RP Character Challenge

10 days. And I’ll give a reminder on Saturday too.

3 Likes

Rad

2 Likes

Woah, ok I knew there’s been something I’ve been forgetting…
I’m so sorry guys, I’ll post the poll a week from now, since there’s not any entries in yet.

So here’s a reminder for challenge 2, @RPers

7 Likes

Oop, yay for the extension because I forgot about this )): I’ll have a character in soon

2 Likes

Nobody submitted a character for challenge 2… so there won’t be a winner, and I will start challenge 3 now. If nobody joins for challenge 3 then this will have to be canceled…

Challenge 3: Create a character that is transgender

Create and post a character here that is trans. MtF, FtM, it doesn’t matter. They may be be in any stage of transition, or even in a case of not having told anyone of their desire to not be their assigned gender.
You must include in your character sheet what gender they were assigned at birth, and what gender they identify as.

@RPers

3 Likes

Would you like reminders to join?

• No extra reminders needed for me.
  • Daily reminders
  • Every other day
  • On Saturdays
  • Another answer (say when below)

0 voters

1 Like

Name: Katie Cranston
Background: Katie knew she was in the wrong body very early on. Her parents noticed that she always favored more feminine things like dolls over the trucks and action figures they’d given her. When she hit puberty at age ten, she began to go into a depressive state, figuring out she was trans with help from her parents. She was put on puberty blockers and is going to begin HRT(Hormone Replacement Therapy) at fifteen. She had an older brother named Tyler, who is a bit overprotective, which Katie isn’t a fan of, but she knows she has good intentions. She also has a tuxedo cat named Oreo, and a Beta fish named Saphire. She loves makeup, despite not being the greatest at applying it. She once did her mom’s makeup, with hilarious results. She is great at skateboarding, having done it for as long as she can remember.
Personality: Katie is very energetic, always on the go and never sitting still for long. She’s always smiling, overjoyed that she can finally be who she was supposed to. She’s very mature for her age, knowing what will happen when she starts HRT, and she’s ready. She also loves to make people laugh, and has a joke or pun for almost any situation.
Additional Information: Loves dresses and beanies and is great at skateboarding.
FC:

3 Likes

Name: Alicia Orsini

Background:
Alicia’s birth was a mistake that much she knows, but she wasn’t supposed to ever learn about it and her parents have both been insistent in not letting her learn more than the absolute necessary things. After years of searching for answers, she concluded her parents simply didn’t want anything to do with one another, and a child like her made it impossible for them to deny any past connection. Not when her father insisted on seeing her at least once a week, despite her living with her mother through most of her life. Only visits, though, her mother would not allow more than that.
Despite living with her mother all her life -due to her claims that her father was probably too irresponsible to properly raise a child-, it was obvious that she resembled her father the most, both in looks and personality ever since she was a toddler (much to her mother’s dismay). Her weekly visits to her father’s place quickly became her favourite part of the weekends, when she could be herself without any fear of judgement, opposed to the well behaved kid she tried to be at her mother’s place, hoping she would resemble her father a little less that way, as to not upset her mother.
Not that her being like her father was the only thing that would upset her mother. At age ten, and in the process of attempting to be a good big sister to Merlin, a baby girl her mother had with another man a year after Alicia was born, she began noticing how the two of them were treated differently. Namely, how Merlin was treated as a girl while she wasn’t, as she had been assigned male at birth. The first time she brought this up to her father, it was met with silence, but also a certain openness from her father, allowing her to explore how she wanted to be perceived by others, and how she saw herself. Two years later, she approached her dad, asking if it was possible for her to really be a girl. That prompted the first meeting between her parents in six years. Many visits to a therapist later, she was diagnosed with gender dysphoria, giving her the chance to start to slowly transition at the age of thirteen. And while it took her mother some time to wrap her head around the idea that her eldest son was actually her daughter, both her parents came to support her through her social -and later on physical- transition.
Middle school was a time of experimenting for the first time. Not only with her social relationships, but with who Alicia wanted to be without constant supervision. That, however, backfired on her. Her first time not having to meet her mother’s expectations made her a people pleaser for a couple of years. Getting the approval of people gave her a high she couldn’t get in any other way, and because of that, she began pushing herself to be the girl everyone wanted her to be: the perfect A+ student, the friend who was there no matter what, the person who’d go along any stupid plans without complaining, no matter how stupid they were, and at the end of her second year, she began developing anxiety when it came to voicing her own opinions.
Luckily for her, she managed to grow out of that with the help of Merlin and her parents, who encouraged her to embrace herself for who she was. That, and having her sister attend to the same school, made the bond between them strengthen despite them having almost opposite personalities. Merlin gave her a reason to better herself, and soon enough, the two of them were engaging in competition with any topic that was brought up, while also making Alicia develop a protective streak when it came to her sister. She had to fight for her place in the world, and her sister had helped her with that, so she was going to make sure that this world of hers was the best possible place for Merlin too.
One thing Alicia did not lose when she shed her people pleaser persona, though, was how overachieving he had become. Doing well in school and other activities seemed to bring her closer to her mother, to make their relationship better, but whether it was because she made her mother proud of because she was finally more comfortable with herself -and thus opening up more- Alicia wouldn’t know until later on in her life. What she did know at the moment was that her goal was to get into the Paris College of Art, and she was going to do her absolute best to achieve it.
That she did. Now, after years on HRT, having graduated with honours and being admitted to the Paris College of Art, Alicia is ready to face this new challenge up front, and flaunt just who she is. That is, the future Summa Cum Laude at her program.

Personality:
Alicia has had to fight to be where she is now and it shows. It shows in her confidence and stubbornness, in how she knows her worth and is ready to do whatever it takes for getting where she wants, in how she won’t take a no for an answer in the things that really matter. However, she’s far from spoiled: everything she’s gotten in her life is a product of her hard work, either her own or team work with her family; whenever she wants something she focuses on getting it, no matter how much effort she has to do. With time she has become more and more resourceful, which has facilitated a lot of things for her. She’s proud of what she has achieved, and she’s proud of how she has achieved it all, and so far, nothing’s been able to take that away from her. Still, she’s far from getting all the resources and knowledge she needs to be completely pleased. Lucky for her, she’s proved to be a quick learner.
She’s gentle and sweet to everyone she meets, and she means it -at least most of the time-. However, she can’t stand awkward silences, which can put off some people, seeing how talkative and inquisitive she is, which sometimes clashes with her goal of making people feel comfortable around her. There is no reason for her to be rude towards anyone, or so she thinks, but that doesn’t stop her from defending herself whenever someone tries to disrespect her.
Many people would say she’s an open book, and that’s the image she has worked hard on fabricating, but in reality no one outside her family really knows who she is, she doesn’t want to seem weak in any way, and as far as she’s concerned middle school never happened, so she didn’t develop anxiety, nor she has a hard time dealing with rejection -at least that’s what she’d say, mostly to herself, in an attempt of making herself believe that-.
Most people see only the first layer of her, the outgoing, free-spirited, bubbly girl; not overachieving perfectionist or the kid who was too afraid to be herself once. And that’s how she plans to keep it.

Additional Information:

Her mother gave her this necklace as a sign of reconciliation between the two of them after she opened up about her issues with her

|126px;x96px;

She recently got this tattoo

|161px;x115px;

FC:

Sophie Giannamore

8 Likes

Just a reminder:
@TheDancingFryer @CrazyCaliope @CerealKiller @LunaticLeviTheSecond

3 Likes

Reminder that I apparently need reminders myself:
@TheDancingFryer @CrazyCaliope @LunaticLeviTheSecond @CerealKiller @katabasis

3 Likes

Due to forgetting to post reminders, would everyone like an additional week? I can either post the poll on Tuesday as planned, or I can push it to the next Tuesday and give another reminder on Saturday.

Extra week to submit?
  • Yes please! More time!
  • No, post the poll Tuesday so the new challenge can be posted next Saturday.

0 voters

@RPers

1 Like

Reminder:
@TheDancingFryer @CrazyCaliope @LunaticLeviTheSecond @CerealKiller @katabasis

1 Like

can a character that was born as female and transitioned to being non-binary be entered?

2 Likes

Yes. That can be allowed.

2 Likes

Name: Kendall Page

PERSONALITY:
Kendall grew up in an upper middle class family, fairly privileged. They never were fully spoiled, but got used to having everything handed to them on a silver platter. Kendall looks at the world less of a world full of possibilities, but more of like a vessel for them to pave their way and make themselves a big name. They tend to be confident, self-assured, and a little bit sassy. Kendall has a lot of opinions, and tends to hold their ground with them. They’re like a real life brick wall.

BACKGROUND:
Kendall grew up in an accepting and loving family. They always realized they were different, as they never understood the concept of gender. They were born in a female body, but never felt completely feminine. At age 19, Kendall came out as non-binary to their family (who they was close with), their best friends, and their boyfriend (now husband). They all loved and supported them unconditionally. Following a childhood dream they had, Kendall opened a candle business with custom scents delivered to your doorstep. It was fairly successful, and Kendall became very engrossed in their business. When Kendall was 27, they decided to adopt a child with their boyfriend. Soon after though, Kendall grew tired of being a parent. They had a one year old girl named Lucy, and their husband was always at work earning money so he could never be around. After a year of non-stop parenting and constant working, Kendall had enough and decided they were ditching their parenting duties for at least a week to enjoy peace and silence in the Misty Meadows, a hidden spa covered in thick bushery and a musty fog that hugged the place. Kendall needed a restart from all the built up stress they had from Lucy, because as much as they loved her, sometimes it was all too much.

for the mistifying roleplay

5 Likes

I like your character @TheDancingFryer… but I’m sorry they can’t be used for the challenge. They are a preexisting character from an RP… which is against the rules of the challenges…

3 Likes

ohhhh, sorry I didn’t read that part :eyes:

3 Likes

It’s alright. Just check back over the requirements next time. I’d still love to see you come up with a new character for the challenge though!

2 Likes

ok, I’ll do that!

3 Likes