Story Time: What was your first day of school like?

Oof, so here it is: How was your first day of Elementary/Middle/High school like?

Lol i am guessing everyone at some point must have felt awkward…no? I was actually not nervous in elementary school, i only remember a few things…

First day of middle school story time

Ok, so i was sleeping peacefully until my sister wakes me up. The first thing i said was: Noo
I barely wanted to get ready to go for the first time there, my heart was pounding and i was feeling sick to my stomach, i felt like it was a dream, it almost felt impossible for me to start Middle school
Anyway, my dad took me there, when i arrived, a lot of teens were there, some of them knew each other and unfortunately there were familiar faces there. Meanwhile i was standing there awkwardly watching everyone being soo outgoing and i be like “what do i do now?”. Luckily always the first day they just give us the books and a priest comes and wishes us a nice year so after i left, i felt so relieved…seems like the first day was a flop.

Share your stories below, and we will see who was the most awkward lol…

8 Likes

God I don’t remember that many details xD

I remember I had a really bad nightmare completely unrelated to school the night before the first day of high-school? I also remember giving tips on how to lift weights, and drawing a beautiful Corpse (extra points if anyone knows what that is).

But that’s it. It was weird

3 Likes

I don’t remember my first day of primary

High school however, the first day sucked I didn’t know where I was going, I ate alone and everybody seemed so scary. My brother had left me and everything back then (still now tbh) seemed to be an end of the world type thing so I’d cry pretty easily. I woke up, got dressed my Dad drove me and my brother there he took my picture outside the school like everybody else my uniform was too big. We went into the hall for a welcome assembly we were given our form groups, a tour of the school and if I’d known then what I know now, I would have asked my parents if I could change schools or run away to alaska.

Sixth form college, this was far more recent. I didn’t make friends quickly. I didn’t eat alone I just didn’t eat and learned more about the SCP foundation and I did that everyday until I made friends 2 months later. Not a very good period of time for me but I managed to kill time by going to town and buying manga and CDs. The teacher people were all super nice though.

3 Likes

Yeah I have a lot of different memories. My dad works nights but on the school night before my first day he usually stays home. And he looses my shoes and stuff then my mom made like a lot of breakfast and stuff then we’d go out on the porch and just take pictures

2 Likes

Kindergarten :
Well, I don’t remember this day as well as my best friend but according to him I was the first one to arrive in our class, probably because my mother was a teacher. Then he arrived next (his mother was also a teacher just at a different school) and I recall us playing. I actually can’t remember what happened that day, I just know that he’s been my best friend since and I never really questioned it. According to our third classmate, we were just having fun on the playground and running around.

Primary :
Wow, I don’t think I remember this. As amazing as primary was, I don’t think I remember day one, I just remember certain moments…

Secondary :
h e l l. I joined half-way through the year, so pretty much term two. My form tutor kind of told someone to help me get around but no one was actually really helpful. None of the teachers had my grades so they placed me wherever for the classes that had sets (greaaat school system). I don’t think I made any friends until I was placed next to two guys in Spanish class, one of them also sat next to me in History and we became friends after I helped them with answering a question. The other guys tried to bully or intimidate me, don’t really know what they were going for but they just came off as annoying and the girls just didn’t want to speak or include me.

Don’t know if GCSEs and sixth form counts…

3 Likes

I remember that I cried when starting primary and secondary school for a few days or maybe it was a few weeks. I have always been extremely shy so the idea of having to meet new people and be in a new environment scared me so much that it made me cry.

When I started sixth form, I was just ready to go home the moment I stepped foot into the building. I knew I was gonna hate it and I really did. But I wasn’t as shy as I previously was and I didn’t cry :sweat_smile: I was just more nervous.
University I think was the easiest for me as I made a new friend the first day and then a few moments later, I had made another friend. Because my course is mainly filled with adults, everyone was just ready to start the course which meant that I didn’t have to speak to everyone which I was so happy about because that would’ve been so exhausting.

4 Likes

Oh my chocolate I forgot to say my very first day of school for preschool: I literally ran in there and started talking, and playing my mom told me she was the one who was crying :joy:

Elementary school: morning photo sessions and fancy breakfasts. I swear I Love first day of school mornings.

High school: my parents would drop me off and honestly it was coolio I would meet up with some friends and stuff

2 Likes

On my first day of highschool- I legit cried. I cried because the math teacher had given me very basic problems and I equated that to they thought I was stupid. And I was arguing with the teacher and I never argue and I thought that this was a nightmare. I do think I just cried because moving to a new school was hard and I wasn’t used to it. Then a group of students found me and probably noticed my eyes were red and they sat with me at lunch which was nice.

2 Likes

Uhg…first day of highscool was awful

Ppl teased me a lot total BS(it was the worst day/week ever) and the ppl i knew from last yr legit ignored me(linked up wth new ppl)

So I moved to a new highschool and tht first day didnt go any better I got into an argument cuz this girl was popping gum in my ear…sent to the office…

So yeah x3 memories

3 Likes

First day of school:

“I can’t wait for this to end.” :heart:

2 Likes

I was nervous going into middle school only because of switching classes. I only had 50 kids in my grade level and they were the exact same kids in primary, middle, and high school, so only random new students once in a while, so never had to worry about that.
I liked it that way, but it can get old haha.

1 Like

I remember my first day of middle school. I woke up to my brother blowing an air horn in my ear.

It was great

3 Likes

I barely remember any ones but I do know I met this girl on my first day in Kindergarten and we were inseparable all year. :joy:

1 Like

Horrible.

I was so freaking lonely and idek what I was suppose to do. The teachers seemed fierce af and not really friendly.

1 Like

The short version:
I cried on my first day of kindergarten
I cried on my first day of primary school
And I almost cried on the first day of middle school :new_moon::dizzy:

3 Likes

I broke out in tears cuz it’s the 1st time I were to leave my parents alone and go to an unknown building and meet new people.

1 Like

First day of kindergarten: I cried and didn’t speak to anyone for the whole year
First day of primary school: I don’t remember. :rofl:
First day of junior high school: I’m going to hate this.
First day of high school: I can’t wait for school to end.

1 Like

My first days are always boring. I usually just make friends or find my old ones.

1 Like

My first day of school? It was alright, but it got twice as better when my other half (closest friend) came in. I thought they’d be moving to Puerto Rico but they came in and gave me a huge hug!

2 Likes

I don’t remember too many details, but…

Kindergarten: On the first day, during free time, I told the teacher I wanted to draw, so she gave me some white paper and I drew bowls of fruit. I already knew how to read, so often my classmates would ask me to read the stories the teacher read to us in class.

First grade: I don’t remember much… except that I started school then had to move to another house and another school two weeks later.

Middle school: I was so excited to start middle school. I even convinced my parents to buy me an awesome outfit. It was a pink vinyl jacket and matching skirt. But I fell asleep during the last class of the day, which was either math or science. (The reason I fell asleep was because I hardly got any sleep the night before since I was so excited)

High school: I don’t remember much about the first day of ninth grade, except that there were two classes that I had in common with two of my best friends from eighth grade. Also, my ex-crush was in one of those classes, but I didn’t like him anymore, and he would always say mean things about me in class.
In 10th grade, I moved to another town, and on the first day I wore a white maxi-dress with red roses on it and red sparkly platform shoes. The first class of the day was biology.

3 Likes