🎨 picrew faceclaims

so… picrew

in case someone here isn’t familiar with picrew, it’s a website where artists upload character / avatar makers, and anyone can use them to customise their own characters.
and while i may have been away from the forums and from RPing, i did not stop making OCs, which lead me to spending a lot of time in picrew, making different versions of them. ngl, i’m kind of addicted to browsing through the site now.
now, i know RPs in these forums tend to favour real people faceclaims over drawn faceclaims, but i’m still curious about what you guys think about making your OCs in picrew so:

• have you guys used picrew for your OCs? (be it for RPs here or other purposes)
  • what are the pros and cons of picrew faceclaims?
  • would you be open to having more picrew faceclaims?
    • if so, would you prefer it if everyone used the same maker for an RP? or would it be okay to have different makers in the same faceclaim presentation?

in my case, i find that the variation of styles and features and how customisable it is helps me make my characters more accurately according to how i envision them, so that’s definitely very cool.
but some makers have very limited options *cough* skin tones *cough*, or sometimes i don’t vibe with certain art styles, so finding the correct picrew for a character vibe can be kinda hard.
still, i love using it because of how much liberty i have when making up how i want a character to look like.

@RPers

10 Likes

added tags~

And I’ve never used picrew for anything beyond that cute little among us thingamajig they had so I don’t have much stock on this topic at all :thinking:

It’d be interesting to use for rps that require drawn faceclaims though, I think it’d be cool to have a whole slide of just the same art style

7 Likes

it took me some time but
here are some examples of my characters in picrew! (if anyone wants to have a glimpse of the possibilities

different characters in the same avatar maker

picrew link

same character in different picrews

image image

1 Like

Bro I thought the first one was Chris for a sec

who says it isn’t

1 Like

Bro I’m like 90% sure it is but I don’t know your other OCs ycgwutegwtd

the eyebags raised the possibility

1 Like

I made my profile picture with picrew, and I like that it had enough options to make her actually look like me. :sunflower:

2 Likes

Sometimes I use picrew for my OCs but most of them are hard to make on picrew. Sometimes I use picrew to come up with designs for OCs. Not often, most of them are hard to make on picrew.

1 Like

If anyone likes chibi/anime artstyles this was a fun doll maker used by an author I followed to illustrate her ocs: http://www.dreamself.me/clothes.php?action=view&id=0

3 Likes

owo i’ve seen more people getting into making picrews of their characters so
bump?

Oooohhh

ooh i’m glad this one was opened and unarchived :3

i just made picrews for my HoC characters so if anyone wants to see

Carmo

Xinyi

Yasu

source

5 Likes

i love you