So Panic! At The Disco are breaking up

The information has been available for a while that at the end of this tour cycle, the band will be breaking up. Many people are viewing this as a good thing, especially since it’s been Brendon! At The Disco for a while now and for a myriad of reasons, people just don’t like him anymore!

But also it’s kinda odd because Panic were always considered part of the “emo” trinity

But hey at least MCR got back together :joy:

So how do people feel about this?
Did you ever listen to panic?

3 Likes

I was pretty devastated, but we still have their old music.

Yeah their music isn’t going anywhere, we just won’t have any new music from them

1 Like

Honestly I liked them more in their prime, their new stuff was just never really my thing, I’m kinda surprised it took them this long to call it a day

3 Likes

Yep!

Ngl, at the concert also the older songs were just much better and generally had a much better reaction from the audience

1 Like

Yeah they definitley tend to
I’ve only really seen videos but I know the people who go to the concerts care more about the older stuff generally

1 Like

Honestly tho, I’m not really sure why that is. Sure, maybe the music is received a bit less, but he’s still just an excellent singer and performer. But I guess the recent album is a bit, well bland in a way, it doesn’t really stand out like the music did when panic was still a band.

1 Like

He did a few contraversial things outside of being in the band
I’ll see if I can find a reliable summary but either way, people were very happy about this

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. It was also interesting how Girls / Girls / Boys was probably after high hopes the most sung along song, while that one is like 10 years old, but it’s still just great :ok_hand:

1 Like

Didn’t know about that, if you find some information I definitely want to read it!

1 Like

TW: S*xual harrasment mentions, Transphobia and Racism mentions

This article details some…pretty questionable things the band were accused of including Brendon himself of course I believe in innocent until proven guilty but it’s important to be aware imo

The only thing I actually knew about was Brendon saying a slur on stream

2 Likes

Hmmmm, idk how to feel about this honestly. All together it’s a lot. But idk, it’s hard to know how reliable all of that actually is, especially if something is just a message on social media, there’s not really a way of knowing whether it actually happened or not. Like it certainly all could have happened, but at the same time there are also cases where people made things like this up for some attention. So yeah, innocent until proven guilty, but if he actually did all that I’ll definitely have to reconsider whether I feel comfortable enough still listening to his music

1 Like

Yeah for sure! Allegations are pretty ripe in the music industry, especially in the pop punk genre due to how young and vulnerable the fan bases can be. So while I’m not saying it definitley didn’t happen, I also can’t say that it definitley did.

But yes this is why people have been cheering about the news

How does a band consisting of one person even break up tho, is he gonna split in half or something? xD

2 Likes

Mitosis.

1 Like

Brendon: Guys I think we should break up
Brendon: Okay Brendon

2 Likes

Their older songs were way better. Pre-2009. I love the Pretty Odd album, shoot even Brendon’s voice was better back then. Honestly I didn’t even know they were still a band, are they gonna chop up Brendon into pieces? (I don’t like him btw.)

But hey! I’m a full-fledged MCR fan now, they’re giving us content!

2 Likes

Foundations of decay is sooo good

1 Like