RP Character Challenge

hehe you thought you were smart

1 Like

son stop bolying me in a public place

1 Like

sowwy mommy

1 Like

Challenge 3: Voting

Here’s the poll to decide which of these characters created will be the third challenge winner.

The choices are Katie created by @Ouijaloveletters and Alicia by @Cam So vote for your favorite below!

• Katie
  • Alicia

0 voters

@RPers

1 Like

Challenge 3: Results

The winner of this challenge, to create a transgender character, is… Alicia created by @Cam!

Congratulations @Cam your character was amazing!

5 Likes

Challenge 4: Create a character of Asian descent

It doesn’t matter what Asian country, or if the character has even lived in that country or not. You have complete freedom in your character, but the character must be of Asian descent in some way.

@RPers

10 Likes

skbhcfdbvfd ???
thank youuuuuuuu :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Can I create a character here and then submit it for an SG or RP about a day or so later?

1 Like

Yes that would be fine.

1 Like

Wicked (wink)

1 Like

Okay, here goes…

Name: Chandra Joshi
Sexuality: Queer Refuses to use any other term for themself

Background:
Born in Nepal, Chandra Joshi spent most of their life there. A reasonable life, not one to complain. None of the luxuries that children from many other countries had, however, what you don’t know you don’t complain about. Then as a teenager, the 2015 Christmas Day disaster occurred. That Earthquake. That Earthquake that took far too many lives, including those of their family, leaving only Chandra still standing (so to speak). A rescue team found Chandra, under what used to be their bedroom wall, and they were lucky enough to be safe. Safe in a temporary shelter. After two weeks there, the teenage orphan was grouped with many others in the position and distributed (like the post) around the First World.
Chandra landed in America, fostered and later adopted by two women. A different life, one they separated from Nepal, and grew to love it. Living this second life, Chandra discovered who they were here and who they wanted to be. Not that they were the biggest fan of labels, but they knew who they were and wore it with pride.

Personality:
Chandra Joshi is a humble, hardworking, and incredibly kind towards those who may need it. Biting their tongue if things get heated, avoiding partaking in any conflict and only watching from the sidelines. Except when it comes to religion or anything related to Nepal, they will say something, even getting quite aggressive. Chandra isn’t a practising Buddist, but in respect of the family they lost, they still have that faith.
This very respectful individual can be rather credulous, believing many of the rumours and gossip that is told to them. This makes their study a little harder, as it’s a little more difficult sorting the facts from the stories when studying Egyptology, Classics, and History. As well as all that, Chandra can be hypocritical too. They’ll be commenting on others doing certain things while denying that they’re doing the same thing.

FC:

4 Likes

That’s not a nose ring. That’s a nose hoop. I love it.

1 Like

damn, they be looking gooood :eyes:

1 Like

Hehehe. Thank you.

1 Like

They’re joining Brooke’s SG.

1 Like

Just a reminder @RPers the poll goes up on Tuesday, if there’s more than one submission, so get your character in soon if you want a chance for them to win!

6 Likes

can i submit a character that’s intended for another RP?
say, i’m making this chara with the rp in mind but they fit the prompt and i have not yet submitted them for the RP

2 Likes

You can, I did. I just submitted them here first and then submitted it for the SG the next day.

1 Like

gotcha! thanks!

2 Likes

Hello, this is my attempt :eyes:

Name • Kristine Durano
Gender • Female
Sexuality • Fluid Sexuality
Age • 22

BIOGRAPHY

Living in the more southern parts of the Philippines, somewhere in the island of Mindanao, Kristine had both a decent but lonely life. Her mother and father got separated when she was a child; her mother went to Kuwait to work for her needs, while her father left to Cebu when he got married to his new lover. Kristine’s father would have brought her with him there, but the then-young child refused in the defense that she was more comfortable under the care of her mother even though she was away. This scarred her father’s pride, almost not keeping in contact for months if it weren’t for her step-mother convincing him. Kristine and her father’s family were fortunately in a good condition—her father had a good taste in choosing good women.
Having both her parents away and being left in her homeland with only her grandmother and aunt by her side, Kristine couldn’t help but feel envious of the children she played with as she grew up. She started to question the fact that her parents separated, and she started to feel unimportant. Her life was going well with her mother’s hardwork, her grandmother’s care, as well as her step-family’s effort of making her feel belonged. “Children are the fruit of love, and they bring family together,” they say, but why did Delia and Vito leave each other in her existence? No matter how her grandmother would say it wasn’t the case, Kristine couldn’t help but be convinced she was worthless.
While Kristine became more doubtful of her parents’ love, she also used this as a motivation to become successful in the future. She craved the feeling of being able to prove to her parents that she wasn’t worthless at all. Making sure she excelled in her school years, she strived to impress them. Now in college and taking up a course in the same field as her father worked, the I.C.T. department, Kristine didn’t have any reasons to back down. Someday, she might just get the attention she deserved.

PERSONALITY

Kristine grew up influenced by her grandmother’s old beliefs and values, respect a crucial part of her development. She was told to always respect people, especially those who were older than her. Everytime she came home from school, she would always kiss her grandmother’s hand as a sign of respect. Kristine is kind and friendly, and has a pretty loud mouth for a small body. That’s actually what gets her in trouble during school—she’s apparently too talkative that her name always gets listed in the list of naughty students every day.
Being the only one who can freely move around at a young age, Kristine managed to teach herself how to be independent and being able to work whatever work needed to be done—from sweeping the floor to washing the clothes, you can always count on her when it comes to house chores. There’s nothing she can’t do wrong in her 22 years of experience.
She is also resourceful and creative enough to make everything around her convenient especially with her projects, which led to her being a bit too thrifty, and almost saving even the smallest coin and not even bothering to spend happiness for herself. Perhaps she took what her mother said to her too far: you should always save the money or you won’t be able to fend yourself. She knows when she owes someone something though… though she isn’t one of those who pays extra. If she owes you a hundred pesos, then a hundred pesos is what she’s gonna return to you—not more, not less.
Growing up with a highly supertitious and religious woman, Kristine also carries that through her veins. Got a golden cat who waves its fist? That’s luck. Your fork fell? Some boy must be visiting you! Oh, and did you came from a wake or funeral? Make sure not to go straight home! Though Kristine tries to not be too superstitious, it’s now like a habit for her that she cannot control. Her friend would even make fun of her for this, which results into an unbelievable achievement of rolling her eyes consecutively.

FACECLAIM

2 Likes