SIA’s new movie - Music

This is the synopsis -
Zu is newly sober when she receives news that she is to become the sole guardian of her half-sister named Music, a young girl on the autism spectrum. The film explores two of Sia’s favourite themes finding your voice and creating family.

But it’s not that peaceful. Sia made a non - autistic actor play Music - and portrayed it badly and got a lot of backlash.

☆ What do you think of SIA’s new movie?
☆ have you watched videos on it/or purchased the movie?
@ Discussions
If I made any mistakes in this, pm me!

4 Likes

iSn’T sIa A sInGeR?

1 Like

She should’ve stayed a singer and not a movie director

3 Likes

Is the movie not nice?

1 Like

J- no

2 Likes

the thing is, when making an movie, you can’t just show only struggles or only good things. Its hard to make a movie about such a subject because everyone has different opinions on it and those who have something along those subjects all experience these things differently so you can’t please everyone.

There’s a big difference between the intention of the movie, the execution and the way it looks for other people.

being able to film is limited in time, I agree that it would make things more interesting to have someone with the spectrum act the role, but sometimes it’s just not possible.

one trailer might not show what the full movie is about but the main message should be something people need to root for:

your lack on one thing has been filled extra with another and people should focus on that, not your limits.

4 Likes

Sia messed up, she prized Maddie too much and fired the original autistic actor. This movie is a joke and actually really stupid and the way she responded to criticism was unprofessional. Sia will be paying for this mistake for the rest of her life if she doesn’t own up <3

4 Likes

So sh!tty bro

2 Likes

It’s a mockery of autism

2 Likes

I am supppouse to do a movie review of it for my job, but I cant its not available yet. but I seen some clips

this song right here, just to point something it, firstly black face.

but secondly as an autistic person its fuc…ing with my sensory with all the light and movement and camera angels switches.

2 Likes

I really recomand this video

4 Likes

I burn with rage every time I see the *chandelier girl’s name

1 Like

omg don’t get me started on this one

absolutely not please never do boycott the SH*T out of this film PLEASE

this is a really good video if anyone’s interested

4 Likes

I just have no words. It’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

This vid made my eyes hurt sm :sneezing_face:
Too much flashing lights :roll_eyes: literally not cool

3 Likes

please do not watch the movie, just the trailer alone triggered me and I almost had a meltdown

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about that :((

3 Likes

Wow. I mean, I have Aspergers, so I don’t know how bad that was, but I do know I don’t like it be they didn’t cast an autistic actress.

2 Likes

sorry to hear,

3 Likes

especially the part where she was restrained- nhehebhfsew

it’s ok though

it’s fine, thanks for your support

3 Likes