"Started with a Prompt" - Official RP

This is an RP that start from prompt thirteen on the RP prompt thread!
@OhSumana, @CerealKiller, and I (@CrazyCaliope) wanted to continue the story but it is for anyone else to join us if they want. Just create a character in your head and write them into the story below! (wink)

This RP is a little different though, as we have no FCs or sign-ups. We create the characters and story as we go. Hence why we say anyone can join us, we just ask that you read what has already been written.

Feel free to read along with the story and like the posts, it will motivate us to continue onward. (wink) But if you want to comment on it as you read along, that’s cool, just please blur or hide it on the thread.

The Prompt:

Lewis Nelson

‘343,041 people died in 1952 but it began with one man.’ Lewis had written on the paper 40 minutes ago and then promptly left the comfort of his dorm room to join the boys in a game of footy. It was wet and muddy but they didn’t care, it was part of the fun. Besides, for Lewis, it also meant he escaped his writing, as well as spending more time with Martin.

5 Likes

do we need to copy paste all our posts from prompt thread?

2 Likes

Martin Taylor (@OhSumana)

As soon as his tall and muscular stature dressed in a team jersey stepped into the field, the snort nosed players of the opponent team scrunched up their noses, “Oh look! Scar is here!”, someone teased and he could feel his own teammates giving him hateful stares. Unbothered, Martin proceeded toward the oval shaped field his blonde locks dangled before the side of his face hiding a long old scar on his cheek. Granted most people did not like him for many reasons along with that scar , but he was a skilled player. He still had an hour until the game would start. He was doing some stretches in the isolated corner of the field when he saw Lewis approaching. Martin’s face lit up and a smile materialized on his face. “Hey Nelson, over here!” he called out loudly and waved his hand.

Lewis Nelson (@CrazyCaliope)

“Hey Marty,” Lewis shouted back as he made his way around the field. “Any chance you finished the history paper? I just can’t understand my notes, man.”

Jerrold Packerson (@BlackBlood)

“What? Been up all night writing?” Jerrold teased with a giggle, kneeling down to tie his shoe. The sun peered from behind the clouds and radiated onto his melanated skin. As the sun came into view, so did his gleaming grin as he squinted while tying up his dreads into a neat bun. Jogging in place, he nodded to the McCarthy twins. “Those guys giving you a hard time?” He asked Martin.

Shawn Parsons (@CerealKiller)

“You guys are wasting air and time let’s just play” Shawn said emphasizing the word ‘and’ as he walked into the field, grabbing the ball from the ground and playing with it in his hand while walking towards his teammates.
“Just ignore them” he said with a shrug “they don’t have anything in their tiny little heads anyway, at least they can use their legs though” he added with half a laugh and looked over at the other team and rolled his eyes

Lewis Nelson (@/CrazyCaliope)

Lewis chuckled, shaking his head. “Nah, Jerry, man, I started it about an hour ago and just can’t do it. Don’t think I’m going to pass this class.” Then looking over at Martin, he nudged him with his arm, partly to be cheerful and partly as a way to ask him if he’s alright. When Shawn came over, Lewis turned his head to him away from Marty and laughed along with him. “There is that. You guys keeping score in this practice?”

2 Likes

Martin Taylor (@/OhSumana)

Martin had learnt to shrug off such teases long ago. Yes, life was not easy for his family after his father went missing, but he was not at fault. But he appreciated his friends being concerned about him. Martin flashed them a grateful smile. “Nah, I’m fine, guys.”, he answered to both Shawn and Jerrold.

Martin was beaming with suppressed joy when Lewis showed up. He did enjoy being around him and often wondered if Lewis liked him in that way. However, he felt awkward being asked about his history paper and rubbed his neck. “Don’t ask me about it, Lewy. You know, I’m terrible at it.”, he mumbled. Tell truth, he seemed to terrible at all subjects.

Shawn Parsons (@/CerealKiller)

“Hell yeah” Shawn smiled back at Martin as he said he was fine,
He threw the ball up and caught it again, “I got my sister’s notes if you want” he said as he overheard them talk about the history paper “she sure knows how to make good notes” he laughed lightly

Watching Martin rub his neck, looking a little awkward, Lewis raised his right eyebrow at him. How about we work on it together, after this game? It would be great to-" He faltered, his beaming smile fell and he shrugged, trying not to show too much enthusiasm. What would the others think of him? They’d mock him terribly and he’d never hear the end of it, never live it down.
Shawn mentioned his sister’s notes, and Lewis nodded in response, “Oh, yeah, how’d you get them from her? You can’t have asked, she didn’t let you use her pencil last week.”

He laughed, it was true, his sister never gave him things. They weren’t exactly the ideal image of the perfect siblings but it didn’t really bother him just as much.
“I have my ways” he smirked while he rotated the ball on his finger and caught it again.
A little friendly blackmail doesn’t hurt doesn’t? Benefited both sides, his sister didn’t get ratted out to their parents, and he got the notes. Perfect isn’t it?

2 Likes

Martin rolled his eyes but chuckled. School life had its own perks and he again got reminded that he was going to miss this pretty bad next year. Tucking a lock of his blonde hair behind his left ear he crossed his arms against his muscular chest. “Whoa, at least I earned all the C and B with my own merit. H€ll knows I used to wonder how’d you get those As with that birdbrain, Shawn the sheep.” he teased jokingly.

“But if you’re sure you can get those notes from your sister…” he begun and quickly stole a glance at Lewis. Obviously he was finding excuse to spend some time with him. “… We could do a group study this evening? You know… Since Lewy also needed help and I’m totally hopeless here?” it came out more as a request.

“Your ways? You thieving lunatic,” Lewis suggested in jest. Watch the football spin on tip Shawn, he continued to jest, “You wanna take it to the court instead of the field, that’s not a basketball.”
Lewis laughed at Martin’s remark on Shawn’s intellect. “B’s? Lucky for some, I’m scraping by with my C’s and the D here and there.” He shrugged. “C’s still get degrees.” Lewis’ beaming smile returned with a nod. “Yeah, we should use the notes after the game, yeah?! When is this game continuing?”

“Maybe a sheep,” he started “but tell that to the A’ I’m going to get on the history paper” he said

He let out a small laugh at the remark,
“Not a basketball but it spins better than the gears in your brain” he smirked jokingly, and playfully threw the ball at Lewis
“Let’s play” he said “enough chit chat”

Lewis’ quick reflexes were able to catch the incoming ball in both hands before it hit him square in the chest. “Least I don’t have to cheat my way to a passing grade, eh.” Instead of passing the back again, he shifted it so it was now wedged between his left side and arm, just under his armpit. “Yeah, let’s.”

3 Likes

“Good game guys,” he said as he sat on the bench to rest a bit after the game ended. “Good game”
The game was fun, but definitely tiring like any other game, all the running would tire pretty much anyone.
“Especially when that d!ck face fell on his face that was AMAZING” he laughed reminiscing of a guy from the other team that fell on his face during the game

Martin took off sweaty jersey as the game ended and grabbed his towel intending to wipe off the drops of sweats running against the skin of muscled torso. He badly needed a shower for he refused to stink around Lewis, well, around everyone but especially Lewis. Not to mention his boots were covered with filth and mud. My new boots… - he thought and sighed before he returned his attention to Shawn. “Well he deserved it. If he hadn’t, I’d have tackled him intentionally.”, he answered dryly, “Man, he’s crazy! Who the h€ll bites to tackle the opponent?” he added grimacing.

Lewis was the last one off the field, trudging back through the mud while acknowledging the other players with pats on the back and getting the same in return. He stopped at the sideline when he saw Martin removed his shirt, looking directly at that chiselled stone that were his abs. Lewis realised he was staring and quickly looked up to see both Martin and Shawn’s faces, then walked over. “He had it coming. He won’t be biting anyone anytime soon, not with the way his jaw hit the ground. He’s gonna be struggling to get.” He looked over at Marty and said a nonchalantly as he could muster, “You trying to attract someone having those on display?”

“I’d never bite him I won’t be surprised if dude never even went into a shower” He laughed lightly as stretching his arms and legs.
He glanced over at the guys while talking, he was one who tends to look around and rarely keep his eyes focused at one thing, which usually got him to notice things others didn’t, but he didn’t usually pay too much attention to things.
He snorted a laugh at Lewis’s comment on Marty “Why, did it work?” He smirked in a teasing manner

Let’s continue…

3 Likes

Martin Taylor

Martin was slow to understand the tease in hidden Shawn’s and Lewis’ comments. He frowned as he was drying the sweat with his towel. As he was done he put back on the jersey. “I don’t know what you’re talking abou–”, he paused in-between his sentence and left a not of awkward silence now realizing what Lewy meant. Coughing slightly to cut the awkwardness he answered, “No, I just feel hot. Hey Shawn, Lewy meet you up in 30 in Shawn’s room? I need a shower.”, diverting the topic immediately so that Shawn would not make another tease out of it again

@CrazyCaliope
@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Lewis Nelson

When Shawn asked if it worked, Lewis had to try to laugh off the comment. Replying sarcastically, “Yeah, you bet. That the only reason I play the game is for the end of it.” Lewis hated having to force a laugh to hide who he was. He wasn’t comfortable with it, it didn’t feel like him.
Lewis tried hard not to look when Martin was drying himself off, especially hiding any disappointment he felt when he covered up. Quickly looking out to the field, nodding in agreement, he uttered with a slight mumble, “Mm-hmm, the paper, need to shower first.” Lewis was already heading toward the locker rooms before he had finished the sentence.

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

Sorry guys, I’m having a tough week.

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

”Fair enough” he said, and picked up his bottle drinking water to refresh himself.
Ah yes the paper” he said , the adrenaline rush in his body after the game got him a bit unfocused so he momentarily forgot about the paper they were talking about only a few minutes ago.
”Shower it is” he said before following the boy who just turned and left. ”you coming?” he turned to Martin

@OhSumana
@CrazyCaliope it’s okay :heart:

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

A mischievous smirk materialized on Martin’s face as Lewis scurried himself toward the locker room. Impure imaginations clouded his thoughts even after he broke the gaze and headed toward the same destination. But that was until Shawn opened his mouth. Martin glanced at him.

“-To join you in the shower? No thanks” , he chuckled softly at his own joke.

He never cared about what other thought about him for being attracted to guys. What Lewy thought of him, obviously mattered. Fearing that he might not be interested, Martin would rather not flirt with him openly.

After a long shower, he came back to the locker room with nothing but a white towel wrapped around his waist, a few droplets of water still rolling down by his neck, broad chest, abs. The set of clothes he left in the locker room were decent enough - a black shirt and denim. Martin honestly liked his Thor type of look. Leaning his back against his locker door, he waited for others to dress up.

@CerealKiller
@CrazyCaliope

Yup, no problem :+1:

2 Likes

Lewis Nelson

First in the shower and first out, was Lewis’ usual way. He was insecure about his size, especially when standing next to Martin and Shawn. Shawn was a reasonably big bloke who liked to keep fit, and Martin was… well, Martin. His chest, arms, and legs rippled with muscles that could be seen even with his shirt on. The two of them together made him feel even smaller than he actually was. Although Lewis wasn’t too puny, he did have a few muscles, he was known for his smaller size and lightning agility on the field. However, the locker room was another story. Self-confidence in there was on an all-time low.
Quickly leaving the showers in only a towel, he raced to his locker and pulled out his clothes; Long tan-coloured cotton dress shorts with Vans sneakers and a dark green tee with the slogan "I got a Dig Bick… oops, did you read that wrong?" As Lewis changed, he was careful about who could see him and also not to make it too obvious that he was watching Martin as he changed. Slamming his locker shut, he sat on the bench in front of his locker and looked across at Martin. “Hey man, nice look.” Then he added when he remembered they weren’t alone. “Where’s Shawn got to?”

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

Shawn snorted a small laugh at Martin’s comment, ”Your loss kiddo” he joked with a smirk, even though he didn’t actually want that and Martin wasn’t even that much younger than him to be considered a kiddo, only a few months in between.

As they got to the locker room Shawn grabbed his stuff and checked his phone before heading to the shower. He was the last one to go in and the last to come out. From the shower he vaguely heard his name being mentioned after he momentarily stopped the water to shampoo his hair ”Still in the shower!” he called out and turned the water back finishing a few minutes later.

When he finished he came out of the shower with a towel around his waist and took his cloths out of the locker, wearing a pair of lightish blue ripped Jeans and a white tee with a brand symbol on it, shut his locker and went back to the guys. ”I’m back, pftt can start” he added jokingly

@OhSumana @CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

Martin had felt a pair of eyes on his back as he was changing into his clothes. Obviously, he could easily guess the true owner of them. Smiling to himself he shook his head. Oh, Lewy. Just quit this hesitation and accept it. - he mumbled in his head. Turning around, as he faced him , he could hardly hold back his chuckle seeing the slogan printed on his tee. “Is that a compliment? Why thanks. Is the statement true though?” , he teased him purely out curiosity to witness his reaction. Martin was truly in a happy mood today.

Shortly after when Shawn joined them into the locker room and started to change. Martin averted his gaze toward him. “Shawn, do you like do a dance or something in shower? Why are you always the last one?” , he asked jokingly shoving his hands into his pockets and that was when he felt the vibration of his phone. Pulling it out, he glanced at the caller ID, and cheerful mood was gone within an instant. His expression turned gloomy. The call was from police station. I swear if it’s about the old bast–

“Excuse me, guys, you can start, I’ll join you soon.” , he somehow uttered but almost hurriedly walking out of the room to receive the call.

@CrazyCaliope
@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Lewis Nelson

A confident smirk appeared on Lewis’ face as he looked down at his Tee then back up at to Martin. “What do you think, Marty, wanna see, man? Maybe take a peek in the shower next time if you’re game.” That was a little too full-on for Lewis and he quickly turned around to stare at his locker, a little warm around his collar. He cursed his brain for being so forward. He wasn’t sure why he said it but there was something about Marty that clouded his thoughts when he was alone with him.
When Shawn rounded the corner from the showers and Martin made a joke, Lewis laughed abruptly at it before adding, “Yeah, you already have the girls hanging off you, it’ not as if you need to look any better to get more. Or has one turned you down, is that even possible?”
A phone rang and Martin answered it, his mood instantly changing. As he excused himself and started to leave, Lewis looked concerned about what that could be about. “Yeah, man, you good?”

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

As Martin’s first reflex was to excuse himself into temporary solitude where anyone could not eavesdrop on his conversation after checking the ID, he headed toward the door but halted abruptly because of Lewis’ concerned question. “I’m fine. Just a second.” he said and finally went out to receive the call.

He distanced himself from the door and exhaled , as the voice on the other side spoke, “Martin Taylor?”, in a deep manly and professional voice. “Y-Yeah, speaking.”, he responded slightly stammering, in a nervous tone. “Jim Taylor has been spotted in the town again and we believe he’s up to something again. At any day any time if you catch a glance of him, please don’t hesitate to report the location to the police instantly, okay?”. Martin almost could not believe his ears. He sighed several times to nerve down but the anger still kept building up inside him. That man was gone for good but… it’s time to lock him up. - he thought and answered, “Yes, sir”. With a brief “Good day” the officer cut the call but he just could not process the news.

The man he hated for as long as he could remember, the man who was the reason behind his long scar in the face, for whom his family always had to be careful with each step was back again and he was sure that he would not let that man harm his family anymore.

A minute or two to himself, helped Martin to calm down and he went back to the locker room putting on a normal expression, even his normal smiling face. “Are we good to go to Shawn’s dorm? Studying will take some hours and I don’t wanna arrive home late” , he said casually and shrugged his shoulders.

@/CrazyCaliope
@/CerealKiller

2 Likes

Dammit I forgot this

2 Likes

lol

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

”Is a guy not allowed to enjoy the water in peace anymore?” he raised his brow at Martin’s comment, right before the boy rushed out to answer his phone.
”That was a bit extreme” he said on they way Marty left ”He looked worried” he added slightly curious as he took out his water bottle from his locker

Yeah, you already have the girls hanging off you, it’ not as if you need to look any better to get more. Or has one turned you down, is that even possible?
”I just live showers” he shrugged ”though for the record I did get rejected” he added with a raised brow, momentarily thinking back.

As Marty came back he seemed to be okay, so Shawn didn’t bug in too much ”Yeah. You good?” he asked, resting his back against the locker.

@OhSumana @CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Lewis Nelson

Concerned never left Lewis’ face, even after Martin turned said he was fine. No, not after that word. He knew that fine was not answer to describe how you were feeling. It was a word that people used to not get anyone to ask further when they didn’t want to talk about it. Martin didn’t want to talk about it, which only concerned Lewis more and he was exactly sure why. Was it because Martin was a good mate or was it this other feeling that was eating him up inside. Lewis wasn’t sure.
It took Lewis out of his head when Shawn answered the question. Shaking his head, trying to process what he’d heard. He forced himself to scoff in reply, “You? You got rejected?!”
Martin reentered and Lewis slumped back against the locker. Not looking his way to avoid showing him his concern.

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

Martin should have known that he had put himself in an awkward position after storming out of the locker room to attend a call like that, not to mention his bad acting skills had not been much helpful either. So he started to look for ways to divert their attention on a different topic, in his head.

He was sure he heard Lewy saying , “You? You got rejected?!” when he had returned back to the locker room. So he used this opportunity. “Who rejected whom?” he questioned in confused tone eyeing at both of them. He gaze fixated on Shawn. “You? Please tell me who the h€ck is this airhead that rejected you?” he asked Shawn. Shawn was a handsome hunk of a man, someone would actually be a fool to reject him unless they had some strong reasons behind it.

Even though now his attention was directed to Shawn, Martin could not just ignore Lewy and his state. Evidently he was in discomfort. Usually so friendly, bubbly and cool guy Lewy was not even looking at him. Martin could tell that his actions that day created a distance between them and it would not be so easy to overcome.

@CrazyCaliope
@CerealKiller

2 Likes