Problematic anime characters

There are quite a few anime characters that are problematic, for starters any character that exists to sexualise children is just a big no.

I found an article that lists some popular anime characters that get away with doing bad and questionable things either because they’re cute/attractive or just being shown as the good guys. I’ll link it, feel free to read it and agree/disagree with them and also feel free to list your own.

@AnimeNerds

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/popular-anime-characters-hated-overrated/amp/

I don’t really agree with Naruto being a problematic character. I’d say Sasuke and Sakura are more problematic than him. I also don’t agree with the others on the list, except maybe for Bakugo, Mineta, Taiga, and Miki. These characters didn’t sit well with me but I can see why people like them.

1 Like

I don’t know most of the people on the list except for Mineta and Bakugo. I’m honestly glad both of them are on the list, they are pretty toxic/problemtic. Although Mineta is overhated, the fact of the matter stands he is still a pervert and has harassed female characters. And Bakugo is a whole 'nother mess I don’t even want to bother getting into. I just wish Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins was on here because he’s worse than Mineta when it comes to the perverted case.

3 Likes

Isn’t Mineta the one with the weird head balls who’s a perv?

Yes

1 Like

We don’t like pervs.

1 Like

Agreed. However, I don’t like the mass hate Mineta gets compared to other severely perverted characters in Anime.

1 Like

I really need to watch that.

1 Like

A Silent Voice - Hospital Scene (English Dubbed) - YouTube
Naoka Ueno - Album on Imgur

Naoka Ueno. She’s genuinely a sh!t person. So much to get into, so little time to explain.

2 Likes

What anime?

Honestly, I hate to say it…Lucy Heartfilia is kinda useless without her keys.

A Silent Voice.

Yeah, I get it. I mean, he’s actually pretty smart. If only he didn’t use that intelligence to perv on the girls.

1 Like

Bakugo too. He’s gotten a lot better in the later seasons. Like how he helped protect his team during the training with 1-B. I hated him at first, but now I like him somewhat.

Lucy was just there to be sexualized tbh. Another reason why I stopped watching Fairy Tail

1 Like

Oh, and Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins is just disgusting to me

I agree. I still liked her, though.

1 Like

That’s fair. I did like Gray, though

1 Like

More fanservice, lol. But yeah, Grey was cool. (The pun-)

1 Like

For real, but he felt like the only decently developed character there

1 Like