Nausicaa & Benito’s Adventure RP

Nausicaa Arnault and Benito Mijares are the “heroes” of the story and are hired to basically stop an impending war, not that they know this… yet. Nausicaa and Benito are hired-adventurers, known only for the tasks they do and not for who they were before this chosen career path. They soon receive this “mission” or “quest” and undergo many challenges in order to complete it. Something is missing or was it stolen and they have to get it back in time before war breaks out. @Edelgard and @CrazyCaliope choose the path for Nausicaa and Benito, as well as their weapons, clothing, and even how they interact and battle. Will they be successful or die trying?

Marie and Cali’s characters’ FCs!

Additional info:

Skill, Stamina, Luck

You will give a score for each one, but they change constantly during the adventure. However, totals may never exceed your initial scores, except on rare occasions.

Skill
This score reflects how well you can fight and use a weapon. This is the only score that can stay relatively unaffected.

Stamina
This score reflects your well-being, your determination and overall fitness. When a stamina score reaches zero, the result is death.

Luck
This score reflects how lucky you are. You can use luck at various times. In battle or in other situations, but be aware that you can be lucky or unlucky. If you are lucky, great, but if you are unlucky then the results can disastrous. When using luck in battles, you can use it to inflict a more serious wound on the creature you have wounded or to minimise the effects of a wound inflicted on you.

I will be making sure luck fair when you use it and be rolling dice to determine the outcome. If you have a higher luck score, the higher your chance to be lucky! Though each time you test your luck, you will subtract on point from your score.

Battles

You will often come across creatures on your travels. Some may be friendly and others may not. At times, you may be given the option of either being sneaky or to flee. Although, if not, or if you choose not to, you will battle the creature.

During a battle, you will be given the creature’s stamina and skill score. Depending on your attacks, movement, and other choices, will depend on the damage you cause and how much is caused to you. Getting damaged will make your stamina (and possibly skill) level to decrease, meaning you will be weaker in the battle unless you manage to restore it. You may have to fight more than one monster at a time, but you will be told how to deal with it when it happens.

If you decide to flee during a battle, then it should be noted that the creature automatically gets one wound on you.

Equipment & Potions

You will start with the bare minimum of equipment, but you can find or buy more during your travels. You are armed with two weapons of choice and your own choice of dress. You will have a backpack for your Provisions and any treasures you come across.

In addition, you may take one bottle of magic potion to help aid you in your quest. These can be taken at any time during the quest, except when engaged in battle. Each potion may only be used once.

Here are the choices:
A potion of skill - restores your skill points
A potion of strength - restores your stamina points
A potion of fortune - restores your luck points and adds one to your initial score.

This thread is only for @Edelgard and I to continue the story, but if you want to comment on it if you read along, that’s cool, just please blur or hide it on the thread.
Though if you want to be part of one with your own character, then feel free to sign-up here.

3 Likes

The water whirled around and splashed against the rocks outside. It wasn’t a stormy night but it wasn’t calm enough for a nice swim either. Nausicaa lay on his bed, occasionally hearing a big wave splash into the side of his newly built container house on the water front. A few minutes later, there was another bang but a lot louder than the water had been. When he got up, his glass front door was open and just inside the door was a piece of paper. On it was the scribbled words, “Nausicaa, you’ll be joining a new adventurer. 6am. Black Sedan. Pack.”

He would need to pack what he needed, making sure his backpack wasn’t too heavy on his back. He would carry his weapons, along with the clothing he was each going to wearing. But what goes inside his pack?

• One change of clothes
  • Some kind of bottled drink
  • 5 items of food
  • Their potions
  • Something that can be used a blanket (a blanket is fine)
  • And two smaller items each of his choosing

Once Nausicaa (and @Edelgard) choose what to put in his pack, he must go out to the waiting car that next morning.

3 Likes

Nausicaa let out a relieved sigh as he read the note, thankful that he didn’t have to do damage control this late at night. Or was it early in the morning? At first, he thought that the mild migraine was blurring his vision. But after a couple of blinks, he realised that it really was just the handwriting that was shaky. The unwanted migraine beginning to fade away, Nausicaa took a peek outside. No one was there. Still, he gave the shadows a tired but understanding nod -for whoever was out there.

The sun was rising by the time Nausicaa closed his bag. He had lost a bit of time figuring out what food could stick around in his bag for days without ending up smelling like sewers or give him food poisoning: at the end of the day, some canned herring, red wheat berries, beans, nuts and a small jar of honey would do. A fresh bottle of coconut water would give him the best hydration. He carefully placed it next to the luck potion he had acquired recently, fitting them both between a change of clothes and a warm, wool blanket. A small bottle of alcohol and a solid rope were placed on top.

Nausicaa secured it on his back, testing the weight. It was very light. Good. Before he finally headed out, he fuelled his fans with several variations of poison, and secured his sword to his waist.

He reached the waiting car as the sky was beginning to turn a lighter shade of pink, greeting the driver with an apologetic smile. ‘Good morning,’ he said softly, looking them in the eye. ‘I hope I didn’t keep you waiting.’

@CrazyCaliope

1 Like

Benito Mijares

It was 4:30am in the morning when his boss, the blacksmith, busted into his small dwelling on his boss and boss’ wife’s ranch. The dwelling was set back, away from the main homestead, and seemed to be no bigger than a shoebox to Benito. Not that he minded, having few possessions or no valuables meant that he didn’t need much space. So his shoebox was fine. “Up. Out of bed. It is time to back,” the backsmith bellowed, a look of glee on his face. “You’ve been requested, it is your time to shine, Mijares.”
Benito sat bolt upright in his cot, pushing his back up against the wall. His shocked expression mixed with confusion of what was going on, but he got out of bed swiftly nevertheless. “Yes, sir. You- You want me to leave, I understand.” There was a hint of melancholy in his voice.
“No, Mijares, you will be returning,” the blacksmith had calmed slightly as he searched the small room for the backpack the boy had come here with all those years ago. “You have just been chosen for an adventure. I hope it helps to give you some confidence, and put hairs on you’re chest, make you a real man.”
“An adv- adventure, sir?”
“Yes,” he answered as he found the backpack at the back of the boy’s cupboard that was used as his wardrobe. “Now here’s a list to pack and once you’re dressed properly, come over home where the missus has food for you.” Thrusting the list and his pack into his hand, he left almost as quickly as he’d entered.

Standing there, wide-eyed and a little dumbstruck, Benito didn’t wait too long before reading the list and following instruction. He changed into trousers with a loose tunic and wide, leather knee-high boots. Then threw on his cape over the top. In his old backpack, he threw his hide blanket, a piece of flint, and a small but sharp dagger he’d crafted. Reading the note again, his boss had scribbled that he MUST take the two most beautifully designed weapons that Benito had crafted. Upon picking each one up from the corner of his living quarters, he admired the work for a few seconds, then strapped his mace and war hammer to the backpack.
Hoisting the pack onto his shoulder, he left and made his way over to the cottage. The backsmith’s wife had a steaming bowl of porridge with spiced fruit and a large herbal tea waiting for him. Delicious. After breakfast, he packed the food they had left for him. There was a canteen of water, a bag of mixed nuts, a bag of dried fruits, some beef jerky, some pita bread, and some homemade hummus.

The blacksmith then came in and ushered him out to the front gate at exactly 5:30am. He wished Benito luck and a safe return as a black car pulled up in front of them. Climbing into the back, he put his pack down between his legs and buckled up. He didn’t even get a chance to look around him when the car was off.

At 6am on the dot, the black Sedan pulled up right in front of the ocean. The windows were fully tinted so Benito didn’t know this until the back door opened for another man. There was no response from the person driving, and Benito didn’t answer the new person either. So he finally looked around the back seat.

Inside the car’s backseat (area) was neither special nor out of the ordinary. Except that the centre armrest was down with something inviting perched atop of it, two glasses and two cups. Each glass held an orange liquid that was clearly freshly squeezed juice. The other was a cup of steaming hot tea, a fruit tea to be exact.

1 Like

Nausicaa Arnault

Silence was fine, Nausicaa thought as he listened to the quiet rumble of the vehicle. Had the circumstances been different, it would surely have lulled him into a pleasant sleep. His migraine had almost entirely faded away, he noticed, and carefully reached for one of the hot tea cups. The car made a sharp turn then, knocking him forward; and though the cup did not slip from his hand, a relatively small dose of the liquid came surging down on the man he had understood would be his partner.

“Forgive me,” he apologised with a serene smile, a little awestruck by the other’s demeanour. There was something about it that conveyed… well, insecurity wasn’t quite the right term. Perhaps ‘introversion’ was better-suited. “Are you burned?” Nausicaa asked gently. Considering that the stranger’s hip was covered by a thick leather plate, he was quite convinced he wasn’t. Still, it was a matter of politeness.

“I’m Nausicaa,” he introduced himself, extending a hand for the stranger to shake it. “I hope you’re as picky as I am for resting spots,” he added with a small laugh.

Nausicaa let his gaze slide to the stranger’s backpack and, almost instantly, a detailed, well-crafted mace caught his eye. The grip seemed comfortable, and the head was well-kept, polished even. “That’s very beautiful,” he murmured.

1 Like

Benito Mijares

The Sedan was off again as soon as this new man clambered into the backseat with him. Five minutes into their journey, the Sedan lurched, perhaps it was traffic lights, but the stranger’s tea he had picked up poured onto Benito’s knee. Just a spot. The stranger apologised and asked if it burned. Benito only shook his head, hoping not to be blamed for his knee being in the way, as he gently tried to rub away the heat and wet.
The stranger introduced himself as Nausicaa and Benito greeted him back with a quiet, timid nod, “Good morning. I can sleep anywhere.” He carefully twisted himself around, trying to stay on his side and not bump the stranger, and grabbed the other tea cup. Before they clinked, Benito looked down at his mace and mumbled, “Thanks. I did it.”

1 Like

Nausicaa Arnault

“Impressive,” Nausicaa commented with genuine appreciation as their teacups eventually clinked. “And reassuring. Both your mace and sleeping qualities.”

More the mace than sleeping qualities. Nausicaa glanced to the side, his careful not to betray his worries.

By then, he had managed to delimit the stranger’s character a bit more. From the way he seemed to have forgotten to introduce himself, from his careful and timid movements that tended to shift away from Nausicaa, he really just acted like a fish out of water, to say the very least.

“Well, I think our weapons are well-balanced,” he went on, careful to be extra-gentle in his voice. “That will be helpful.” Nausicaa sipped the last of tea. It was quite quick, considering half of the cup was currently drying on the stranger’s knee. The moment he did so, however, a jab of pain in his forehead caused him to lean back into the seat. Ah, well. “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name,” Nausicaa said with a form of dreamy nonchalance.

1 Like

Benito Mijares

The stranger, Nausicaa they had said their name was, said that what Benito had said was reassuring. He smiled inwardly, his mind pleased that he’d spoken the right words not to already have been making an enemy of this man. Then the man continued to say he was well-balanced. Benito began to repeat what he’d been told with perplexity, “Well-balanced for-” But caught himself before finishing the sentence. Querying that would show just how little he knew about what was happening. Perhaps Nausicaa didn’t know what was going on either, but Benito didn’t want to test that particularly thought, as he didn’t want to wrong.
“My name?” Benito was a little surprised that the man did actually want to know it. He gulped his tea down before answering. “My name. I’m Be-”

Before Benito could get out the last of his name, the hot liquid worked its way down their throats; bland but a little fruity in taste. By the time Benito put the teacup back down, he had to blink slowly. Both of their eyelids were heavier and their vision was blurred. All within seconds. Just ten seconds and Nausicaa’s head rolled back on the seat; he wasn’t conscious. It wasn’t long before Benito was unconscious too.

When they awoke, the car was stationary and their bags were now on their laps. They were in a different car, which was nothing unusual, at least not for Nausicaa. The sun was beaming down from above, it can’t have been much after 10am. The car was parked on a range of hills that half-circled a forest valley. Not 40 metres away, downhill, was an overgrown dirt path into the trees.