Secret Santa Year Four Sign-ups!

That’s okay, school comes first. And I get it. Six weeks may seem like a long time to create a gift, but when you have the added pressure of life, it can be overwhelming.

3 Likes

When can we expect to hear for who we are the Secret Santa and what we will be working on? :thinking:

2 Likes

Uh… Wolfie, when we doing the organising?

1 Like

I need one more person to make it 16 even. Also, I need @Littlefeets and @april.writes to fill out the form as well. The form is below.

If we can get the form filled out plus that one extra person then we can organize this weekend or even tomorrow if we finish those tasks. Sorry for the delay. I’ve been working a 6 day streak at work. This is my first day off.

1 Like

Why does it need to be even, we’re not switching names in pairs. It’s a Secret Santa where we all get random names. It’s not like A and B, C and D, and E and F all switch names. It’s okay to be odd.

1 Like

It was mainly even so that there is a name for each pair. That way everyone gets a different Santa. That’s how it has been the only reason we had to make multiple presents per person was because someone would ghost the event. Then we had to figure something out.

Yeah, I get the ghosting part but that could happen regardless of having pairs or not. The reason I say we don’t need pairs is 'cause of how we randomised it last year.

Okay, for example, say it was an odd number. A small groupie of five, yeah (A,B,C,D, & E).

• A gives to D
  • B gives to C
  • C gives to E
  • D gives to B
  • E gives to A

^^^ See how you don’t actually need even numbers.

2 Likes

I just hope I can make someone’s gift.

2 Likes

I guess we can go with that but I still need the last two users to still fill the form out so that we can get going with the randomizing since we have to know what everyone can make plus want for presents.

1 Like

Oh, have you filled it in too?

1 Like

I’m about to fill it out as well. I just need to pick a chat for the Santa chat.

1 Like

Cool. Pick a chat?

Also, I wouldn’t wait too long for users to get back to you. Only 'cause we’ll run out of time.

1 Like

Are we making a new chat or just using the old chat for the Santa organizing? I was going to just pick one of the ones we have made up.

It’s @Littlefeets and @april.writes that I’m waiting on. I’m hoping the double tagging will let them know.

1 Like

Ooooh… I thought we decided above to use last year’s one but just remove Rose so that she’s not bombarded with notifications when/if she returns.

I know. But I wouldn’t wait more than 24 hours, mainly 'cause it’s been 2-3 weeks already.

1 Like

I think we did but I wasn’t sure since we both been busy. We’ll just do that.

I’m hoping at least one of them fills it out by tomorrow. Then tomorrow night we can start the pairing.

1 Like

@Littlefeets and @april.writes thank you for filling the form out!

2 Likes

no problem!

2 Likes

so i’m not gonna participate in the exchange (judging by my current creative production, i don’t think i’d be able to have something finished) but i was curious about this and
i know you guys alr signed up and all but i wanted to suggest y’all the site sneakysanta
that one automatically sorts out the pairs so it’s far less work for those who have to run it, and the site allows everyone to have a visible wish list + anonymously DM someone if there’s any questions or anything abt the presents

2 Likes

Fair enough. Maybe next year your creative juices will be ready!!!

Sounds interesting. Although, we sort via a mix of what users want/can do and a random generator. Plus, even though we use PMs to talk to the santas (which doesn’t help with forum activity), it still helps with the number of active users checking in.
So for activeness, it might be best to stay on the forums.

2 Likes