St. Andrew’s Academy Official Thread

"Delusional as always, I see. Ya know, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery actually, no wonder those parrots from that class zoo trip kept their mouth shut around you.” Kendrie turned around to give Ethan a nice and perfectly timed uncomfortable glare. Kendrie had turned, heading towards the door talking over her shoulder. “We’re going to be late if you don’t start moving. You can gawk at me during assembly, Ethan.” Ethan laughed, “You wish, Witchy. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have more important things to do.” He turned the opposite direction and entered the main office, at first Kendrie hadn’t even noticed he left.

As Kendrie continued on her way to the first day speech of the principal, she couldn’t help but roll her eyes when she realized Ethan hadn’t followed her. At least I hadn’t tried to talk to him. Typical Ethan, always finding some way to mock her. She shook her head, focusing her attention back on the task at hand. Entering the packed auditorium, Kendrie scanned the room for a familiar face but saw no sign. Good riddance, she thought to herself. She could handle this assembly perfectly fine without him. She had always prided herself on being independent and strong-willed. Ethan’s absence only confirmed that she didn’t need him by her side. As she spotted the principal near the stage, Kendrie’s mind began to wander. Despite her snippy interactions with Ethan, there was always a part of her that secretly enjoyed their banter. It added a certain thrill to their conversations, and she had come to appreciate the sharpness of his wit. But of course, she would never admit that out loud. Ever.

As Kendrie scanned the crowded auditorium again, her eyes landed on a familiar face. There, standing towards the back, was Ethan. A small jolt of surprise coursed through her, but she quickly composed herself, unwilling to give him the satisfaction of knowing she would eventually go to him. She clenched her fists, determined to stay rooted in her spot. No matter what, she refused to make the first move. Ethan could come to her if he had something important to say. But… The thought of their usual banter echoed in her mind, tempting her to go over and engage him in a snarky exchange. But in that moment, she decided against it. She would prove to herself that she didn’t need him or his constant presence in her life. Plus, they had hardly spoken this summer. Why did that have to change?

However, as she continued her gaze across the room, something caught her eye. Or rather lack off. There were no spots left… or at least not any acceptable choices. Except…A vacant chair next to Ethan. Her curiosity piqued, she tried to disregard it, reminding herself that it was none of her concern. With a subtle sigh, Kendrie reluctantly made her way towards the empty chair. Thoughts raced through her mind, wondering why that seat was unoccupied. Could it be that Ethan had purposely saved it for her? She laughed at herself.

“Done flirting with the office ladies?” It was an educated guess, but what else would he be doing? Obviously not changing. “And of any choice of cloth on the earth, what are you wearing? Okay, we get it. Uniforms are hot. But people are gonna think I’m sick or unstable or whatever if a paramedic keeps tailing me.” Kendrie promptly sat, not looking at him. She hoped he wouldn’t pick that up.

@Bluecookies • Ethan • Someonw teach me to write rp :smiley: first I go good, then super short, and now really long, I need that middle ground :sob:

2 Likes

Owen had entered the room with his sister, he took her in for the embrace. “Thanks Ari, hey, try and focus less on school this year, let go a bit, ya know, friendships and fun are important too!” he encouraged her sister to be a touch less serious this year, let loose a bit. After all, these years, even if they were in this fancy school, these were the least restricted of their life possibly. Away from their parents, in school, not everything was supposed to be taken as seriously as his sister did.
He went to greet some of his team mates from the basketball team. But then, a certain someone caught his attention. Lila had always caught his interest, being exactly his type physically. Yet, there was something about the girl that made her mysterious, tough to approach. Owen got the feeling she always had her walls up, however, he felt a pull to be in her life, to be there for her. So he walked over to her, “Hey Lila, what’s up?” he looked at her with a gentle smile on his face, “Joining some sport teams again this year?”

@ChayChay05 - Lila

As Jasper was walking towards the auditorium for the opining of the academic year, his second year as freshman, something stopped him in his ways. He heard some tones from a guitar, which he followed. He had enjoyed the emotion he could feel was put into the music. Just as he reached the room the sound had come from, the sound had stopped and a guy left the room. Jasper had not met him before, but felt somewhat intimidated by the guy, yet there was a certain intrigue too. He didn’t show his intimation, at least not in more than avoiding direct eye contact with the guy, his voice however, was confident and his demeanor with a sense of certainty in approaching the guy, even with the intimidation he feels. “G’day mate,” he spoke, a twinge of curiosity woven into his tone. “Couldn’t resist the pull of those guitar strings. That was something else, a ripper performance. Serious talent you’ve got there.”

@bpalmer - Brex

4 Likes

Pretend Banner: Phoenix Harper

“Oh good,” Phoenix blew out a breath, a smile creeping across their face as the boy giggled. Phoenix couldn’t help but chuckle too, feeling a flicker of warmth spread through their chest. It was refreshing to encounter someone who could take an unexpected situation with humor. And it’s not like Phoenix had planned it—so again, not there fault. “Hope that didn’t mess up anything.” Phoenix tried to shut there mouth, but one more sentence escaped anyway. “Not that I could ever mess anything up, but you know.” They shrugged, dragging their chain back in line with the chair in front of them. “Phoenix. Who are you?” It might not have been traditional, but it would definitely help speed things up. Phoenix extended their hand for a fist bump, this would be the final moment of truth for artists boy here.

@bpalmer • Mateo • Honestly still learning how to write Phoenix :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

FinnForChay

He rolled his eyes at her and her comment. He wasn’t sure if that was true or not. “That’s what you say, but you have no idea.” he winks at her. Little did she know he already had a kissed a girl. They went a little further than that but didn’t go all the way. “I mean, maybe you even liked it.” He joked and smiled.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

I was walking down the hall towards the auditorium when I heard my name by a familiar voice. I didn’t even have to turn around to know who it was. We had been roommates since my freshman year so no surprise that I recognized the voice. “hey Adrian, of course dude. Did you miss me?” I asked as he caught up to me. We then fell into the same steps as we kept walking towards our destination. “how was your summer?”

@idiot.exe

I look at the pictures on his fun. He looked so uncomfortable and it didn’t suit him well. I mean it wasn’t bad, just not his style. “wow. I can’t believe Danny did that to you.” I said as I looked back at him. I smiled at him. [color=cyan] “I mean it wasn’t too bad but your normal style is better and suits you more to be honest.”

@bpalmer

I was sitting in the auditorium with most of the students. I was drawing on my phone on ibis paint. Then I heard a voice I knew. It snapped me out of my doodling. I looked up and smiled at her as I tucked away my phone. “hey Aria, my summer was pretty good. Just did a lot of conditioning for volleyball of course. Practice practice. And spent some time with my brother and sister back home in Auckland. How was yours?”

I was sitting in a chair. Waiting for the headmaster to make her speech. I just couldn’t believe how lucky I was to be here and not at home. The summer was horrible. I wish I could have went anywhere else for the summer to be honest. My dad… once again… gave me to men. I mean yes I was older now but if I fought the guys, they would beat me. So it was just better to not fight them. I mean they were always on some kind of drugs. I hated this life but I loved school because it was an escape from the life my dad handed me. I was thinking about everything when I heard Owen. We had meant my freshman year. And still 3 years later in my junior year, we didn’t really know each other all that well. Who would have thought you could know someone for 3 years yet still not know much about them. Part of me wanted to change that this year, but at the same time I was so scared to let anyone in. I mean what if they judge me. What if I tell them anything about myself and they feel sorry for me. What if they look at me differently because while I’ve never actually dated someone and willingly had sex. I’m technically not a virgin. What do they found any of this out. The kids here would bully me and pick on me and be ugly and mean about it all. So it’s best to keep to myself. I then remembered that Owen talked to me. “Hey.” I said then looked at him. “I’m just waiting on Ms McGrath to make her speech, and I’m on a field hockey scholarship so I’m definitely playing that sport. And we will see, probably one more. What about you?”

@Jass

4 Likes

“How was your summer?” Enzo merely put himself back into character, pretending he was narrating his life. “Ah Jade, my summer was an absolute marvel. An aventura filled with memories that will last a las toda la vida (last a life time). I had the privilege of returning to my beloved, Italy, basking in the warmth of the sun and the rich history I immersed myself in the vibrant culture, indulging in delectable cuisine, and exploring the breathtaking sights that grace the streets of my beloved city. It was truly a summer to remember.” Enzo dramatically clasped his hands together, pretending to dream about his own life.

“But enough about me, my pata. It seems you had quite the eventful summer yourself," Enzo said with a sly grin. "Drinking, hmm? If I recall that’s not a usual American habit for under… what age do you guys that here? Eighteen? Care to enlighten me?” He winked at her, knowing exactly what he was doing. Enzo’s tone carried a playful yet slightly… suggesting undertone, his words enticing Jayda to share her experiences while leaving room for him to further converse—plus, Enzo was never one to shy away from a challenge - especially when it came to capturing Jayda’s attention.

Rodney’s genuine smile made Kenneth’s nerves settle a bit. The way Rodney seemed to brush off their accident put Kenneth at ease, and he felt himself warming up to this tall stranger. Rodney’s next question about a nickname caught Kenneth off guard again. He hadn’t expected the conversation to turn in that direction, but he found himself intrigued by Rodney’s interest. “Yeah, sure. You can call me Ken,” he responded, his voice a touch softer than before. “Or, uh, some people call me Birdie.” Kenneth offered both possibilities, unsure of what Rodney’s reaction would be.

@ChayChay05:sparkles:

2 Likes

I just looked at him trying to read him while he talked. He said one word I wasn’t sure what it meant since it might have been Italian. my pata I thought as I listened closely and waited for him to stop talking. I giggled when he said the drinking age was eighteen. “actually the drinking age here in America is 21. However my parents buy my alcohol. They love me and give me everything I want. Which you already know.” I giggled again. I loved having rich famous parents that didn’t care what I did as long as I wasn’t killing
anyone. It made things so much more fun and exciting. I then look at him. “what age can you drink in Italy Vince? I’m sure it has to be at least eighteen.” I then stuck my tongue out at him. I knew he hated it when I called him Vince and that’s what made it even more fun.

I smiled as I listened to him talk. I was intrigued honestly. He seemed kinda shy which just made me want to know more. “May I ask why birdie? Like what’s the story there? I mean if I’m gonna call you it I gotta know the story. So when people ask me I can be like there is a story there. Ya know what I mean?” I smile again as I keep watching people walk by us since we were still standing by the door but not in the way.

@Tina.G

2 Likes

“You don’t even know the half of it.”

What Eve said piqued Hope’s interest. Though she knew she shouldn’t intrude, her curiosity got the best of her. She needed an answer. “What don’t I know?” She tilted her head. “Of course, I don’t mean to push you if it’s private. But I’m here if you need someone to talk to.”

Evelyn was an outcast, but she still held connections to her wealthy family. Any information on her could give Hope a leverage. She was prepared to closely listen to her words, making mental notes of her tone and which aspects seemed to affect her the most. And as her father taught her - detach herself from the subject. It’s easier to manipulate them that way.

But still, something felt off about her method. Even if she’d been doing that since she arrived at the academy, it made her feel a way… that was hard to put into words. An emotion she couldn’t quite pinpoint.

“Swimming hasn’t been the same as it used to be, Hope,” Evelyn continued speaking about her experience, her voice showing disappointment. Hope nodded along.

“I’m sorry to hear that. But I have to say, I’m glad you’re back as well,” she looked ahead, checking how far they have until they reach the auditorium. “I have to say, the competition is my favorite part. I get to compare myself to the very best swimmers of this academy. It’s a great way to learn.”

@Tina.G ✿⁠.⁠*⁠・~ Evelyn Bauer

Outfit

1 Like

Chloe

This was my first year here even though I was a junior. I started to slack off in school and quit my sports which isn’t like me. My parents always wanted me and my sisters to be perfect and they are but I was tired of following what and who they wanted me to be. I knew my good friend who I used to date goes here but I figured I would meet him later. As I was walking I saw a girl who was right outside the auditorium but didn’t go in. “Hey you new here to?”

@ChayChay05

3 Likes

I had stepped back outside the auditorium since it was taking so long. All the people kinda had me nervous. I was standing outside and a girl walked up to me. “it’s my first year here. I’m a freshman.” I answer the girl. I smile shyly at her

@Kate

2 Likes

Chloe

She says she was a freshman. “Oh cool I’m a junior and I’m new myself”. I smile back at her. “So what brought you to this school?”

@ChayChay05

3 Likes

I smile at her as she asks me this question. The one thing I’m not shy about and I love to talk about is my art. “I’m on an art scholarship. What about you?” I ask really kinda curious.

@Kate

2 Likes

Chloe

“Oh that’s awesome so you must be really good art art then. It’s really a long story but short story is I’m not here on scholarship. I could be but I didn’t really try the last year or so. I mean there’s more to it to but it’s not important. What’s your favorite thing you drew or paint”

@ChayChay05

3 Likes

I listen to her. Then she asks me what my favorite thing is. I had to think. what is my favorite thing to draw. I don’t even think I know. I smile when I finally think of something. “it’s really hard to think of just one favorite but honestly it would have to be sunsets.”

@Kate

1 Like

Chloe

I listen to her and nod my head. “Oh those can be pretty cool and nice” I smile at her. “Oh by the way I’m Chloe sorry I forgot to mention my name earlier”

@ChayChay05

2 Likes

I smile as I think about drawing and painting and all that stuff. Then she says her name and I realized I didn’t say mine either. I don’t usually really talk to people. I’m so shy normally. “I’m Camila, nice to meet you.” I smile at her, I was kinda nervous. “I’m a little nervous about being here.”

@Kate

2 Likes

“What don’t I know?” Eve looked around, checking for any preying ears or eyes…“Of course, I don’t mean to push you if it’s private. But I’m here if you need someone to talk to.” Evelyn was touched, she sighed before starting. Well, my brother is here this year but I… I think I’m not really supposed to… ‘bring him into my drama’ as mom suggested.” Eve let out a dry and humorless laugh. “And you heard about them sending me to live in North Carolina, right? With my aunt so I could ‘take a break’ and … touch grass.” Eve rolled her eyes. Touch grass. She tsked.

“I’m sorry to hear that. But I have to say, I’m glad you’re back as well,” Evelyn simply liked the sound of someone cooing to her whims. So she listened contentedly. “I have to say, the competition is my favorite part. I get to compare myself to the very best swimmers of this academy. It’s a great way to learn.” That perked Eve up just a bit. “You’re right, Hope. We’ll definitely crush this season. If Kendrie doesn’t get the need to be better than everyone, again. I can’t stand her sometimes. Anyways,” Evelyn and Hope walked into the auditorium, volume going from ten to one hundred real quick.

@idiot.exe • Hope • I just wanted to diss Kendrie a bit :sob:

1 Like

“What age can you drink in Italy Vince? I’m sure it has to be at least eighteen.” Vincenzo’s eyes narrowed, but a playful smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as he listened to Jayda’s words. He knew she was deliberately using his least preferred nickname, but he wasn’t one to let it faze him. Much. With a hint of mischief in his voice, he decided to respond, leaning back casually against the wall.

“Ah, cara mia(my darling), it seems your knowledge of Italian customs is as limited as ever. In Italy, we can rejoice in the sweet taste of vino as early as sixteen,” Vincenzo replied, his Italian accent rolling off his tongue effortlessly. "But remember, pata, il anatroccolo (duckling), drinking at such a tender age is mostly reserved for those special family occasions. But I must say… my first time was at ten….” He looked down at her, smiling at how bright her hair was. “Not to flex.” He chuckled.

He paused for a moment, a glimmer of nostalgia dancing in his eyes as he reminisced about his childhood in Italy. "In fact, I have fond memories of sitting at the family table, savoring the notes of our local wine, while Mama prepared the most mouthwatering feasts. It was a time of togetherness and celebration, something that transcends mere age restrictions. Can’t you relate?” He teased out, just prying.

Vincenzo’s voice softened, revealing a gentler side of him as he continued, “But here in America’s, it seems they prefer a more conservative approach. Twenty-one is the magic number for indulging in the pleasures of alcohol. Ah, yet another difference that reminds me how I’ve come to appreciate the blend of traditions. So weird though.”

He glanced at Jayda, his eyes sparkling with a devilish charm. "So, il anatroccolo, keep asking about my knowledge of Italian culture, remember that I am always ready to enlighten you, mio tesoro. It proves you care, you mushy wooshy.”[/center] Enzo cooed, as if he was speaking to a baby.

Kenneth felt a surge of both pride and a flicker of fluster as Rodney addressed him. He had always been somewhat self-conscious about his drawing attention, but this felt… fine. With a humble grin, he leaned casually against the nearby wall. “Yeah, sure,” Kenneth’s enthusiasm grew as he continued, recounting the early days of his parkour journey. It pretty much is my love of everything aerial. I’d leap over fences, scale walls, and flip off rooftops with ease. Some kids from my old school started calling me Birdie as a way of acknowledging that. It kind of stuck, and I’ve grown to love—like, it.” He shrugged.

@ChayChay05 •• love all of them :sob::heart:

2 Likes

I just listened to him. As he leaned against the wall I could sense his arrogance. I hated when he talked in Italian. I could only understand a little. Something’s I didn’t know. However if I could remember them later I always tend to look them up. I mean I gotta know what he is saying to me. I have realized that most of what he says is like my darling and stuff like that or close to that. I didn’t understand him. He was like flirty but condescending and mean at the same time. He drove me crazy in all honesty. “who says I care? Maybe I’m just trying to learn something new about another culture because I want to learn things.” I sigh and turn away from his gaze. “I mean come on Vince isn’t it fun to learn things about different cultures and customs? And who better to learn it from than someone from there?” I then turn back to him and smirk at him. He did usually get me rattled or worked up but I tried my best to not let it show.

I smiled and listened as he talked. I loved getting to know people. “oh that’s cool. I like to jump too. Well in basketball anyways.” I chuckle “so is this your first year here? I don’t remember seeing you last year.” I smiled as I leaned against the wall with him.

@Tina.G

2 Likes

Brex
Brex was trying so hard to force himself to the stupid welcome thing and not just turn around and say screw it he wasnt going. Honestly he was pretty tempted and if he knew no major consequences would come from skipping he would one hundred percent do it. He sighed loud and tugged on his sleeves. He may be nearly six months sober but that didnt mean that this agreement to be here instead of a rehab facility that his father had made with him was really any kind of win in his eyes. Brex whipped around when he heard someone’s voice and was honestly a bit shocked to see someone he knew with absolute certainty he did not know talking presumable to him. “Um the bloody hell can I help you with?” he asked not only a bit confused but slightly annoyed and intrigued at the same time. Annoyed because who the hell was this guy and intrigued because why was this guy talking to him so openly. “Bloody hell man you just wanted to talk about me tuning my guitar. If you found that impressive you should hear me play my base or my electric guitar and actually play something more than just my tuning of the cords.” Brex scoffed a little but also smirked a bit he took pride at having talent in music after all it was one of the only things he got from growing up how he did that usually wasnt frowned on.

@Jass (Sorry this is late I went to a drag show for my friend it was his first non armature performance)

Teo
Teo relaxed back into his seat a bit and tucked his pencil behind his ear. Abandoning his messy doodles in favor of trying to take the opportunity to make friends that literally almost just fell into his lap. Mateo heard the kid and shook his head. “Honestly not much you could mess up. Im no artist thats my sister I just was doodling to keep my hands and mind busy.” thats when Teo realized his hands were slightly shaking his tell that he was anxious. It was something he could hide well if he was doing something with his hand but just sitting here hands empty he was hopeless to hide it. The kid came off as kind of arrogant but Mateo could take it he didnt love that but maybe the kid wasnt really that way and it was just how they came off in first impressions. So Teo would give them the benefit of the doubt even if this potential arrogance bothered him some. “Mateo but you can call me Teo or Mateo honestly either.” he replied knocking his fist against the others. “Pronouns?” It was something Teo asked everyone new he met and sometimes people would get annoyed but honestly he asked hoping others would ask him back. It was easier now because he honestly passed really well but when that wasnt so much the case he always wanted to make sure his pronouns were respected but just saying them unprompted felt almost rude,

@Tina.G (Sorry this is late I went to a drag show for my friend it was his first non armature performance)

Killian
I just laughed a little as Leo too in all the glory that was this outfit that Kashel (older brother’s name) had put me in. It was far from something I ever would have picked out for myself. I wasnt always the most fashion forward but I tended to aim more for comfort out of my clothes. I also guess I couldnt complain much it wasnt like I had club or going out clothes really. “Yeah no Kashel did me kind of dirty my mum saw and she honestly didnt know what to say and you know that she is so opinionated that it is unheard of for her to be at a loss for words.” I say as I chuckle. “Jeans and a t shirt im not sure classifies as much of a style Leo it feels more like a simplicity related things.” I say shrugging

@ChayChay05 (Sorry this is late I went to a drag show for my friend it was his first non armature performance)

3 Likes

I smile at him. “well jeans and t-shirt is your style. It’s not like it’s always a plain white t-shirt. I mean your t-shirts say things and stuff. So yeah. It is a style still.” I smile at him. I nudge his shoulder playfully. And I point to two guys talking by the door both leaning on the wall. “one day… that will be you. Chilling and talking to your man.” I smile at him it was so obvious that he wanted a relationship. I wanted to find him one. Maybe I could find someone for him.

@bpalmer

3 Likes