RWBY Show, Characters, Games and thoughts about it

If you haven’t seen this show then you need to watch the trailer to it. This is a very cool show that uses an anime mixed with a game art style. I found this show about a year ago and started watching it non-stop. I actually like a lot of the shows Rooster Teeth has made. Monty Oum was a genius when he came up with this script. Rest in Peace Monty.

RWBY (pronounced like Ruby)

Is about a world called Remnant that is the home to people who use dust as means for fighting. Dust is the only weapon that can kill the Grimm, creatures who are made from the darkness of the world. They are attracted to negative emotions and calamity. The show revolves around four girls who are starting at Beacon Academy for hunters and Huntresses. Hunters/Huntresses are people who use dust in their weapons to defeat the grimm. The four girls are soon pulled into a quest that deals with magic, the past and how the world came to be. All while dealing with their own problems during the story.

This all I’m going to summarize because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone.

Trailer

Note this trailer is 18 minutes long. Since the trailer is broken up in four parts originally. I hope you enjoy the show if you decide to keep watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGdjuMSVnwM

Online Game!(Updated info)

So I’m excited to try this game out! I thought it was just a game on its own but it’s actually an online game you play with other people. You can buy the different volumes of the show as well. The different volumes are actually the episodes in full movie length episodes that you can rent or buy off of steam. If you pay for Amazon Prime you can watch the same volumes for free up to fifth volume which is buyable or rentable as well. Depends on which site you like best for the show.

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse on Steam

The music is done by father/daughter duo Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams. Their music is very impressive. I love all the songs they sing. Casey has an amazing voice and her father is very skilled at writing, singing, and performing the music. Since there are so many songs I’m going to link a playlist made up of all the music. Yes, I’m geeking out overwriting all this. Sorry not sorry.

Full Soundtrack

I hope you enjoy the music. I use it to help me write and work on edits sometimes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ3v8vW8Cww&list=PLTj1MIeqRghDiBhO-L1KbyZ20AvHK3Ny9

Tags

@ChaoticDeluge
@ThatRandomCaraPerson
@liyahsdiamond
@ShanniiWrites
@Badass_Saasha
@PensiveShadow

7 Likes

Maaaan, this takes me back. I still remember watching the Red Trailer back in 2012 on my birthday! It got me so hyped for the show, and I was hooked right from the off :smiley: RWBY is such a creative breath of fresh air in a lot of ways.

Of course, it has its flaws. The writing is sub par at points, the plot is a little weird and there are a lot of weird character decisions. After the incredibly tragic passing of Monty Oum the animation can be a little janky and weird at times too, which never happened during the action sequences while he was in charge. The subtle character animation during quiet moments has been getting better though!

I must say, I fell out with RWBY a little after season 4 (That was the low point imo, despite it still being pretty darn good), but season 6 was amazing. The first half was absolutely the best RWBY has ever been. I love it! I’m excited to see where it goes, it’s a part of my life now. Has been for six years :joy:

2 Likes

I’m planning on playing and watching this! Thanks for tagging me!

2 Likes

I know what you mean. There are some points that are questionable but overall the story is still good. I’m just glad they were able to continue with it after he passed. He expected this show to go on for 20 seasons. He left enough storyline for 10 of the 20 seasons from what I read recently. The way it was made kind of made me skeptical at first buy after the first episode I was hooked. Season fours is definitely one of their low points but it was still good plot for the show. I just found it a year and half ago to be honest. Not sure how I missed this show the first time.

1 Like

No problem! Let me know who your favorite character is once you watched some of it!

2 Likes

Who is your favorite character?

1 Like

Omg I remember my RWBY phase… :thought_balloon:

I first saw it on Netflix and watched it out of curiosity. I loved Volume 1 and 2. I was so hyped up for Volume 3 and it’s one of my favourite volumes. Ngl, I found Volume 4 boring and I thought 5 was a mess.

I’m not into RWBY as much as I used to be but I loved watching it.

2 Likes

Of the main four my favourite is the (sort of) titular character, Ruby :smiley:

My favourite character of the whole show is Jean. His arc and storyline is the absolute best of the show imo. He’s the one who’s grown the most

1 Like

I’ll most likely this weekend. Too busy at school for Monday through Friday. :sob:

1 Like

Volume 6 has been released last year and volume 7 will be released in November. If you decide to catch back up. It’s a good series.

1 Like

Your good, I totally understand!

1 Like

I love both of those characters too. Jean has been through a lot which is what makes his character seem the strongest one.

1 Like

I’ve seen bits and pieces of Volume 6 and it looked good! The intro looks amazing + the fights looked better than the previous volume. I wish we learnt more about that farm though.

2 Likes

I know right! They are releasing out a manga that is going to tell the parts that are left unsaid. So hopefully we will get more information about it that way.

2 Likes

I think I remember watching this anime at least once!

1 Like

It’s a good anime. I watch it on watchcartoononline.io but I just found out they have it on amazon prime as movie length episodes for each volume.

2 Likes

Alright, a few questions about characters. Starting with the antagonists:

• What do you think about Roman Torchwick?

• What are your thoughts on both Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black?

1 Like

I thought he was the best villain mainly because he seemed much more interesting and entertaining than Cinder. I’m still mad the writers killed him off

MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS :joy:

I was glad that they got a flashback episode in Volume 3 but thinking about it now, it didn’t answer a lot of questions. What was Emerald doing long before she met Cinder? How does Emerald have a semblance so powerful if it’s so rare? What was it like for Mercury before he met Cinder? Also, I’m still waiting on the Weiss v Emerald fight that’s been teased in the Volume 2 and 3 intro!

Either way, their theme song I’m The One is a bop!

2 Likes

I agree with this. No matter how much of cocky jerk he was his humor was spot on. Cinder just annoys me she now holds a grudge against Ruby. I kind of what was going to happen at the end of volume 5 too bad she lived. Sorry I just don’t like her. I was pretty upset on hoe they wrote him off the script as well. They could have done more with his character.

Mine too! Although unlike in the show I like the Ruby/Mercury fanfiction. Cute stories come from it sometimes.

That is a good question. She was a thief living on the streets before Cinder found her. Too bad Emerald has some kind of Nightingale sydrome when it comes to Cinder.

I hope we get answer to this question either in the manga or season 7. It’s shocking that she does have the amount of power similar to a maiden but she is still learning to use.

They explain that one in the same season as the flashback. From what I remember he was trained as an assassin by his father. I had to blur the rest of the answer. Though I think his father abused him mentally, physically, and verbally to make him into a cold assassin.

I’m pretty sure Mercury was still with his father during up until the day he met Cinder. If I remember correctly Mercury killed his father that same day and burnt down his home. That’s when Cinder and Emerald walked up to find him laying in the path way because of his injured legs.[

I totally forgot about that part. I hope that fight happens too!

2 Likes

I wish we got a bit more backstory like was she born into poverty which is why she steals or did she used to have a better life before hand. Did her parents abandon her when she was young because they were scared of her semblance? Does she even have parents? We’ll have to wait because I have too many questions :joy:

2 Likes