"Started with a Prompt" - Official RP

Martin Taylor

With an exhale of hopelessness, Martin ran his hand through his long blonde locks. He could not afford to fail in this paper, that would throw him out of the scholarship, though the reason for him to be home tonight and what he expected/feared to see there appeared far more important to him. Even for a brief second, his jaw clenched and his attention away from the ambiguity of Lewis’ statement, consequently failing to use this opportunity and try to flirt.

“F***k”, he only mumbled quietly, “There’s… There’s no way we can get an extension, is there? That grouchy bstrd would probably chase our @sses right away, won’t he?”

@CrazyCaliope

1 Like

Lewis Nelson

“An extension?”, Shawn chortled at face he imagined their professor would make at the suggestion.
“Yeah.” Lewis shrugged. “I wish, but I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that he’ll give us that. You know, given that we’ve known about it since the beginning of this topic.”

At that particular moment, there was a knock at the door, and Shawn begrudgingly pushed himself off the ground to answer it. A recently familiar set of eyes locked on to him when he did, devouring him up and down. It was Jessica Harper, biting her lower lip. “I decided not to wait for you to come to me, when I could just come get you instead.”
“That’s very forward of you,” he flirted playfully with her, resting a hand on the door frame.

Lewis laughed, overhearing their conversation and nudged Marty. “Guess some people only come to college for one thing, am I right?”

@OhSumana

1 Like

Martin Taylor

It was evidently funny for both Shawn and Lewis, knowing there was still some hours left for them to build up something to submit at midnight, especially Lewis, for if he could point out the mistakes, then he would be able to look for right information as well. Martin had confidence in him. Whatever they would manage to do would be at least something. Perhaps Martin could do it too. But the phone call from earlier was making him anxious. No, there was no way he would leave his family unguarded. The police would keep an eye, right?

All these worries that clouded his brain had made him temporarily ignorant to what was going on around him, until Lewis’ laugh rang near his ears. Martin heard some of Jessica’s words too. But turning to Lewy, he found that the shorty’s face was so close to the crook of his neck. He chuckled and sighed. “Let’s not be a third wheel between them” he suggested, before the thought occurred to him that this was a chance to be alone with Lewis too. “Let’s go to your room, we can find some notes from internet this time.” , he added hopefully.

@CrazyCaliope

I totally forgot about this one

1 Like

Lewis Nelson

“I’m only this forward with you,” Jessica teased, running her finger down his t-shirt. Shawn gave a friendly laugh, hiding the awkwardness he was gulping down.
Lewis watched the pair at the door and called out, “Do you two want to get a-” He stopped short of realising his next words. However, Shawn still heard what he was going to say.
He retorted, “Unfortunately, it’s got a couple of joiners who aren’t invited to this party of two.”

Lewis sighed loudly and rolled his eyes, turning to Martin and seeing an odd look on his face. He nudged him again and asked, “Everything okay, man? Don’t worry, we can find you a girl who’s far better than Jessica!” He hit the ‘J’ in her name sharply and with distaste.
Martin suggesting taking their study session to his room and he could help but think about the mess it was. Usually he didn’t care if anyone saw the mess he lived in, but something felt different. Something didn’t want Martin to walk in and see his miss, to judge him for it. “Yeah, sure,” Lewis agreed uncertainly. Then he pushed himself up and grabbed his stuff together in one hand.

@OhSumana

1 Like

Martin Taylor

As if the desperation, kind of painful to watch, evident in Jessica’s tone was not obvious enough, Shawn’s reaction to Lewy’s unfinished sentence was a hint clear enough to know they needed privacy. And the presence of two bros in his room was not going to help with that. But even funnier was Lewy’s remark on Martin’s expression, to which the latter could hardly stifle a chuckle. “Appreciate your concern, shortie”, he chuckled patting Lewy’s back, “But no thanks, I’m not looking for a girl right now”

Martin collected his things and tugged at Lewy’s sleeves almost dragging him out of the room with himself, as he turned his head and looked over his shoulder at Shawn, “Well, get it I guess”, he raised his thumb before walking off with Lewy.

Loosing his grip, Martin glancing at the hesitance on Lewy’s face and smiled a little. “What are ya chickening out for? Got bodies hidden in your room or something?” , he joked, hoping he was not forcing himself in Lewy’s personal space and making him uncomfortable, which was completely out of intention.

@CrazyCaliope