Pet Peeves (LGBTQ+ edition)

As part of the LGBTQ+ community (I’m bi) I have many pet peeves, the main one being people denying my existance :joy: “bi people don’t exist you either like one or the other not both” like bruh

There are so many more peeves I have but what about you guys?

13 Likes

6 Likes

“i’m okay with gay people in the shows but there are too many

no. there are not too many lgbtq+ characters. you’re just passively homophobic

oh and let’s not forget the classic “pride is not needed”. f off!!

9 Likes

Or when they start with the whole “straight pride” thing

8 Likes

The fact we are never taught LGBT history. Marsha P Johnson and Stonewall, the history of ballroom culture, ancient societies that were openly accepting of gay couples… it’s literally erasure.

And as a questioning person please stop assuming, trying to guess or make fun of my sexuality. It’s already confusing to not know “what” you are, taking the p!ss really doesn’t help sorry for sounding angry I’m just tired of this

9 Likes

That people automatically think bi/pan people are attracted to every single person out there, nope, that’s not true at all but I still hear that too often

8 Likes

“Ew don’t wear that you look like a lesbian”

4 Likes

Me and my lesbian shoes :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Me and my lesbian soul

2 Likes

Me: comes out to my straight friend
Her: wait do you have a crush on me?
Me: bruh

6 Likes

“Asexual people don’t exist, you’re just highly selective” :joy:

8 Likes

When Netflix throws a souless, cynical gay character in the cast to get higher ratings.
The way any LGBTQ character was written in sitcoms like Modern Family or Will and Grace.
When people think all Lesbians have to be butch.
When people say they’re “concerned about how you’re going to have children” or some sh*t to justify their passive homophobia.
When people say Steven Universe isn’t good representation (It is, how bout y’all watch more than 3 episodes).
When people assume that Transgender people are automatically attracted to their biological gender and that’s why they transitioned.
When people use “gay” as another word for “cringy” or “stupid”.
Disney throwing in gay side characters who are either only on screen for one scene or only openly gay for 8 seconds at the end of the movie so that the press will talk about it and the queers will see their garbage.

8 Likes

I know! I went through a lot about my sexualitly. I came out to my “friend” as demi bi sexual and demi means that you only like someone until your close to them so she said “dont fall for me then”

3 Likes

Hdhabsisnskscbskshaizbjwdhhw

1 Like

i was like “well why would i?”

now im just lesbian :0

1 Like

Big mood

1 Like

There’s also
Me: comes out to my friend
My friend: friend2 is also gay, you should date!

2 Likes

Fun fact that friend was talking about my ex and we were really dating at the time so oop

1 Like

People constantly making me clarify if I’m gay or bi.

NO. I like both water and juice. Vanilla and chocolate. Blueberries and strawberries. Thank you

4 Likes

When people think asexual people don’t exist and they are all lying about their sexuality 🤦

Happy pride month y’all :grin:

6 Likes