St. Andrew’s Academy Official Thread

The Latina girl smiled at them, and Greer smiled back. ”It’s no problem. I’m Greer. Interesting name, I know. I think it’s Scottish. My parents are interesting people. Not in a bad way, though. Sorry, I’m not much of a talker.” Greer explained, removing their other earbud, as they had a feeling the principal would speak soon. The room was deafening to them, and they flinched, shifting uncomfortably. It would quiet down soon enough, at least. Then, they could go back to their dorm…and deal with their roommate. Well, that would be fun. Note the sarcasm. Hopefully their roommate wasn’t much of a talker. If they were…well, Greer didn’t want to dwell on it.
@ChayChay05 - Camila
@Kate - Chloe

3 Likes

“Done flirting with the office ladies?” Ethan rolled his eyes, “It’s called being nice.” He said with a condescending tone, “You should try it sometime, I promise you it will get you further in life.” “And of any choice of cloth on the earth, what are you wearing? Okay, we get it. Uniforms are hot. But people are gonna think I’m sick or unstable or whatever if a paramedic keeps tailing me.” Ethan raised an eyebrow, "Choice of cloth? No wonder I find you annoying you’re not even from this century if you’re speaking like that. However if you simply must know, I am on call today if they need me. Ethan then smirked upon realizing what she had just said, “So you think I’m hot?” He straightened his tie, adjusted his collar, and ran his fingers through his hair, though he’s not that vain, he enjoyed the thought that it would push her buttons.

@Tina.G ~ Kendrie

2 Likes

“I just don’t understand why they treat you like that…” Eve sighed, her frustration evident in her voice. “It’s pretty much a punishment. They didn’t have to say it, but I know that’s what it was. Because, for starters, they didn’t even consult me before deciding to stay in North Carolina. It was like they made all the plans without considering what I wanted. And when I brought it up, they claimed it was for my own good, a chance to reconnect with my roots there, visit family.” Whatever that means. She scoffed again.

“Yes! Don’t worry about it. It’s just,” Hope raised her looked around, getting eve to follow suit. “I was supposed to meet up with Adrian so we can attend the speech together, but I can’t see him anywhere,” Evelyn also searched the crowd, to no avail. “Oh, Hope! No need to stress about it, seriously. I totally get how you must be feeling right now. My brother is… somewhere too. I mean, it’s always a little nerve-wracking when plans don’t go as expected, especially when it involves someone like Adrian. He’s, um, quite the enigma, right?” Evelyn obviously knew Adrian was subjectively hot but… he was a bit weird. Dare she say scary. Ha. She thought. “But hey, I’m sure he’ll show up soon. Maybe he’s just caught up with some friends or something. You know how he can be a bit elusive sometimes. It’s probably nothing to worry about.” Evelyn tried her best to be comforting, but that had really always been Hopes job. She still thought she was doing good though.

@idiot.exe • Hope • wooo :sob::heart:

1 Like

Chloe

I sat down as well and Greer and noticed themselves Tony’s. “I’m Chloe by the way nice to meet you Greer and I like your name by the way” I smile at them. I took out my phone to see what time it was. Part of me was excited to know who I am supposedly sharing a room with and hope there not complete asses and like to have some fun.

@Ouijaloveletters
@ChayChay05

3 Likes

Aria was a shocked by what her friend had just told her, it was really intense what had happened to her friend. Therefore, Aria’s initial reaction was that she didn’t quite know what to say, something that did not happen too often for her, she usually always had exactly the right words to say. After a brief pause, she gently asked, “Can I give you a hug, Liv?”

In that moment, she found her words back to actually discuss more what had happened. “I can’t imagine how difficult that experience must have been for you. I’m so sorry that happened to you, It’s unimaginable…” A small chuckle escaped her, breaking the tension. “Boys really are sh-t, don’t you think?” Over the years Aria had heard enough of these type of examples of guys who had treated their ‘girlfriends’ so poorly, and she really hated seeing that. Wouldn’t you think you would care about and have respect for who you call your girlfriend? Wasn’t love and genuine care be supposed to be the foundation for a relationship?

She then gave Liv a smile, “You’re so strong though Liv, like for real. That you’ve found the strength to use that to figure yourself out and embrace your identity. Everyone’s journey is unique, and I’m really glad you’ve found clarity in understanding yourself. Your feelings are valid, and I’m here for you, Liv, no matter what. If you ever want to talk more about it or anything else, I’m here to listen.” She wanted Liv to feel like she was a safe space for her, where everything could be discussed with honesty. Anything, even if it had to do with

He felt her hesitation in talking about it with him, “It’s fine Lila. You are so much more important than this opening talk.” Those words were spoken absolutely truthfully, he really did care more about supporting her than attending this talk he had seen a few times already, sure some matters McGrath would discuss might be relevant to him, but he was sure he would hear those things through his friends. So with a certain determination he said, “Come on, let’s go. I won’t force you to talk if you’re not comfortable, but I think it’s good for you to get out of here and have some fresh air, and I’ll be there with you.” He grabbed his stuff, preparing to leave the auditorium.

@ChayChay05 - Lila

2 Likes

Brex nodded when Jasper commented about how he had a knack for popping up unexpectedly. “Honestly seems like you do didn’t even know you were in the hall before you started to talk. Just took me by shock was all.” Brex honestly wasn’t minding talking to this guy too much which for him in a completely sober state was pretty unusual.

“It was certainly something. I mean from what ive gathered it was strikingly different from what most kids grow up around. My mum was a bassist so it holds a place in my heart my pops is a singer and taught me guitar pretty early on so they have easily become my go to.” Brex shocked even himself when he shared some pretty personal information with Jasper and he honestly didnt know why he would do such a thing so openly. “Spent lots of time with lots of famous bands especially in the rock and the punk scenes.” He admitted adjusting his jacket a bit. He wondered if this kid was just into the music or if he kept up with the tabloids around the musicians he liked. Brex honestly was hoping it was the first.

Brex knew he was kind of in this guys face but honestly the way this kid reacted was far from what Brex had guessed it would be. That being said Brex smirked at him and give him a small eye roll and leaned back against the wall.

So this kid did theater. Brex was not a theater guy he could respect it though because he knew what it took to get on a stage and preform. Hearing Jasper dabbled in drumming at least made Brex move back onto the offensive and move in close again. “You have a drum kit here?” Brex found himself asking as he thought about his answer to the question about what hsi go to was. Honestly it was kind of a bit of anything it was way more a mood thing for Brex. “Whatever has caught my brain at the moment. But I mean I know my dad’s entire discography without a single though so something from his band if i dont want to even think about what im doing.”
@Jass

2 Likes

Well hey one is better than none I guess.” Enzo shrugged, watching Jayda’s reaction closely. “Oh me, well there was these two girls I hooked up with. They were pretty hot.” At the same time? Vincenzo flinched at how much better Jayda was doing than him. “Oh my and the three guys. Not all at once or anything. … The one guy was very sweet. He kinda reminded me of you, but of course was a lot less annoying and full of himself.” Enzo rolled his eyes, “Oh, che bello. Semplicemente fantastico(Oh that’s great. Simply fantastic).” He whispered under his breath. Taking a deep breath, Enzo tried to jump back into his easy smile and charming demeanor. He could even could tell his smile was too big. “As expected, you can’t get me out of your luminosa(bright) head.” He chuckled, trying to look for the comfort in that. It was… very little currently. “Plus you love it, Jade. Don’t even pretend not too.” He said, not even looking at her. Then he directed them into the auditorium, the volume going up. “What kind of life would you be leading without me dragging you down the rabbit hole of irritation and misery?” He joked.

yeah, it was far but it’s just a plane ride. And it’s pretty cool you live close to here. Means you can go home on weekends and stuff.” Ken nodded, pretending like he was happy about that perk. It wasn’t that he didn’t like his foster parents, they were great and he’d always seen the better part of the foster care system, but his dad knew where he was then. He wished the guy would just give up. One certificate saying he wasn’t a drunk anymore and poof Ken was supposed to run into his arms? He didn’t think so. “The best part.” He lied with a smile on his face. “What’s Louisiana like? In my head I picture this always hot, oceanish, crocodile, Mardi Gras capital. Pretty much—I know nothing of it.” He joked.

@ChayChay05:sparkles:

2 Likes

Shiloh

When she asked him ‘I thought you like to take pictures of beautiful things’, it was her way of asking him why he wouldn’t be infront of a camera considering he’s beautiful, but when he said “I do like to take pictures of beautiful things.” And then looked at her with a smile, she realized he complimented her, but he also didn’t get that she was trying to compliment him. She realized he wouldn’t get the hint until she pointed it out to him … Of course, this isn’t the only hint he didn’t get, so she helped him out. “No you idiot …” She pretended as if she didn’t realize how he complimented her becuase it might make things awkward to admit she liked it … But it did feel good … Maybe because she likes him too, but maybe because it’s not often you get a compliment from your rival, so when you get one, it’s good. “I meant you. You’re not ugly so your reason for not being in front of a camera is … baseless and honestly kinda biased. I mean … Who told you that you’re ugly that you actually believed them?”

@ChayChay05 - Finn

3 Likes

“You can come to Cali anytime man. I mean that.”

Adrian responded with a genuine smile. For once, it wasn’t one that came from his fake charismatic persona. It was nice to hear, even encouraged him. Because the years before when his friends would ask him to visit or travel together, his parents refused, claiming he was too irresponsible. Ironic, considering he was the older sibling.

Speaking of his sibling…

“I haven’t seen her yet today, but she has to be in here somewhere dude.” Lorenzo replied.

Adrian shrugged. “Nah, it’s fine, anyway. About time she makes friends on her own,” he laughed. “Man, sometimes you’re lucky to be an only child,” he said in a joking tone. But beneath the surface, he was jealous. No siblings, rich, all his parents attention was on him. Lorenzo got everything he wanted and more. Must be so easy for him, Adrian might even believe he had no worries. He was a good friend, really, but sometimes Adrian couldn’t help but wish he had his life.

Feeling a bit annoyed with his thoughts, he checked his watch for the time. “Speech is starting soon,” he said. “I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of hearing this every year.”

@ChayChay05 ⁠{✧} Lorenzo Perez

Outfit

1 Like

COACH COLTRANE

Before the assembly, Lav would usually either be in his office, but since it’s the first day of school he knew he wouldn’t have many visitors there, especially since everybody would be packing or getting their dorms ready, so he wasn’t there. No, today he was in the parking lot, like every first day of school … It became a tradition of his. He wouldn’t smoke, knowing he’s an influence to his students, but he wanted to give in a have a smoke whenever he was in that parking lot on the first day. Sitting in his car and listening to music on such a low volume you can barely hear it, he was so deep in thought he didn’t see the girl approaching his car. And the woman, she asked for him by name. He cranked opene the window to see her better and lo and behold it was a familliar face … One he saw around the school for about two years now? Or three? Anyways, he saw her in passing but never knew who she was, so based on her youthful look and the fact he’s been seeing her here less than 5 years, he assumed she was a student. “It’s Coach Coltrane to students.” he continued “Do you need me for something?” He hasn’t mentioned he hates being called by his first name, but he figured he’d tell her on another occassion.

@Tina.G - Mr. Sadie Rollins.

2 Likes

Hope wasn’t sure how to feel.

If she looked at it from one perspective, Eve was an ungrateful kid who stole a car and got herself into danger. The poor parents. Making a decision for her seemed to come out of care, even if it wasn’t in her best interests. After all, wasn’t it good to reconnect with family and spent time learning about your roots? Family was important, they were they people you’d turn to when no one else had your back. But Evelyn… She didn’t seem to care about their efforts.

Hope couldn’t possibly understand why she was acting that way. But she couldn’t risk saying the wrong thing. If she could pry more, she might be able to get more answers - she thought.

And at that point, it became more like a puzzle she needed to solve, rather than comforting her friend in need.

“That’s awful. I’m sorry they don’t listen to you,” she put a hand to her chest, trying to show sincerity. “If only they could understand how you’re struggling. But it seems I’m the only one that does.”

"…I mean, it’s always a little nerve-wracking when plans don’t go as expected, especially when it involves someone like Adrian. He’s, um, quite the enigma, right?”

Hope laughed, “He really is. I don’t understand him sometimes.” But Hope could tell there was something more going on with Adrian than what appeared on the surface. He wouldn’t avoid his own sister the entire summer if everything were fine. He was making it painfully obvious. But Hope couldn’t get a chance to find out. She almost wanted to open up to Eve and ask her for advice, but it would quickly become Hope ranting about her detailed theories like some mad conspiracist.

Well, she didn’t need to know. They weren’t truly friends… Even if it almost felt like they were. Hope could almost feel a strange feeling, maybe happiness, every time she spoke to Eve. Hearing her open up to her and trust her for support, even the meaningless small talk they’d have. But that was all so she could form connections… Right?

“But hey, I’m sure he’ll show up soon…” Evelyn continued, trying to comfort Hope.

She sighed. “Yeah, you’re probably right. Thanks,” she smiled. That was enough about her. It was time to shift the focus back on Eve. “Brothers, right? I don’t assume yours is this difficult to understand?” She asked, chuckling. She hadn’t met him in person before. But now that he went to their school, he could become another way to form connections to their family.

That was her goal to begin with.

@Tina.G ✿⁠.⁠*⁠・~ Evelyn Bauer ~ this ended up pretty long djdjdjdj

Outfit

1 Like

~

~

“It’s Coach Coltrane to students.” Sadie raised her brows, in her best ‘teacher surprised’ expression she could muster. It was flattering, of course, but she didn’t wanna appear like a student. “Do you need me for something?” Clearing her throat, Sadie wasn’t really prepared for Lav to think she was a student. If she remembered correctly, they’ve definitely been in staff meetings in the same room and possibly a holiday party or two.
"Ah, my apologies for any confusion, Lav. I can see why you might not… recognize me immediately, since we haven’t interacted formally before. I teach History? This will be year four?”
She tried to jog his memory.

“Anyways, I actually wanted to talk to you about something outside of the classroom.” Sadie paused, to gauge his reaction. “I’ve heard that you have some knowledge and experience in self-defense. And… in recent events in my personal life, I’ve been feeling a bit on edge. I thought it might be helpful to learn a thing or two about protecting myself in various situations. I hope that doesn’t sound too strange or out of the ordinary." Wow, I pretty much said my script to a tee. Sadie tried her best to maintain her composure, not wanting to come across as vulnerable or too dependent on others. She wanted to be able to take care of herself, both physically and emotionally. This was step one, and going fairly smooth… she hoped.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond • Lav

3 Likes

Katrina beamed at this girl who had introduced herself as Victoria. She had never met an English speaker who can speak Gaelic so making any friends her first year in America was tough. Though she can speak English as well, her tendency to speak Gaelic first as well as English being a second language made her feel shy and insecure. She hugged the girl for a moment before stopping, “An urrainn dhut Gàidhlig a bhruidhinn?! Tha seo iongantach!! Chan eil mi air coinneachadh ri neach eile an seo as urrainn a bruidhinn. Abair ceist neònach, tha fuil Albannach agam agus tha mi às an Aghaidh Mhòir, Alba. Ged a tha sinn a’ fuireach beagan nas iomallaiche air a’ Ghàidhealtachd. Dè mu do dheidhinn, cò às a tha thu?”

@Jass ~ Victoria

3 Likes

COACH COLTRANE

When she said she wasn’t a student he was surprised a bit. He wondered why he didn’t remeber her if she was a teacher, especially if she was here for the last 3 years, but then she said she was a History teacher and it made sense to him. “Oh, I’m sorry.” He apologized. “I didn’t know you were a teacher. It makes sense I didn’t get to know you yet, I don’t like history.” He got out of the car and said. “Now, Miss, Rollins.” He might not have known her face, but he heard her name around the school. “I’ll help you with anything you need, but please, don’t call me Lav. Either call me Mr. Coltrane, Coach or Coach Coltrane. I’ll also accept Colt since we’re colleagues, but I hate the sound of my name.”
"Anyways, I actually wanted to talk to you about something outside of the classroom.” If he had a nickle for every time … He’d be rich. “Go on.” He said, hoping it wasn’t something unreasonable. When she asked about self defence classes. He realized he’s never thought about teaching self-defence. Of course, he wouldn’t dare think about it since he isn’t trained to teach self-defence, but if this girl is in some kind of danger, he cannot lie still tonight unless he knows she’s safe.
“Okay, so … I don’t know what you’ve heard but, I cannot teach you self defence … Not profesionally. See I haven’t got a licence to teach self-defence, I teach sports, but I do have knowledge in it. It all depends on what you need. I could hook you up with contact to some of the best teachers, but the ones I know are too expensive for a teacher’s sallary, and the ones that are cheaper won’t teach you anything good. I’d teach you but you’d have to keep it to yourself and if anybody finds out say that I’m just your friend who’s just relaying knowledge he’s learned from self defence classes to you. Would after assembly be too soon for you? Becuase I’m free then and then not at all until Saturday, unless somebody cancels on me on time, I won’t be able to push you in this week if it’s not today or on Saturday.”

@Tina.G

2 Likes

“You should try it sometime, I promise you it will get you further in life.” Kendrie smirked, “The boys back home think I’m nice.” She waggled her eyebrows, totally bluffing. She only saved her niceness for teachers and important people. Usually not…Ethan.

"Choice of cloth? No wonder I find you annoying you’re not even from this century if you’re speaking like that. However if you simply must know, I am on call today if they need me.” Of course he was. What a good soul. Eww. Kendrie scanned the crowd, not looking for anyone in particular. “So you think I’m hot?” Then he said it, she sighed heavily and dramatically, before turning back to him. Ethan was running his hand through his hair and of course he was—“Eww.” Was all Kendrie could muster. She didn’t trust her words just yet. So she rolled her eyes to stall. “Ethan, please. Don’t flatter yourself. That’s just…” Kendrie was grasping at straws. “Desperate. And by the way, running your hand through your hair doesn’t make you any more attractive, just saying."

@Bluecookies • Ethan • :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

“That’s awful. I’m sorry they don’t listen to you,” Hope put a hand to her chest, “If only they could understand how you’re struggling. But it seems I’m the only one that does.” Eve nodded, appreciation evident in her eyes. “Thank you, Hope. It means a lot to have someone who understands. I just wish my parents would see things from my perspective. All I want is for them to trust me and let me have a say in my own life. To just let go of the one mistake I made.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right. Thanks,” Hope smiled. “Brothers, right? I don’t assume yours is this difficult to understand?” Eve shrugged, generally not knowing. “I mean, he never shuts up but is also… shy? Yeah, shy is the right word. He’s like the more mellow version of me.” Evelyn laughed. “He’s a good kid, but I’m pretty sure we’re avoiding each other right now.” Evelyn looked around, as if she would find him, and shrugged.

@idiot.exe • Hope • your post was great!!

1 Like

Untitled179_20231203145240

Teo giggled a little at Phoenix’s response to him getting their gender identity right. He was also pleasantly surprised that Phoenix didnt make a big deal about how open he was about his own identity. Part of Mateo’s bangs slipped out from under his hat and he tucked them back in to keep them out of his eyes. Boy he needed a hair cut but it would have to wait. Teo pulled out his phone to show off some of Cam’s art just to further prove that she was certainly the artistic twin between two and Teo had no problems with that at all. He watched Phoenix draw and at first it wasnt looking too bad but it started to go down hill fast. It wasnt quite as bad as what Teo had drawn but it wasnt a llama. Mateo felt ok laughing about how rough it was when Phoenix burst out laughing themself. “Ok so neither of us are the most artistic I see.”

@Tina.G

2 Likes

“I love that man I have one of us last year to put up too.” I say as I laugh and start to put some of my clothes in the dresser. “Leo Im happy that you were my roommate that first year. If I was with someone else I dont know if I would have came back sophomore year if Im being honest.”
@ChayChay05 oooo im all ears for any ideas

3 Likes

I smiled as I heard them say they weren’t much of a talker. Since I wasn’t either. “I’m Camila. Nice to meet ya.” I smile trying to seem friendly but it was a shy smile still.

@Ouijaloveletters greer
@Kate Chloe

I smiled at her. “yes you can hug me.” this is why I didn’t talk about it. People always felt sorry for me. I didn’t like that really. “I don’t really like to talk about that much. It’s in the past and I like to look at the future. So I promise we won’t talk about that again, but it is nice to know I have someone to talk to if I choose to.” I smile and we hug.

@Jass Aria

I grabbed my stuff too. I smiled weakly at him. “thanks.” I said as we headed to the door. I wondered where we would go though. “where do you want to go?”

@Jass Owen

I giggled at him. “As expected, you can’t get me out of your luminosa(bright) head.” When I heard him say his line. “don’t flatter yourself. You aren’t in my head. You are like the annoying person I can’t seem to get rid of.” I giggled more. Truth was I liked him a lot. I have for the last year, but I could never tell him I actually liked him. “oh it would be a much better life I’m sure.” I joked. I loved joking and stuff with him. It actually made my days easier. It took my mind off the fact my parents weren’t around much. They substituted money for their absence. That’s how I had my hair died professionally every chance I could and the reason I had my piercings and tattoos. He was my steady place. He was my calm and regular. I wasn’t sure if that made sense if I ever said it out loud though. I couldn’t let him know how much I cared for him. We made our way into the auditorium and I slightly pushed him playfully of course. “you’re something else Vince.” I smiled at him then we were inside. “where do you want to sit? Together?” I asked as we looked around for seats.

@Tina.G Enzo

“What’s Louisiana like? In my head I picture this always hot, oceanish, crocodile, Mardi Gras capital. Pretty much—I know nothing of it.” I smiled when I heard him. I chuckled when he said crocodile. “actually it’s alligators not crocodiles.” I laughed “it is hot most of the time. We don’t have ocean. We have the Gulf of Mexico which is dirty Mississippi River water that meets the ocean. It’s not beautiful like the ocean in Florida. Yes it is the Mardi Gras capital. Where I live is where everyone comes for Mardi Gras actually. Bourbon street is not a place you want to be at Mardi Gras time. It smells like throw up and pee.” I shivered as I thought about it. “only cool thing is the floats. They throw all kind of stuff. Some throw beads, candy, cups, and all sorts of little things but some throw Jell-O shots into the crowd. The night time parade is the best. All the beautiful lights on the floats. It’s so nice. Maybe one time you can come home with me for Mardi Gras break.” I smile at him.

@Tina.G Rodney

FinnForChay

“I meant you. You’re not ugly so your reason for not being in front of a camera is … baseless and honestly kinda biased. I mean … Who told you that you’re ugly that you actually believed them?” I probably made a weird face when she said it. “I don’t think anyone ever told me that. I just don’t see myself that kind of way. That’s all.” I said to her with a smile. “I’m not an idiot. Thank you very much. I just don’t really care about looks is all.” I put my head up higher like I’m not fazed by what she just said to me. I mean I just like photography. It’s my hobby.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond Shiloh

“yeah it’s boring to hear the same old speech every year. Like it would be different if she changed it up. Ya know?” I chuckle. I look around the auditorium as we talk. “we should do a YouTube video soon” I say as I think about things. Truth was, yes my parents were rich, however I have been making my own money for some time now. It’s just they put most of it into a savings account for me for college. So it sucks but they do allow me to spend some as well. [/color=teal] “So when we done with this why ya doing?” [/color]

@idiot.exe Adrian

I smile as he said what he said. It made me feel good. “I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world to be honest.” I smiled as I kept decorating his side of things. I climb up on the desk to hang some stuff above it for him.

@bpalmer what If Leo starts to fall and Killian catches him.

6 Likes

I smile as I put my clothes away but when I turn around and see Leo standing on my desk I get some anxiety. “Please be careful up there.” I say as I come closer. I was glad Leo helped me hang stuff up but he always made me anxious when he just climbed up on furniture to do it.
@ChayChay05 im sold

2 Likes