Random Opinions

Well since an unpopular opinion may not be unpopular, we can call them random opinions because who knows?

Okay, I’ll start.

I don’t understand the romanticisation of wearing a guy’s shirt to bed or around him, I find that so weird because first of all, I don’t own the guy and second of all, I’m more comfortable wearing my own clothes than wearing a guy’s shirt. This whole thing makes me uncomfortable AF and I hope I don’t ever find a guy that would make me wear his shirts. I just don’t find it cute, same with guys who think having more s3x will bring you closer to them, intimacy brings you closer not ONE thing.

Also, s3x isn’t for everyone!

2 Likes

Added tags to this thread. (wink)

Also, @Discussions, got any random opinions to share?

2 Likes

To a certain extent, I completely agree with you. I’m not a romantic in the slightest and I don’t like romance in my real life. Yes, I like to write it, but as for read/watch/experience, it’s not for me. And one thing I hate more than general romance, is people who think intimacy and romance are the same. They can be, yes, but not the way the public sees and treats romance. How we view it in films is how most people fantasise and believe intimacy and/or romance should be.
For me, it’s not the case. My partner and I don’t need to hold each other to feel close. We can hang out, hold a conversation, or even joke around, and we feel that chemistry and connection. He’s my friend as well as my partner. Sometimes it’s just knowing that the other person is there for you when you need it.

On the subject of wearing a guy’s shirt, as seen in most heteronormative rom-coms, I don’t mind doing this so much. One reason is 'cause I’ve always found clothing that is directed toward “males” far more comfortable. In fact, the number of “male” shirts I’ve bought in my life for ME is a lot. The second reason is 'cause when I go over to my partner’s, I find it more comfort to sleep in one of his tees than in nothing at all. And it’s just easier to borrow his rather than to cart an extra one of mine round there. HAHA. So yeah, I do it for comfort not 'cause I’m wanting to be cute or recreate a film fantasy.

That’s fair, it’s not for everyone.
Although, speaking as someone who has/enjoys it, it really does blow my mind. (smirk)

3 Likes

Not just in rom-coms but like in reality, my first boyfriend used to make me wear his shirts and when I refused, he got offended. I personally disliked the concept and not because it triggers that memory, I just don’t feel comfortable wearing someone else’s clothes. If you’re okay with wearing your partners’ shirts, fair enough. But what I’m trying to say is that I feel the romanticisation is just strange to me; especially the fact that I dislike wearing oversize t-shirts (or anything with sleeves). The only exception for me will be oversized hoodies because I find them more comfortable than an oversize band shirt or button up shirts. If you’re comfy, cool.

Hehe if you enjoy it, fair enough but what I was trying to say is at this day and age, seems like guys (either online or in person) are just after ONE thing and that scares me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a big part of a relationship but it’s not really important to have sex all the time. Especially when I’m upset, sex doesn’t work for me.

2 Likes

Sex work is work

It baffles me that people think it’s not a ‘real’ job. I don’t care if someone wants to have an OnlyFans account as long as the person isn’t underage or forced to have an OnlyFans account.

Also, I’m currently working as a cat sitter which is also a real job. I don’t understand why people think it isn’t even though you get paid to look after cats. I enjoy catsitting, better than my previous job where the co-workers who had nothing better to do but put me down because of my age and put others down for not having a job when their job is to help people look for jobs.

3 Likes

Just saw this dude on TikTok saying how women want a guy that’s over 6 feet, and I’m sitting there thinking… we don’t ALL want the 6’7 dude. Some of us prefer the 5’5 guy with charisma and swagger down pat. Height isn’t what makes someone attractive to me. It’s a combination of various things.

1 Like

if i may reply as a… sorta-guy who likes seeing people wearing their clothes

Cam is very rambly

[DISCLAIMER: i’m aroace, i experience alterous attraction but not romantic or sexual, so my perspective here may be a bit different]
to me it’s just a sorta “o f*ck they look cute” thing, like i’m not the biggest person out there ( ← understatement, i’m a hobbit) but a combination of me wearing slightly oversized clothes and the fact that 2/3 of the people i’ve been into in the past… 5 years? have been smaller than me… well i just find it cute to see them in clothes that are definitely too big for them, it doesn’t really have to do w the fact that it’s my clothes, it’s more the fact that the person i’m into is really cute and wearing something outside what they usually do highlights that in a way
also there’s the smell thing, i love when my clothes smell like the people i love, it’s just a real comforting thing to me
i do have to note tho, i’m also the kinda dude who will definitely take off their jacket/sweatshirt/coat/whatever off for anyone who may need it more than i do, i don’t usually mind the cold, and seeing people i’m not into in my clothes has absolutely no effect on me

that said, no one should force anyone to wear something they don’t want, that’s just a red flag imo

i COMPLETELY agree with this

agreed with both

2 Likes

Facts. There is more to life than heights, I personally prefer shorter guys because it’s convenient for me.

I’m a little confuse on that one, did you mean wearing their own clothes or them wearing your clothes?
And yes, I totally agree with you, no one should be forced to wear something they don’t wear. As I’m speaking from experience, I just hate the idea of wearing a guy’s t-shirt or button up shirt because I’m not a fan of baggy clothes (hoodies are fine, as long as it’s mine) and plus, my ex boyfriend (back in 2017-2018) used to make me wear his clothes and when I refuse, he used to insult me and somewhat fantasied me about being slim with no b00bs which caused me to suffer from bulimia.

ah mb i meant them wearing my clothes
honestly i’m sorry your bf put you through all that bs, you deserve so much better

1 Like

Oh okay, I get it now.

I’ve escaped from that nightmare a long time ago.

Lol, I literally made a rhyme! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

lmao nice
and i’m glad you could escape from that

1 Like

I’d be d3ad if I didn’t leave

1 Like

i’m really sorry you had to go through that

1 Like

Honestly, it even sucked that I got blamed for escaping. That’s my biggest pet peeve, victim blaming someone for being in an abusive relationship.
No one chooses to be abused.

1 Like

i’m so sorry
you deserved so much better

1 Like

Thanks Cam

I’m just better off on my own tbh.

1 Like

Anyone with ADHD shouldn’t be on medication, it’s not a bad thing to have ADHD

1 Like

Depends on the person. I have a friend with ADHD and she’s really happy and finally getting back on it to help her.

1 Like

Gotta disagree with this one because it can actually be very debilitating depending on how it affects someone

3 Likes

I don’t know if you can get on any medication for ADHD in the UK (maybe I’m wrong) but I wouldn’t risk it since I got the diagnosis.

Debiliating? I guess you’re right at this point. Then again I guess it depends on who needs it. Definitely can’t get medication for autism, I don’t agree with that.

2 Likes