Opinions on people saying feminism/men’s rights activism is stupid

I have a strong opinion about this subject, but I would also like to hear other sides

5 Likes

Both are important. Both genders are treated in different ways. We need equality

3 Likes

Yeah that is also my opinion. I am not a feminist nor men rights activist, but I do think that people are being treated differently because of their gender, which is sometimes in favour of men, other times in favour of women(speaking about 1st world countryes, mostly)

1 Like

I consider myself a feminist and I 100% think we need equality for both genders. If men aren’t being treated correctly, let’s advocate for them… if women aren’t being treated correctly let’s advocate for them… that’s how I think.

4 Likes

When people call themselves feminist they’re outrightly saying they want to fight for gender equality because women are being treated differently, they aren’t discriminating against men, they’re just pointing out where women are being treated differently.

If a man is being discriminated against and not being treated the same woman is being treated and it degrades his character, then you can advocate for him and yell gender equality.

5 Likes

The thing is people don’t understand the meaning of feminism, you don’t have to make the subject so deep and intense.

I believe every woman is a feminist because it means you believe women have rights to do certain actions. That is the whole meaning.

If you don’t believe that then, I don’t know what you are

1 Like

Nah, women can also be very misogynistic

2 Likes

bump!

Feminism is such a misunderstood concept. Most people think that feminism is about women crying and being overdramatic and becoming more powerful than men, when reality, we just want equality :upside_down_face:

@Discussions

What are your thoughts on feminism?
Do you consider yourself a feminist?
Can you be a feminist regardless of your gender?
What is your opinion about people saying feminism is stupid?

1 Like

I think feminism is a good thing. All feminism means is that you appreciate women and what we’ve gone through, so anyone can be one.

1 Like

I see feminism as wanting rights for BOTH genders. Like, I’m a men’s right activist as well as a women’s rights activist if I’m a feminist.

3 Likes

Some people think feminism is screaming in the streets about how women are superior and men can go to hell. It’s totally not that, to me feminism is just people that want both genders to be equal. And as long as someone supports that cause to me they’re a feminist regardless of their gender.

2 Likes

I find it weird when people are against feminism, do you not want equality for both genders? strange world

2 Likes

Exactly. But also this strange world contains racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia… There are many issues sadly. Really strange world…

1 Like

Intersectional feminism? Rad

Absolutely!

Looks at my own gender presentation

Yes

They haven’t done their research. People clinging to first or second wave feminism in the current era are cringe, but feminism as a theoretical framework is anything but stupid. It contextualises a form of prejudice and inequality in a very effective way with the use of patriarchy. Something that affects both men and women

1 Like

This is called intersectional feminism! It’s rad and thoroughly based

There’s already a word for this, misandry :joy: People are just wrong

3 Likes

Exactlyyyy feminism ain’t thattttt

1 Like

you can’t fight for something you already have that’s just problematic. men’s rights are important but they aren’t the problem. men’s rights is like all lives matter. maybe stuff is going on with your group too, but help the people who are doing worse first, they need it more.

men’s rights isn’t stupid, but i think focusing on advocating for it is.

feminism is defined as equality between the sexes. if you think equality is stupid, you’re stupid.

2 Likes

Feminism actually looks for equity, not equality. Let me explain, but first look at this picture (I think it speaks for itself).

This picture is the perfect example for equality vs equity. You can see three boys with different heights. The left one shows that giving the same to everyone won’t result in equality. But the right one, gives everyone what they exact need. Giving both genders want they need to be equal, is a very different thing to give everyone the exact same.

I hope I explained myself well

5 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks so much.

1 Like

WAIT OMG YOU KNOW THIS TOO WAIT WAIT

USE THIS ONE!!

4 Likes