her goodbye and shutting the door behind me. “Watashi wa anata o aishiteimasu, anzendesu!”(1)She said through the window. “Yakusoku shimasu.”(2) I said, waving as she drove off. I walked into the school, my hair swinging behind me. I found my dorm assignment and went to knock on the door.
(1) Be safe! I love you!
(2) I will, I promise.
@Owertym

2 Likes

After I finished talking with the shy boy, I walked inside the academy. I headed straight for north wing where dorms were located. I reached the third floor and started looking for dorm 304.
When I found it, I walked inside and looked around. My roommate wasn’t still here, so I started unpacking. I was wondering when she will arrive and if she will nice, when suddenly I heard knock on the door. I wasn’t expected it, so it startled me a little bit and I dropped one of my bags. Then I rushed toward the door and opened it, there was standing a beautiful asian looking girl. “Umm… hi…” I said slighly smiling to her.

@Ouijaloveletters - Akane

卂长卂𠘨乇 𠘨卂长卂从口丅口

“Kon’nichiwa, genkidesuka? Nakamoto akamedesu. Anata wa?”(1) I said, smiling at the platinum blonde that had opened the door.
(1) Hello, how are you? My name is Akame Nakamoto. You are?
(She can speak English, she just wants to see her reaction. XD)
@Owertym

1 Like

The girl spoke in japanese and I was surprised by it, though when I think about it, it makes sense. I wasn’t sure how to respond to that, so I stayed in awkward silence for few moments. “Umm… Sorry, I didn’t understood anything you just say” I said finally and chuckled awkwardly. “Can you speek english?” I added asking trying to find a way for both of us to cominucate.

@Ouijaloveletters - Akame

卂长卂𠘨乇 𠘨卂长卂从口丅口

I laughed, smiling at her. “Yes, I can speak English. I was just messing with you. I do that to people to see their reaction. I said hello and asked how you were. I also told you my name, Akame Nakamoto, and asked what yours was.” I clarified.

@Owertym

1 Like

“Oh… Well that definetely worked” I said and laughed a little bit with her. “Nice to meet you Akame, My name is Minerva” I said slightly smiling. Then I looked around the room a little bit nervous thinking what to say now. “So… I guess we are gonna be roommates” I said after some time. Then I fixed my sunglasses to make sure they stays in place, I didn’t wanted accidently turn her into stone.

@Ouijaloveletters - Akame