New Ideas Thread 2.0

Alright, I have two ideas I’m mulling over. I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts by voting on them. The Harry Potter idea fell through due to issues with the Potter community after Rowling’s comments. I have moved on from this idea though to two other ideas. They are story games which would be my first story game to create if everyone votes yes. These ideas might take a bit more time to get ready though. Okay, let’s get on to the ideas before I start rambling about the wrong thing. These games are going to take time to make them. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

First Idea

So, this first idea is a murder mystery that would be based in the victorian ages of London. It’s based in a world where the supernatural is real. They live in the shadows as the humans have the daytime. The main character’s name would be Mable Wells who is a private detective. She is asked by her friend’s family to investigate the murder of a debutante that her sister knew. The debutante’s death shares a striking similar MMO that fist a series of killings that have happened all over the city. It’s up to Mable to figure out what happened before something dark gets released.

You would be the ones to make Mable’s choices in the story. You will also be able to create your own characters who will have a part in the story. They will interact with the core characters in the game. This idea might be familiar to some because I have talked about making this before but never got around to it.

What do you think of the idea?
  • This sounds like fun!
  • Possibly, tag me if you do decide to go with this.
  • No, I’m not really interested in murder mysteries.

0 voters

Second Idea

This next idea is something I have wanted to do for a very long time. I have always wanted to create my own Star Wars-based story. So, this would be similar to the murder mystery one but instead of already having a character made up. You would help make the character. Most Likely I would use Star Wars The Old Republic character customizing for a face claim depending on what type of character we would make. I’m not sure when I want to base the story so I’m going to let you decide that part in a poll below. The plot would be something like this. You are a young force user who is living in a secluded village on a planet. You are forced to make the choice of joining either the Republic or the Sith Empire due to the ongoing war between them. Something drastic happens to your family during the attack on your planet. From here on out you must choose who you will be loyal to. Will you be a Dark Lord that is loyal to the empire or a Dark Lord who is secretly against the empire? Will you join the republic and the Jedi Order? Will you follow their teachings or will you go against their teachings? Will you be neutral, light, dark side?

What era would you like to be in?
  • Knights of the Old Republic Era
  • The Old Republic Era (200-year difference from the KOTOR Era)
  • Prequels Timeline (3000-year difference from The Old Republic Era)
  • Original Trilogy Timeline
  • Current Trilogy Timeline

0 voters

What do you think?
  • I like the sound of this idea!
  • Maybe, tag me if you decide to make it.
  • No, not a big fan of Star Wars.

0 voters

@CrazyCaliope @FuzilladeBlue If you want to help me with this we can go over it in our other Star Wars group chat

5 Likes

I have an idea for an RP.

Basic idea

Lilia is in prison for allegedly killing her mom. No one has ever believed that she is innocent. Until she meets a group of kids who want to seek justice for innocent prisoners like her. Join the group of kids seeking justice for Lilia. If you join this RP, over time you’ll learn about Lilia and her past, you might even get to be friends with Lilia, if you’re lucky.

Possible title

“Starting over RP/SO RP”

• I’d love to join this RP!
  • I’m not interested.
  • I’m not sure.

0 voters

@FTDFam I’d love to hear your opinions.

3 Likes

Sorry, guys! I realized I made the poll wrong. I’m so sorry. :see_no_evil:

• I’d love to join this RP!
  • I’m not interested.
  • I’m not sure.
0 voters

@FTDFam @Konix Would you be willing to vote on this?

3 Likes

Okay I got a new idea. It’s sort of more of a scarier RP though. It’s about very sensitive things including death, specifically.

Jergen High is a typical highschool, with your typical students, teachers, and staff. Everyone has their own people, everyone has their rivals. Days in the new school year the school conducts a meeting where all students join in the auditorium. Everyone is still seemingly normal, themselves; bored, hungry, tired, hungover, even. Principal Mike giving his god awful speech, everyone is whispering more to themselves. Going through slides of rules shown on the projector in front of the curtains on the stage, a slide no one expected, pops up.

Reading: This is a threat. Jergen Highschool will be bombed. When? No one knows. But I do. And this is what you get.

Everyone suddenly jolts awake. The huge cinematic room filled with cries and screaming. Mike and all the staff try to reduce the panic, telling no one to call their parents. Eventually, cops are called and authority is on their way, people are starting to now try and leave, creating chaos everywhere. No one knows what ‘s going to happen, who is up to this, and where it will go off. No one wants to get hurt, and they certainly don’t want to die, but it’s no longer in their control.

A bomb a few minutes later explodes within the building, sounding far in the distance, but the effects rumbling closer and closer. The school was now anarchy, purge. Everyone scared for their life, cops and firefighters surrounded the building, helping as much as possible. Hours passed by, lives are lost. The school is destroyed. People are traumatized, scared, not knowing what’s going on next. As days passed, no school but cases were reported, investigations started but they did not get any closer to who may be up to this. During the mist of all this, when people thought this was going to be the only and last tragedy to have to recover from they had a new cause of fear.

Now, everyone within Jergen county has been sent a text. A text that set the whole town into panic. The whole town that was now a target as it’s school previous. For another bomb.

So basically, it will start out with what happened above. You are students of Jergen Highschool within all the tragedy. More things are to come, like investigations, questioning friends, family, etc and especially when the new threat will be sent to everyone. This RP includes most aspects any highschool RP does but with a mix of mystery and drama.

So, anyone interested??

• I am interested
  • I am not
  • Maybe

0 voters

If I do actually make this RP, whether you agreed yes, or maybe, would you like to be tagged?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: RPers General Chat

RP I might make if enough people want it

The basic background on the world is

Background

The founders of the nations were once great friends. However, an argument drove them apart. Sadly, the exact details of said argument have been to time.
So, the founders ended up going their separate ways to colonize their nations.
One created the Nation of Magic, known as Viserium.
This founder was known as Wolsin.
One created the Nation of Tech, known as Algereh.
This founder was known as Oyth.
One created the Nation of Peace, know as Illigia.
This founder was known as Aerol.
Each nation coined its name from the dragon that once inhabited them. It is unclear where these dragons have gone.

Aerol convinced them all to sign a treaty, and they even managed to switch to friendly terms.
But after four generations, the Treaty is riding on thin ice Algereh thinks they could easily wipe out Viserium, and Viserium believes they could wipe out Algereh.
Tensions between the two powerful nations are on the rise. And, to make matters worse, bandit activity and skirmishes in the wilderness are on the rise.

Extra Notes

Note: Public technology is 1980-era mixed with Sci-Fi Most Sci-fi tech is located in the Tech kingdom though
There is no elemental magic, instead, it will be a magic system of which will likely include a more in-depth explanation in the sign-ups
Additionally, every mythical species exists

There is also a system I created to decide what character would win in a battle if two people can’t decide

Magic System and Tech Overview

Firstly Contra’s Magic System

1. No Elemental Powers (Fire, Ice, and so on are not possible)
  2. There are three types of magic, Sigil, Arcana, and Potion
  3. Magic types can mix. For example, a spell can be considered both a Sigil and Arcana spell.

Sigil Magic

Sigil magic is the most valuable type of magic because it’s very well-paying and used a lot. Sigil magic can alter an object’s properties. Sigils on living things are forbidden.

Examples of basic sigils: Sigil of Durability would grant an object heightened durability

Sigil of Heat would make an object hot to the touch

It is very profitable because it takes a long time to master one sigil.

Arcana

Arcana is the most expansive and dangerous magic. It relies on condensed arcane energy, which is stored in a casting focuses. These casting focuses can be almost anything. A few individuals tap into their bodies to use as a focus. Additionally, some others use the arcane energy from fauna and flora around them. However, using arcane energy from living things is strictly forbidden since it can destroy those living fauna and flora.

Examples of Arcana can range from moving a cup a few meters to summoning a mansion.

Arcana takes a long time to learn, like sigil magic. However, unlike sigil magic, it is more versatile and is dispelled if the user is forcibly made unconscious.

Potions

Potions are great for an easy magic solution for a problem. Simple potions are easy to make as long as the individual follows the exact instructions. Higher potions, like body swap, would require a complex magic infusion to complete. Each magic infusion takes a long time to learn and is different for every high-tier potion. Lower potions only need their ingredients and the potion brewery.

Examples of lower potions are healing, speed, strength

Examples of high potions are long-lasting regeneration, Body Swap, and Accelerated Plant Growth

(You can decide what ingredients are used to make the potions that your character knows)

Tech Overview
This is a brief explanation of what tech makes sense for a character to have. Sci-fi is allowed for weapons and combat items. However, items such as cars and cell phones are still 1980, basically items that have little to do with combat.
If it’s something advanced, there has to be a reason the character has it. For example, taking the tech from Algereh’s lab or creating it themselves.
The more advanced it is, the more the character should be connected with Algereh.

Map

This is an old design of the map (a new one might be made soon) It was made by my friend SpaciousReality (Not on the forums so I can’t tag them but just to give proper credit)

Anyways!
Edit: The signup thread has been created for anyone who sees this and is interested
Go ahead and vote now

• I am interested in joining (but not tag)
  • I am interested in joining (please tag me)
  • Might join (but not tag)
  • Might join (please tag me)
  • Nah
0 voters
8 Likes

*thinking of continuing to work on this, would you still be interested?

cooltext354730725445554

To: The Red Queen of Africa
This war has no end until we participate.
I’m asking for those of your clan. Red and Gold will join us.
It is our duty to show those who resist our power.

A mix of K Project and the Hunger Games

The world is unknowingly ruled by seven Queens and Kings of Color. Known as the Kings of Color, they have a power bestowed upon them by a sanctified power of the angels from long ago. Each of them rule a continent and each of them have a power, but the power is not passed through procreation but instead from joining a clan. From strongest to weakest, Silver who controls gravity coupled with enhanced inteligence and controls North America, Gold who manipulated Illusions and controls South America, Red who controls heat and fire along with Africa, Blue that plays with ice and reside in Asia, Green who control with electricity in Australia, Orange who summon the weather in Europe and the Colorless who play in Antartica with sound. Each of them have their clans and have so far peacefully ruled alongside one another with sparse fights and disagreements.

But now, it is the time of battle and glory. In the agreement of the past clan leaders, if they were to have war, they would send members of their clan into an arena in a simple of game of Capture the Flag. The only twist is, if someone catches your flag, they kill you. It starts with two teams, the clans divided onto team one or team two. Then when one team defeats another, the winning team splits the teams into their own clan and fight one another. A game revered by all, a spectacle to be held. Watched by all, and what’s the point? The last clan standing is the most powerful, and they retain the power to rule over the others for the next one hundred years. You’ve now been selected to join the games, money and power stand for your victory, death and honor for your defeat. Which side will you end up on, the winning or the losing?

• Yes - Tag
  • Maybe - Tag
  • Maybe - No Tag
  • No
0 voters
1 Like

(repost because I messed up the poll)

The year is 2041, a decade since the virus broke out and turned what was once the united states into a deadly wasteland. It’s life and death out there with a bloodthirsty zombie always three steps behind. Food is scarce and medicine scarcer. But if a survivor is vigilant, they may find a haven of sorts. Few know of it, but those who do will risk life and limb to get there. Westview Mall, a three-story behemoth with all the resources their hearts could desire. A fully stocked food court, a pharmacy with shelves upon shells of medicine and bandages, and a warehouse with supplies and weapons galore. And on the tippy top of the mall is the Muerte motel where survivors can bunker down for hopefully safe night’s sleep.

But just because you managed to get into the place doesn’t mean it’s time to put up your boots and retire! The Mall is crawling with zombies at every corner and there are hundreds crowding up the parking lot. And not to mention the other survivors. Dozens have decided to take refuge in the mall and they might not take kindly to newcomers. And while there are plentiful resources, they are not going to last forever. Some will make allies, others bitter enemies Some will even try to take charge. Be wary of those who hide bite marks under their sleeves or those who have lost their minds. But whatever they do, they must stay vigilant. Because no matter where they are, this is the apocalypse. Anyone can go from a survivor to the walking dead.

TLDR: RP in a mall with zombies

Interested?

• Yes (Tag me)
  • Yes (Don’t Tag me)
  • Maybe (Tag me)
  • Maybe (Don’t Tag me)
  • No
0 voters
2 Likes

Alrighty, this is a little different than normal but yeah…

Prompt Eighteen into an SG!

Okay, so this was the last prompt on the prompt thread and I really liked the prompt and was wanting to continue it. So I was thinking of writing it as an SG but leaving it open for anyone to comment and vote on/answer questions. What do you think?

So, would you interested in this as an open SG?

• Yeah, I would
  • Maybe, I’d give it a read
  • Nah, not for me
0 voters

Those who liked/posted on the prompt:"
@elixr, @Tina.G

Online-ites:
@benitz786, @Caticorn, @Meekepeek, @astxrism, @unsungcheerio, @novella, @Bluecookies, @liyahsdiamond, @Konix, @WolfGamerGirl37, @raviola, @Cadborosa

6 Likes

Life was once normal for all who lived in and around the city of Solare, but one day, that all changed. What caused the storm, no one could be certain. A solar flare during a solar eclipse, some unintended result of the experiment occurring within the lab at the center of the city at that time, or perhaps the rare comet that passed by the earth at that very time had something to do with what happened. Whatever it was, there was no way anyone could have prepared for what was to come. The skies turned to unnatural shades of purple and green, great bolts of lightning struck, rain poured, and the wind blew through the city, but just as quickly as the unnatural storm came on, it dissipated, just as the eclipse was over. Many were injured, reported as missing, or even killed, but the greatest impact of the event, which would later be known as the cataclysm, wasn’t immediate.

Soon after the cataclysm, individuals with unnatural abilities began to emerge. Enhanced speed, super strength, and manipulation of electricity, just to name a few. As these enhanced individuals began to appear, crime rates rose, but with criminals came those who wanted to do good and now had the power to do something about it. In some cases, even the do-gooders couldn’t stop the criminals, but other times there was success. However, in either case, trying to stop the criminal caused more harm than the criminal had even done in committing the crime.

Fear, that’s what drove the research into these powered individuals. In the research, it was discovered that all enhanced individuals have one trait in common. They all have a large amount of what they called Quantum particles, in their body. However, there was no way to eliminate the Quantum particles, they were in the blood, bonding to the DNA, and the enhancement was permanent. To control the situation, a law was put into place, requiring that everyone in the city be screened for Quantum particles, and everyone, no matter the circumstances, with the Quantum particles in their system above the specified value would be placed into a camp, a prison just outside of the city modified for the situation, whether they exhibited any sign of enhanced abilities or not.

Hello everyone, here I am back with another RP idea!
Basically, this RP is centered around the individuals who have been ripped away from their ordinary lives and sent to this camp/prison for people who have developed powers due to the cataclysm. Not everyone in the camp may have developed their powers yet, but they will still develop them.
I will choose each character’s power, and unless there are any special circumstances, no 2 characters will have the same power.
and no, I do not know what those special circumstances may be. It depends on the power, characters, and if there’s a cool idea

And if someone wants to help me I will gladly take help. Just message me.

So is anyone interested?

• I’m interested!
  • Maybe, I’m still thinking about it
  • Sorry, I’m not interested…

0 voters

5 Likes

Star Seeker

KPOP.

A billion dollar industry that exploded from South Korea and spread internationally. Everyone wants to be an idol these days but do they have what it takes? Can they train daily, deal with harsh pressures of the Korean Idol industry and the harsh remarks of the fans worldwide? It’s not for the weak. Thousands of kpop groups debut each year but only the top 1% can become well known and loved, the rest fade in the background, never to be known and to be left with an insane amount of debt. However, it seems you’re different. One way or another you have landed yourself to be a trainee within STARBLACK entertainment. Some of you are new, others have been training for years. Some of you are popular pre-debut, some have debuted and still are unknown within the industry. Either way thanks to explosion of one of STARBLACK’s female girl groups, SOLAR, the entire company has been given more money and resources to put into their trainees, kpop groups and solo artists. But this also comes with higher standards and higher expectations and a new spotlight on many. Will you soar to be a world-renowed star or will you fall short?

so basically, you’re either a debuted kpop idol (soloist or within a group) or trainee within STARBLACK entertainment trying to navigate life and find your success. there will be a lot of drama and this is based on the current kpop industry and how tough it is. it’s going to be really detailed and I’m going to make it as immersive as possible with plenty of roles open to play. I’m still planning this out and want it to be fully planned out before I launch it so it can roll smoothly so depending on how much I procrastinate sign ups can open next week or sign ups can open months from now. DM if you’re interested in helping… If you have no clue how kpop or the kpop industry works DO NOT WORRY!! i’m writing a detailed guide.

• Yes, I’m in - Tag
  • Maybe - Tag
  • Maybe - No Tag
  • No - No tag

0 voters

in addition, seeing as this is based on the modern kpop industry, the culture of the industry and setting this rp may deal with some more serious (but following forum rules) topics in the industry such as misogny, xenophobia, online bullying, etc. these will never be promoted and they will be depicted as the negative actions they are. while each of the posts will have trigger warnings and adhere to forum guidelines I’d just like to forewarn that they may be present.

(sorry I had to redo the poll)

5 Likes

Ah, roommates. Aren’t they great? It’s always valuable to have a second (or even third!) pair of hands. You know, to help in the kitchen or clean a mess in the bathroom after a big party. For sure, having roommates would be more than a breeze, right? Friends for life, and all that cutesy stuff. Well…
A group of college students is about to see that having a roommate is the opposite of heaven. Broken glass, smelly socks, weird jars in the fridge are just a peek of what’s about to come. You can never be sure of your roommates’ weird quirks, annoying habits, and secret activities. After all, they always look so amicable when you meet them for the first time. But one night, you might open the fridge and find an empty bottle of your favorite beverage. For the love of God, that was my orange juice, Kevin!

Hello, my beautiful people! As you can see, the premise is simple. The RP is about roommates trying to cope with each other while also facing the pressure of adulthood. It’s supposed to be funny, relatable, and very chill! It doesn’t require an elaborate plot, dramatic characters, and lots of worldbuilding. I think that it’s a good start for new RPers. But the more experienced ones can have a fun time as well! Of course, if you want to have some more heavy elements added to your characters’ storyline, go for it! It could create some tension and thought-provoking dialogue. Basically, it is built to have this sitcom tone, which I think could be comedic and new-RPers-friendly!

Limit: 15 characters!

• I’d like to join
  • I don’t want to join
  • I maybe want to join
  • I’d like to help
0 voters
4 Likes

𝔼𝕩 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙

14 single contestants will have the chance to live for the next few months on a luxury island off the coast of Fiji. They think they are here to find someone they can form a romantic connection with or even just meet some new friends. Maybe some are using this for fame and the winning prize or some genuinely want to find someone to spend their life with. But there is a twist they don’t know about, their ex may just appear on the island with them also to mix things up.

So, how will this work? The first 14 contestants will be on a reality show to find love and potentially a cash prize. They don’t know about the twist of their exes coming to the island they just think they are going to be having the time of their lives.

• yes, I am interested
  • No, I am not interested
  • Maybe

0 voters

4 Likes

In a land of old, lives a land plagued by war. A war with savages, a war between kingdoms, and a war amongst its people.

The Forgotten Realm consists of five kingdoms: Augarith, Dupatta, Iravia, Kohl, and Xorin. The entire continent is at war with mysterious groups who continue attacking the Kingdoms. It’s unclear why or who they are, however, the groups seem to be working together, in some capacity.
Your character will be a part of a small group of thieves who live in Kohl. Each character has their own unique ability. Everyone’s opinion is equal and no official leader has been titled.
This SG will contain fighting, puzzles, riddles, and strategy, along with a carefully constructed plot that I will try my best to make interesting.

I know this doesn’t offer a lot of information, but a lot of this story depends on the characters you make. They will each have their own storylines and I also don’t want to spoil too much of the story. Here’s the slide for anyone who may want more information.

This will be a small SG (5-10 characters). There are 10 character archetypes altogether (though some can be combined), and if you show interest (how is stated below), you’ll be informed what those archetypes are. It may be a while before this gets going, but for now, I just want a group of people who are interested in actually joining this SG. If you’re interested, please send me a Private Message (PM) and I can tell you more about the SG, and we can discuss your character.
I’ll edit this post once I’ve received 10 messages. You can title the PM with anything, though preferably with "[Your Name] - The Forgotten Realm. If you already have a PM with me, please make a new one.
This is also a cooperate SG, so I do hope that everyone is comfortable with communicating their ideas. Please don’t feel discouraged at all, any idea is a good idea - probably. If you’re a new RPer, SGing is a good place to start off. Not only that, but it’s a good opportunity to focus on how your characters would respond and their personalities. Any questions you have I’ll be happy to answer, unless they’re spoilers, of course.
I know the way that I’m doing this isn’t conventional, so I thank everyone who is okay with the way that I’m doing this. Hope to see your messages soon. :slight_smile:
If there aren’t enough people by the time I have as much as possible planned, I will be hosting a sign up, as well.

@crazycaliope @Cadborosa @Littlefeets @sunflower.flow @benitz786 @CerealKiller
Thought I’d let you guys know that this is starting up again in case you’re still interested, no pressure, of course

8 Likes

several apparent strangers ~ multiple motives for murder ~ 1 dark and stormy day/night ~ ? bodies ~

WARNING!: Your character may die in this Rp. This is determined by if you’ve given another character a strong enough motive to want to kill you. So be nice, be kind, and don’t let the lights go out! :smiling_imp:

I request that the characters fit the Gothic mystery/horror genre! A short idea list is provided below but as long as the character fits into the genre, they’ll be approved! (That being said OC are allowed of course!!) Also if you want your character and someone else’s or even a small group to have had some past interactions/relationships, scandalous affairs, then I must insist that for the enjoyment/surprise of everyone else that you DO NOT SAY ANYTHING IN THE CHAT! If you wish to do this, simply send a PM to the person whom you want to have that backstory with, then when you’re both satisfied add me to it and I will approve it.

Idea list for inspiration:

Gothic Horror
  • Dracula
  • Johnathan Harker
  • Mina Harker
  • Any children of Dracula or Harkers
  • Dr. Jekell/Mr. Hyde
  • Dr. Victor Frankenstein
  • Frankenstein’s monster
  • Headless Horseman
  • Any character by Edgar Allen Poe
  • Etc
Clue
  • Col. Mustard
  • Prof. Plum
  • Mr. Green
  • Miss Scarlet
  • Mrs. Peacock
  • Mrs. White
  • Any children of these…Aliases :eyes:
World's Greatest Detectives
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Dr. Watson
  • Hercule Poirot
  • Perry Mason
  • Etc

Or create your own as these are merely suggestions/inspirations to help create your characters!

Each of them have been drawn to this house for a certain reason, maybe they want to investigate the reports of madness, the disappearances, or just the murders, maybe a few of them want to inquire about the mysterious letter saying the house once belonged to a relative, perhaps one of them maybe the mysterious caretaker of the estate, or they were blackmailed into coming, etc. Whatever the case, they all must have a reason to be here. The question that remains: Is someone behind all of this or is something much sinister going on inside those walls?

If anyone wants to help that would be great and really appreciated!

• Yes, I want to join!!
  • No, thanks.
  • It was a dark and stormy night
0 voters
6 Likes

I was thinking of something like Riverdale but everyone is a talking dinosaur.

I just thought it would be funnier and more entertaining that way. Though I will have to help people in choosing a dinosaur.

• That sounds cool to me!
  • I’m down with the teen drama aspect, not so much the dinosaur part
  • I want the dinos without the teenage drama
  • Needs more development before I am interested
  • Awful idea, don’t do it

0 voters

3 Likes

This is not a new idea, but my semester has ended so I should have more time and I wanted to gauge interest for this!

Are You the One?

Season Ten

This is the tenth season of Are You the One that I may be making! You do not have to have participated in any of the previous seasons to participate in this one; all the characters are new.

This RP is based off of the MTV reality dating show of the same name. Basically, each character is matched up with another character who is supposedly their perfect match and fits most of what they want in a partner. However, the characters (and the RPers) do not know who is matched with who. The characters will compete in challenges every week to determine which couples will be going on a date. From there, one couple on the date will be chosen to go into the truth booth, which will tell the characters if that couple is a perfect match or not. The next day, the characters will have a match ceremony and sit with the character they believe is their perfect match. Then they will be told how many perfect matches are sitting together. The RP will end once all the perfect matches are sitting together at the ceremony or after a certain amount of weeks has passed.

Pasted from: Are You the One? - Season Eight - Official Thread

Welcome to season eight of Are You The One, a reality show in which twenty-six competitors will compete in hopes of finding love and winning a million-dollar prize. All competitors will have a perfect match, but they will not know who it is, as their goal is to find their perfect match. This season takes place in Cape Town.

In this roleplay, each week will be three RP days. Each RP day will equal two days in real life. (Although I may change this if the RP moves very slowly or quickly)

During the first day, there will be a competition and there will be two (sometimes three and maybe only one) winners. The winners will be able to choose who they want to take on a date unless it’s one of the weeks where someone else chooses for them. (I am not sure if I will be doing that this season or not though) After the competition, all of the contestants will socialize in the house.

During the second day, the date will take place and the other contestants will socialize in the house. The rest of the contestants will also choose which couple on the date they want to send into the truth booth, which will reveal if the couple is a perfect match or not. The chosen couple will then get in the booth when they get back from their date and if they are a perfect match they will spend one last night with the other contestants before going off to the honeymoon suite. If they are not a perfect match, they will have to try to move on to continue on in the search of their perfect match.

During the third day, the contestants will socialize and get ready for the match ceremony at night. Each week either the girls or guys will have their pick of who they want to sit with at the ceremony. There will then be thirteen lights and every light represents a perfect match. The number of lights that are lit is how many perfect matches are sitting together at the ceremony.

There may be other events that take place during the days, such as parties and additional challenges.

The goal of the game is that by the end of thirteen weeks all thirteen lights will be on. If they are, the million-dollar prize will split in between all the contestants. If they are not, they will walk away with nothing.

Rules:
-Turn notifications on for this thread!
-Write at least 5-6 sentences per character!
-If your character is approachable, make them approach another approachable character, don’t just wait for some to approach your character or just post that they’re approachable if you know others are too!
-You must be active! (Please have about a conversation (at least five posts on your part in response to the same character) per character a day!)
-If you have multiple characters, do not neglect some of them and only focus on certain characters!
-Make sure to keep the roleplay dramatic, so add drama!
-If you are not active for longer than two days without letting me know beforehand, your characters may be put up for adoption! Your character can also be put up for adoption if I decide that you are not active enough! I will most likely be doing a warning system this season.
-Let me know if you are going away! (PM me or let me know in the sign-up/chat thread)
-No contact with the outside world is allowed. (Unless permitted by Terrence, the host, but you’d have to ask me first)
-No electronic devices are allowed unless they are already in the house like the TV, but there is nothing on the TV for the characters to watch.
-No books, music, animals, or most things from the outside world are allowed. (ask me if you are unsure if something would be allowed in the house)
-Characters may not leave the area of the house unless they have permission. (From me. For challenges, dates, etc)
-Once your character has found their perfect match in the truth booth and goes to the hotel, they will only be playable at the light ceremony.
-Sex is allowed (In the show there’s actually a room called the boom boom room which is in the roleplay), but obviously no graphic details! After clothes are off, either you take it to a PM or just time skip!
-Blur curse words!
-DO NOT share details about your characters with anybody else. The only thing you’re allowed to share is whatever is on the faceclaims. Do not share their personality or biography or interests or what they’re looking for in a person. The reason for this is that then it might be easier to determine who is a perfect match which ruins the whole point of the roleplay. The purpose is to discover what the other characters are like yourself instead of being told.
-When you roleplay, please try to stay with what you wrote and don’t change your characters’ personalities because if you do, their perfect match won’t be as compatible with them. If you need your character’s personality or bio or something, you can PM @Littlefeets, the matchmaker!
Do not tell me any information about your characters though. If you need anything else that doesn’t have to do with your characters’ personalities or the matches, PM me.
-If you are not writing in character, write OOC (Out of Character) or ORP. (Out of Roleplay) Blurring the OOCs is preferable. Try to avoid writing out of character and just type whatever you want to say in the sign-up thread/chat. I’m the only one that can break this rule.
-Do not advertise your own RPs/SGs/any of that on here or the sign-up thread!

If those rules are broken, some will make your character go up for adoption immediately, others will give you a warning or two before your character goes up for adoption!

Faceclaims: Click here!
House Tour/Map: Click here!
Sign-up/chat thread: Click here!

• I am interested! Tag me!
  • I am interested, but I don’t think I will be able to be as active as I need to be for this RP. Tag me anyway.
  • I am interested, but I don’t think I will be able to be as active as I need to be for this RP. Do not tag me.
  • I’m thinking about it, but tag me anyway!
  • I’m thinking about it, don’t tag me.
  • I’m not interested, do not tag me.
0 voters

Depending on how many people are interested, I may post the sign-ups in a few days and give people about two weeks to make their characters before the RP starts.

8 Likes

Sooo… I had an idea to run a forum D&D campaign. This would be for anyone, not just RPers. And if your character gets killed then you or another user can step in.

A D&D Campaign

There has been an announcement around the world, making everyone hyped and intrigued. A new virtual video game has sent out a challenge to any who are interested in attempting it to win ONE BILLION DOLLARS each. What’s the catch? Death! If you lose the game, not only will you lose any chance of winning the money, but it will lead to your actual death too.

If you accept the challenge, you will be virtually transported inside this new game and take on the persona of level one game character. Then you and three(?) others, also competing with you, must make it through the many many levels to beat the game and return to real-life; rich and alive!

So this will function like you’re playing D&D, but you don’t have to know anything about playing. It can be explained as you go.

Sooo…

Would you be interested in this?
  • Yes
  • Yeah, I could be
  • Yeah, I’ll have a look
  • Maybe
  • Maybe, will watch players first
  • Not sure
  • Nah, not really my thing

0 voters

1 Like

Hunger Games

The Hunger Games trilogy takes place in an unspecified future time, in the dystopian,[post-apocalyptic nation of Panem, located in North America, The country consists of a wealthy Capitol city, located in the Rocky Mountain) surrounded by twelve (originally thirteen) poorer districts ruled by the Capitol. The Capitol is lavishly rich and technologically advanced, but the districts are in varying states of poverty. Where people regularly die of starvation. As punishment for a past rebellion against the Capitol (called the “Dark Days”), in which District 13 was destroyed, one boy and one girl from each of the twelve remaining districts, between the ages of 12 and 18, are selected by lottery to compete in an annual pageant called the Hunger Games. The Games are a televised event in which the participants, called “tributes”, are forced to fight to the death in a dangerous public arena. The winning tribute and his or her home district are then rewarded with food, supplies, and riches. The purposes of the Hunger Games are to provide entertainment for the Capitol and to remind the districts of the Capitol’s power and its lack of remorse or forgiveness for the failed rebellion of the current competitors’ ancestors

While the plot will be slightly different and hopefully have a spin-off if we make it that far :pray: I’m gauging if people would like a laid back, slightly bloody Hunger Games RP. I’m planning to have it start mid-late July or early August.

• Yes
  • Maybe - tag
  • Maybe - no tag
  • no
0 voters

@OhSumana didn’t show pls revote :sob:

1 Like

Ok I know this is probably not the right place but I dont know where else to post this so that it is seen by a majority of the RPers on here. Anyway with a down fall in activity I want start an RP that will hopefully get people engaged. I have heard more than a few people say they just dont like the concepts that are being proposed as ideas. With that said I want to see what kinds of things people like in an RP and what they dont. The following link is a google form with just a few open ended questions to get a better idea or what everyone likes best. I plan on leaving this up for a bit and then taking this to try and make an rp that will keep online engagement numbers up or at least help numbers be a little bit better. I would really really appreciate if everyone could fill this out so we could get a solid idea.

9 Likes