Ragnarök: The New Gods Sign-ups and Chat

The winter wind howled and whipped through the trees underneath the shining aurora, it was a soft green with pinkish hues, gently swaying in the sky. A one eyed old man sternly waited, gazing out across the water anxious for her return. Suddenly an old woman appeared behind him.

“You, are late. Where were you?” His stormy grey eye remained watchful on the horizon.

The old woman with long white hair draped across her shoulders like a blanket of snow, appeared tired as if years of wisdom weighed heavy on her heart. “Husband, the omens are clear and I have foreseen battle like no other that shakes the realms.”

The old man turned slightly, still looking out at the aurora overlooking the snow-capped evergreen forests of Norway, “Ragnarok,” He muttered, the word hanged heavy in the air like a foreboding storm cloud.

“We needn’t fear, my husband. I have sought help from old…friends, from across the realms. Völvaheim was tricky but they agreed to help us face the threat,” The old woman explained with a hint of hope.

The stern old man laughed heartily, “Those old druids? How could you possibly convince them of anything, much less to help us? Besides, even with their help it would not be enough.”

The old woman smiled slightly, “Husband, must you think so little of me?” She teased before gathering her composure for what she was about to say next, “The others and Nitenheim, have also agreed to help-” Before she could continue the old man fully turned around and faced his wife.

“YOU WOULD DARE DEFY YOUR KING?! NITENHEIM IS FORBIDDEN!”

“YES I WOULD!” She sighed, “I am tired of watching them die, of watching our son die, of us fighting this battle millennia after millennia, losing more times than winning. I am trying to change our fate.”

The old man stared at his wife intently, “You know as well as aye, there is no changing fate. If one were to manage to, the consequences would be…worse.”

~ Meanwhile… ~

A neatly trimmed man in his mid to late thirties looked in the mirror as he fixed his hair and tie. “Tell me brother, how have the expeditions been going? Have you found anything of interest?” Another man dressed neatly with a semi-formal dress shirt and blue jeans replied with small smirk,

“Nothing that concerns us or…them, if that’s what you’re worried about, brother. If we do, you’ll be the first to know.”

The suit dressed man nodded curtly, “Excellent, and my dear. How goes the media business? Anyone else poking around where they shouldn’t?”

A beautiful woman strode into the room from the doorway, wearing a long vibrant blue dress with gold trim. Her golden curled hair rested on her shoulders. She took off her heels, “It is going well, as for that last journalist he’s been…disposed of. Discreetly, of course. Nothing will trace back to us.”

The suited man finally stepped away from the mirror and smiled, “Excellent, just excellent.” As they continued their discussion, a news anchor faintly spoke in the background.

“This just in, people are praising what appears to be an act of God…” The suited man stopped dead in his tracks, his face turned cold, “Rewind that and turn it up.” He commanded, “NOW!” His brother did exactly that.“This just in, people are praising what appears to be an act of God. Today in Norway, a man was struck by lightning despite there not being a single storm cloud in the sky. However, instead of dying to his injuries, he was treated by Doctors Without Borders who were in the country at the time. They reported that miraculously before official treatment the man showed no signs of injury at all. More on this story at the scene.” The suited man turned to his wife, “Go investigate this claim and any others like them.”

His brother laughed, “Listen to them, these humans, ‘an act of God’, please, Thor, Freya, Loki, Frigga, Odin, we killed them all ages ago.” Swiftly without warning the suited man grasped his brother’s throat and lifted him into the air, “Have you forgotten that fate or time or whatever you wish to call it, does not let one side go too far. We have been fortunate to have gone this long.” His brother, struggling in his grasp managed to speak, “Fate be d*mned, we have won time and time again. This time will be no different.” The suited man chuckled before hurling his brother out the window. He wiped his hands and turned to his wife, his voice stern and cold, “If this is an act of God, Find. Out. Which. One. We can not afford to be careless. Fate will have her due.”

Rules
  1. Please do not make more than one of each type of god/goddess. If you have one thunder god/goddess leave the rest for someone else who might want to make one.

2. S*x is allowed, but fade to black after clothes come off.

3. Must make at LEAST one god and one goddess, so everyone has one of each to better balance the ratio. After that you can make as many as you want.

4. Please post at least once a week as life happens, of course. Also please try to make it at least a few paragraphs with some description. I will add some pictures of locations as you all travel throughout the realms to aid in descriptions as well.

Character form

Name: (god/goddess name)
Sexuality:
Pantheon: (choose from: Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Celtic, Hindu, Chinese, Japanese, Persian, Aztec)
Powers/abilities:
FC:
Personality:
Bio:

Tags

@Tellyg47
@phnx
@OhSumana
@idiot.exe
@Mouschi
@Tina.G

5 Likes

Can we make both characters from same pantheon or do they have to be from two different ones?

3 Likes

They can be from the same one! I just added the others for variety so there would be a lot of options to choose from. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Alright, thanks. The FCs would be pictures of the god/goddess right?
And do we have to reserve?

3 Likes

The FC’s are pictures of your character and below them put a picture of their “godly” form.

Yes, to avoid confusion it would be best if we all reserve!

3 Likes

I’ll reserve one God from Hindu pantheon and The goddess form Greek pantheon then.

3 Likes

Alright! I’ll note it down. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Can I reserve a Egyptian god and an Aztec goddess :eyes:

3 Likes

Yes, you can!

3 Likes
Katrina Ingrid Campbell

Name: Katrina Campbell (Brigid)

Sexuality: Straight

Pantheon: Celtic

Powers/Abilities: Katrina can speak Gaelic, English, and upon receiving her power can now speak Old Gaelic, Old Irish, and the “Old Tongue” as well. As a goddess of healing and fire, she can heal wounds and is one of the few who can hold the Eternal Flame without being hurt having been the keeper of the Celtic form: The Eternal Flame of Kildare. She can inspire people with poetry renewing their will during battle (D&D’s Bardic Inspiration ability)

FC:

Personality: Katrina is a bit shy and soft spoken rarely raising her voice, even when angry or upset. She will treat people, strangers she barely know, like family and protect them as such…once she warms up to them which usually won’t take too long. She especially loves children and the mothers who care for them.

Bio: The birth of Katrina Ingrid Campbell was one of tragedy and loss. Born in America to a Scottish woman and American man who were deeply in love, however a complication during delivery led to severe bleeding and the death of her mother. Her father, pushed out of the room during all the commotion paced back and forth until a nurse came out carrying his newborn daughter with a somber expression strewn across her face. Overwhelmed with grief and anger over the sudden and unexpected death of his beloved wife, her father uttered a single phrase that changed the fate of her life forever…“Put her up for adoption.”

A month had passed and quite a few couples had interviewed to bring home this little red-haired bundle of joy. Social Services finally settled on Ingrid and Douglas Smith, a Scottish couple who mentioned in their interview wanting to take the baby back home to Scotland and raising her as their own, teaching her the language of her ancestors and about her heritage, so she can be proud of who she is. They decided to keep her name to respect her birth mother but give her a middle name, so that she could keep them close and would always feel a part of their family.

When she was told about what happened to her mother, Katrina knew right away she wanted to be in medicine. When she graduated High school, she declared her major to be in medicine, or more specifically Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM). It was her first year at college that she met…him. Callum was a college sophomore taking the same honors class as her. They met during a group assignment and after a few long study nights with coffee, he gathered his courage and finally asked her out on a “real” date. She replied with a soft smile that she’d been waiting for him to ask. After a year, he asked her to move in with him. Then 2 more years passed, after her graduation ceremony, he proposed and she said yes.

After graduation, she was invited to join a prestigious nursing program that assisted Doctors Without Borders, she accepted and was sent to Norway where her life changed forever…

2 Likes

Oh we have to use real fcs? Not art ones?

2 Likes

No! You can! It’s just habit, I guess. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great. You see I’ve already picked out some FCs.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!! I can’t wait to see them.

2 Likes

Kinda want Thor to be Chris Hemsworth and none of it was CGI, and the producers just rolled with it :joy:

3 Likes

The process of MCU becoming canon event.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

Robbie Coltrane Drinking GIF

2 Likes

Woohoo! Finally figured out my god!! :grin:

2 Likes

Cookies, if the God I choose has a title like King or Commander or something like that, is that included in their powers and abilities?

2 Likes