Since When is a Dashiki a Halloween Costume?!?!

What the HELL?!?!?!?!

https://www.halloweencostumes.co.uk/adult-red-dashiki-shirt.html

5 Likes

@PensiveShadow @chococarmela

@Discussions

3 Likes

I-

What
Uh no
I do not have the energy for this lord

5 Likes

1 Like

What in the culture appropriation f!ck is this-

isnt this just a shirt, is this a cultural thing I dont know because I legit just thought it was a colourful shirt like I get its an African style. but, its a shirt, its not even a costume

This is so stupid like wtf. It’s part of CULTURE. And you are going to make it into a HALLOWEEN costume??? What??? Why???

that’s so disrespectful

6eb641b755c75bf34631a52b0124f173

Good point but it’s the shirt’s cultural background that seems like the problem.

1 Like

Also since when is this a “hippie” piece of clothing? Like why not sell a tasseled vest or something instead of something on the razor-edge of blackface. Because you all KNOW that that is what at least 60% of the people who buy this costume will actually use it for.

2 Likes

I can’t even understand why or who thought it would be a good idea to make this a costume.

1 Like

Huh- I- :grinning::exploding_head:

Why is this a thing?!

It’s like wearing a saree or a kimono to Halloween party. I- I can’t- I seriously cannot- :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::weary:

Cultural tradition be like -

yeah wtf-

I’m sorry but if you want to wear that as appreciation that’s fine but wearing it on halloween as a accessory/flashy clothing garment is so stupid-

1 Like

Yeah it’s like a cultural shirt used in religious stuff too in some places. Idek where the handlebar moustache came from xD

2 Likes

what-

it’s a cultural item not a “flashy piece of clothing”

1 Like

@CerealKiller

1 Like

When you’re casually looking for hot back guys in dashikis for a character you’re working on and this is one of the first results on Google :upside_down_face:

1 Like

But I found what I needed

6 Likes

Dude I looked up what a kimono robe is knowing it’s in Japanese culture and one of the first pictures were a while girl showing it off and it I clicked out to find out it’s something they’re selling as an “everyday wear”. :sob:

3 Likes

It’s all bull

1 Like