"Started with a Prompt" - Official RP

Shawn Parsons

Even as Martin came back claiming he was okay, Shawn still found himself curious and partly not believing his words. But he didn’t push it, as neither of them did.
You? You got rejected?!
He shrugged and answered his surprises friend with a nod, ”It’s not that crazy” he said and turned his gaze as Marty joined in on the conversation
”Who rejected whom? You? Please tell me who the h€ck is this airhead that rejected you?”
Shawn snorted out a laugh and shook his head at the comment, as much as he was definitely attractive and he somewhat knew that, he wasn’t even close to being perfect, and some people were definitely too good for him. Just like the girl that rejected him.
”Um. This girl I had a crush on” he said, even though it was way more than a crush but he didn’t want to admit it, it didn’t fit his character, nobody would think Shawn Parsons would fall in love. And if he did, it would be with a hot cheerleader or something, but they were wrong, there was just so much more to him than what they all thought.
”No biggie” he said brushing it off ”Dorm?” he asked with a raised brow, asking them if they’re coming.

@OhSumana
@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

Martin quirked his right eyebrow at Shawn’s brief and stock reply. Judging by his expression and tone, there was obviously which he was hiding, and so did Martin himself, from two of his best buddies and… one of them happened to be his crush. Well, if I keep acting so mysterious, this could happen with me as well someday . - he thought, not pushing it further except for a comment, “Well, I’d still call them airhead for rejecting ya’”, he remarked and shrugged his shoulders before taking glance at Lewis. “Yeah, sure. Let’s get going.” he said, realizing he was still holding his phone in his hand and shoved it into his pocket

@CerealKiller
@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Lewis Nelson

Lewis wasn’t entirely focused on the conversation the other two were having and it wasn’t he detected movement in his peripheral vision that he realised they had been still in conversation. He blinked a few times, shaking his head to clear it before looking toward them. “Yeah, the dorms,” he agreed. Being at the end of his locker row, Lewis spun round and slammed the palm of his hand into the side of his locker as a gesture to get going. “Yeah, man, super eager to try to write more than one sentence for this paper. Let’s do this,” Lewis replied to them with overenthusiastic sarcasm, pumping a fist in the air as he left the locker room and into the gym hall.

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

Shawn laughed at Martin’s comment, ”Airhead ha?” he commented while shaking his head lightly as he picked up his bottle once again and finished the water that was left in it. ”Fair enough” he added and put it in his locker before locking it up.
”Sure, yeah” he said as they both agreed about going to the dorms.
Running a hand through his hair he straightened up ready to go,
Yeah, man, super eager to try to write more than one sentence for this paper. Let’s do this,
”So much sarcasm I might overdose” he joked with a smirk on his lips, as the three of them headed out of the locker room and towards the dorms.
@OhSumana @CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

Martin knew quite well that putting his concentration on the history paper at that moment would be far more difficult than it usually was. But he was going to try anyway. He would rather not lower his grades anymore. He motivated himself up convincing himself that if he could get over this fast, he would be able to get home sooner.

Lewis slamming his palm on the side of the locker broke his short-lasting reverie. Martin could not but chuckle at Lewy’s sarcasm. He shot a sidelong glance at Lewis to notice that he actually looked cute while doing that. A smirk materialized on his face before we headed out.

On their way toward Shawn’s dorm, Martin was was walking beside Shawn but he could not help stealing one or two glances at Lewis.

@CerealKiller
@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Lewis Nelson

Lewis walked along the hall with the other two in a strange silence. They weren’t really talking and Lewis wasn’t knowing what to say. That was pretty unusual, as he was usually chock-full of jokes. Not wanting to catch the eye of either of them, he turned his head, seeing a girl walking the other way. It was Jess, Jessica Harper. Lewis smiled and nodded her way.

Jessica Harper

She either didn’t see him or was ignoring him, he could think whichever. After all, he was just the class clown. She flashed the other two a smile, showing off her pearly whites. “Hey Martin, hi Shaaawn.” She elongated his name with a flutter of her lashes.

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

As they headed out towards his dorm, they walked alongside each other in somewhat silence, even though it wasn’t necessarily awkward.
Passing by the hall they ran into Jessica, a girl from their class
Hey Martin, hi Shaaawn.
Shawn smiled lightly ”Hi Jeeeeeessica” he added elongating her name like she did to him, with a playful chuckle as he looked over at the girl.
”How come Lewy doesn’t get a hi?” he raised his bro and nudged him a bit in a somewhat joking manner

@OhSumana
@CrazyCaliope

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

Walking down the hallway, their little group came across a girl from their class, Jessica who greeted Martin and Shawn with her usual sweetness, well showing extra sweetness to Shawn but paid no attention to Lewy’s existence around them. Lewy being ignored by her did not surprise Marty as much as it should since this had been going for awhile and naturally was noticed by Marty as well. Then again, he would be the first to notice anything that Involved Lewy. Lewy seemed to be friends with each of the classmates because of his funny, kind and…cute behavior, so he was somewhat clueless about why Jessica ignored her. “Hey, Jess.”, Martin smiled back as Shawn nudged Lewy. “Were you here to watch the game?” , he asked politely.

@CrazyCaliope
@CerealKiller

3 Likes

Lewis Nelson & Jessica Harper

It was good of Shawn to notice and stand up for him, in a way. Although he did wonder if Martin had noticed. Perhaps he hadn’t because he was attracted to Jessica and she had distracted him his friends. Friends, yes, that’s all Lewis would be to Martin, he knew that. “Thanks, Shawn. It doesn’t matter anyway.” Lewis chuckled, though his heart wasn’t fully in it. “It’s just Jess being Jess.”
Jessica snapped her neck round to Lewis and barked, “I hate that name, egghead.” Turning back to Martin, an alluring smile back on her face and her voice sickly sweet. “No, I wasn’t.” She stepped closer to Shawn, pressing her hand to his chest. “I was here to play a game. How about hide and seek? Those two hide and you and I seek a place a little more private?”

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

Sorry that this was incredibly late, guys!

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

“Thanks, Shawn. It doesn’t matter anyway.”

”Of course it matters” Shawn said as Lewi said it didn’t.
Then as Martin asked Jessica is she was coming to the game, she said she wasn’t, and came closer to Shawn, ’I was here to play a game. How about hide and seek? Those two hide and you and I seek a place a little more private?’
”That’s insanely tempting, but I’ll have to say no this time” he said to the girl ”We have stuff to do” he said and pointed at himself and the boys

@CrazyCaliope @OhSumana

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

Martin did not expect Jessica to snap at Lewy for an simple answer which was not even directed to her, and obviously did not like that ‘egghead’ insult. Had it been a friend teasing Lewy with nicknames, Martin would not mind. With a thin-lipped smile, he put his strong arm around Lewy’s neck. “That makes all of us eggheads, doesn’t it? I too think ‘Jess’ suits you. Even Shawn calls you Jess.” he spoke up.

“Those two hide…”

Martin resisted the urge to clear his throat because for him that was a tempting offer too and he knew exactly where they should hide. ”We have stuff to do. " Martin rolled his eyes behind the Shawn’s back. Right, the history paper. - he reminded himself. “And we best get going. The deadline is tomorrow and I can’t afford to fail.”, he remarked.

@CrazyCaliope
@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Lewis Nelson & Jessica Harper

Shawn rejected her offered and Jessica looked both surprised and offended. “Stuff to do? When you could be doing me?” Her voice was getting more shrill with each word. With her hand still on his chest, she slid it firmly up. “FINE! Do your stuff, but I won’t wait forever, no longer than a day actually. So you can meet me in your room tonight.”

Then Martin gripped Lewis’ neck tightly and responded to Jessica, “That makes all of us eggheads, doesn’t it? I too think ‘Jess’ suits you. Even Shawn calls you Jess.” A nervous feeling pounced on Lewis as Martin got that close. He didn’t want him to move away but at the same time…
Jessica spun around, dropping her hand by her sides. “He’s the exception, you-” Stopping mid-insult, she watched as Martin had his hand around the scruff of the Lewis’ neck and smirked. “Least I know that you two will be busy tonight. So I’ll meet you tonight,” Jessica said the last to Shawn, running her fingers across his chest one last time before walking away.

Martin had said that they best be going, but Jessica’s most recent words were stuck in his head. He furrowed his brows, trying to work them out. It was at times like this that wished he was smarter, then maybe he’d understand. Opening his mouth to speak, no words came out, his mouth was dry. So he closed it again, still thinking about what she had meant.

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

"You got it" he said with a playful wink at Jessica’s remark, “I’ll finish my stuff first” he told the girl
"Big fan of eggheads" he laughed

oh my fcuking god I have no idea what to write anymore

Jess made a comment on the two, which Shawn noticed and he couldn’t actually say she was wrong. He’d go, but they did need to do that assignment “Anyway” he said, changing the topic back **“we should get going”

@OhSumana @CrazyCaliope

3 Likes

Martin Taylor

The matter being settled down for the time being there, the trio headed towards their destination with Martin swinging his arm around Lewy’s neck while he kept teasing Shawn about his scheduled ‘meeting’ with Jessica, simultaneously glancing at Lewy occasionally who seemed to have been hiding his flushed face and fighting his desire to stare at Martin’s tall and lean frame next to him, though the worries in the back of his kept reminding him of their existence from time to time…

Obviously Martin could not concentrate with all the other thousands of things going on in his head and its effect directly influenced on his writing. He was just copying from Shawn and his handwriting was barely decipherable. “I’m so f*cked, if the teacher my paper with mine, bro.” , he laughed.

“How’s it going for you Mister Dig Bick?” , he smirked, glancing at Lewis

@CrazyCaliope
@CerealKiller

1 Like

Lewis Nelson

After Jessica left, Shawn suggested they ought to be going and they headed off to their room. Martin still with his arm round Lewis’ neck and Lewis still unable to speak. Jessica had surely taken his tongue with her as she left, because her words had confused him into silence. Once they reached the dorms, Martin and Lewis went to grab their papers and books to convene back in Shawn’s room.

In Shawn’s room, Lewis was sitting on the floor, leaning back on one of the bed posts with his paper on his lap. Staring at what he had written, back before the game, ‘343,041 people died in 1952 but it began with one man.’ Though he had looked at Shawn’s paper, he knew he couldn’t copy it, else neither of the would get a grade above ‘F’.
“How’s it going for you, Mister Dig Bick?”, Martin smirked, glancing at Lewis.
Lewis didn’t answer for a bit, his mind was still muddled, but he knew he had to push past it and fake it. He was no actor but he had to try. Lewis beamed. “Yeah, I’m finished, gonna f^cking Ace this paper with all that wrote.” He guffawed, before suddenly swinging his head round to Martin. “Eh? Mr Dig Bick? What are you on, Marty, 'cause I think it’s time to share.” He extended his open hand, making come hither motion to suggest sharing.

@CerealKiller
@OhSumana

2 Likes

Shawn Parsons

Making their way to the room, the boys grabbed their stuff and the three sat down in Shawn’s room working on the paper, and when I say working, I mean copying and changing words to make it sound like it was a totally different paper that wasn’t used by like four different people.
Grabbing a few cans of soda, Shawn put some for the boys as well as taking one for himself, opening it up and taking a sip as listening to his surroundings ”Mr dig bick is in da house” he added jokingly ”but do share it sounds like some good stuff” he laughed lightly

@CrazyCaliope @OhSumana
did i struggle to keep said comment pg? Yes I sure did

2 Likes

Martin Taylor

After writing, no, copying the last word from Shawn’s sister’s note, Martin went through the paper for the last time , stopping at the conclusion once again and struck out last sentences. Nah, these lines are too elegant to be something that a student like me can write. - he considered. So it took more time to think of simpler and easier lines and writing them down. Overall, it was a mess but at least he would pass.

Lewy’s sarcastic comment made him look down at where Lewy was sitting, right next to his hanging legs, Lewy’s back resting against the frame. “Just copy it, mate. I’m sure if we submit each paper after a gap of 5 random sheets that old geezer wouldn’t notice.” , he reassured Lewy patting his shoulders, “We all know that he checks these papers after falling out with his wife , so his mind is barely on our answers” , he added with a laugh reminiscing about the day last year when he spilled the secret in the middle of class and got detention for that. Worth it.

Martin looked up as Shawn came back with cans of Soda for himself and his mates. Welcoming him gladly and picking up a can, Martin opened it and took a sip, “Mhm, Shawnie , this has to be the kindest thing you ever did to me” , he joked, as he now realized how thirsty he was before. But eventually, as he had expected, they demanded to know from what was going on. Martin had a feeling that it was about that phone call, yet he shrugged. “What are you talking about?”

@CrazyCaliope
@CerealKiller

1 Like

Lewis Nelson

“Cheers, bro,” Lewis thanked Shawn, taking the can of soda that he had been offered. Popping open the can, he slurped from it loudly. “It sure does.” He was still talking of the stuff he suggesting that Martin was on. Shawn only chuckled as he eased himself back down onto the floor, sitting opposite the other two.

Placing the can down beside him, Lewis scribbled some nonsense that may be passable for this paper… he hoped. After all, he knew the topic, listening to everything the lecturer had said this semester; Lewis had always been a strong listener. It was writing and note-taking that was his downfall. Then Martin told him to copy it and he looked between both of their smiling faces, wondering if they were just ignorant or mocking him for all his past jokes. Lewis decided it was the latter and laughed. “You’re pulling my leg, yeah? This paper won’t pass. Don’t get me wrong, the write up looks flash as f^ck but the dates all sh^t, bro. Most of the dates are about 18 years out from what we discussed in class.”

Shawn’s mouth gaped open, staring unbelievingly at Lewis, trying to work out if this was another one of his jokes. “Of course, you got it, I’ll change those dates afterwards,” Shawn responded cynically.

“Bro, I’m not joshing you. I know the info, and this isn’t it. Sorry man.” Lewis turned his head to Martin. “Marty, if you don’t wanna fail, I’d stop writing, bro.” Taking his hand, he placed it on top of Martin’s hand and lifted his pencil from the paper. Then realising, Lewis just as quickly pulled his hand back from Martin and looked awkwardly down at his paper.

@OhSumana

1 Like

Martin Taylor

Among all the other thoughts in the back of his head, the certainty of the history paper at least getting the passing marks did relieve Martin a little, more like he had one less thing to stress over. So he kept writing–er, coping and coping from Shawn’s sister’s notes while chatting and making random jokes with Shawn, on his countless flings and other important stuff, as though he did not even notice Lewis being silent for some time.

And when he talked, something about the information on the notes they were copying from being wrong, “… Huh?”,dumbfounded, he uttered in confusion, staring at Lewis. F----k!F+++++kkkk!-he exclaimed in his mind, while his cheerful smile contorted into a weird one. “Lewy!”, he asked plopping down next to him, and leaning in, “Are you sure this is misinformation? I mean, we gotta have to write the whole thing again?.. When-when is the submission date again?”, he stuttered.

@CrazyCaliope

1 Like

Lewis Nelson

When Martin slid off the bed, onto the floor beside him, Lewis’ eyes remained on his own paper as he was asked if he were sure. Lewis nodded. “Yeah. I’m really not joshing you. I know… I know the facts and these are them.”
“C’mon, Lewis, my sister isn’t wrong,” Shawn said.
“Maybe not in her paper, perhaps this was a second one to catch you out.” Lewis shrugged. Martin asked when it was due. “Midnight tonight and I feel screwed.”
Shawn scoffed, “Not in my room guys, take it to one of your two dorm rooms.”
Lewis looked over at him, confused. “What?”

@OhSumana

1 Like