RP Idea Suggestions

Added a tag!

1 Like

Clue Rp

Everyone has a secret, something that stays buried in the darkest corner of their closet. Yours has earned you nothing but blackmail and an invitation to a gothic castle estate during a rainstorm. There you find a whole room full of people. What are the otherā€™s secrets? Are they worth killing for? Who is blackmailing you? Figure out the mystery and get out aliveā€¦while you still can.

3 Likes

As an SG? Something like is certainly interesting, but there would have to be a constant narrator for the scene to play out.

2 Likes

RP/SG probably. Iā€™d need something different though, to keep it interesting/get people interested. Because this is basically clue but I wanna add maybe elements of Mafia, Scream, or something like that.

2 Likes

Would the point be to solve the mystery in the end? And would characters be able to die? If itā€™s an RP like that, there will probably have to be a system going forwards for certain choices

2 Likes

We should probably not clog up this thread, PM?

2 Likes

Most people die and go to either heaven or hell, but if you pass on with unresolved feelings; you go to ā€œThe Hades Hotelā€ where souls go after they die and are given 30 days to find closure (or overcome thier ā€œHang-upsā€ as they call them) or they will become staff where they will work for all eternity. There are two roles pcā€™s can have:

Souls: Basically dead people who at the beginning of the RP are given thirty days to move on or else.

Staff: Souls who failed to move on and work as staff (but there work lives are full of drama)

Each session counts as one day.

Rules:
-No heavy topics unless given permisson by the op (and even then Iā€™ll be making sure you put a content warning)
-Sex can be implied but not shown (and it is always consensual)

• You canā€™t just get over your hangup , something has to happen/be done for your chracter to get over thier unresolved feelings
  • No interfering with the outside world , you move on with personal growth not by changing the living world. You can move on by doing things in the hotel or help others move on , but you canā€™t - say, kill the guy you have a grudge over.
  • No mary sueā€™s and Iā€™ll allow a-holes if
    a: They grow into a better person
    b: they donā€™t win in the end
Examples of hangups

examples of good (albeit a bit clichƩ ) Hang-ups:
ā€œI canā€™t move on after I lost the love of my lifeā€
ā€œHow can I move on when that b^stard still walks the earthā€
ā€œI donā€™t deserve to move on, It was my fault the accident happenedā€
" My life was meaningless , I have to go back" (a-la soul)

Examples of bad hangups (while comedic , then can be solved too quickly)
ā€œI canā€™t move on until had a beef wellingtonā€
ā€œI canā€™t move on until I figure out how my favorite book ends!ā€
Things like ā€œI canā€™t move on until I paint my masterpieceā€ Is kind of cheesy and doesnā€™t involve growth. However, If you can make it work Iā€™ll consider it.

Form

Name:
Orientation:
Positive Traits : (at least 4)
Negative Traits: (at least 4)
Personality:
Backstory:
Hang-up:
Job(If they are staff):
Faceclaim:

Iā€™d love to make this someday , but I donā€™t know much about playing in a roleplay , let of alone be in charge of one.

2 Likes

I always wanted to make a comedy-type SGā€¦ not sure about what but maybe like a horror-ish oneā€¦?

1 Like

A comedy one would be fun. I would love to give Taskmaster another go.

1 Like

Yeah, I think so too.
I am too busy to create one right nowā€¦ but Iā€™d love to join a comedy SG somedayā€¦

Taskmaster? What is that?

1 Like

Iā€™ve had an idea recently but donā€™t want to make it myself so if anyone wants to try it, be my guess!:

a roleplay that works back from the past to a specific event. so what you play is actually a memory.

Example:
All players wake up in a room with on a wall: This is your fault.

Then you play your roleplay as always, but everything you do can influence why your character ended up in that room.

An advantage of this is that you are free to play but also have a guideline to work towards.
Furthermore, you have no time or day limits because everything you play is part of a memory.

the only thing to keep in mind is that the characters you interact with are really on the same timeline and location at the time.

but you can skip from one interaction in the snow during the say, to an interaction at night in the summer.

1 Like

Yes, agreed, it really would.

This was a trailer(-ish) for the first season of Taskmaster. I created and started it as a small RP on EF, but it died during the first task 'cause the RPers didnā€™t have the confidence for writing comedy.

2 Likes

Maybe it would work better as an SG then?

1 Like

Yeah, it possibly would.

1 Like

Hogwarts-

Surprised no one has done it yet. :pleading_face:

Itā€™d also be nice to see RPers experiment with different settings/time periods more often, Fantasy and Schools typically make up the RP section a ton. Iā€™d love to see time periods like the 1920s, 1950s, etc etc or more horror settings, possibly sci-fi~

3 Likes

I think I remember Hogwarts being done quite a lot during early EF (maybe even on the old old forums).

But I think the reason it hasnā€™t been done again is becauseā€¦ maybe it would really need an extra theme/plot, otherwise it would just be another fantasy school RP and we have a lot of them lol

2 Likes

Yeah, it was attempted on EF. It was also attempted on SWF too, but it was postponed to the situation and controversy surrounding J.K Rowling. They werenā€™t wanting to advertise or promote after what the author had been saying.

1 Like

True

1 Like

Ahh gotcha!

1 Like

No ideas to suggest at the moment, just adding a couple tags

2 Likes