Story Title/Plot Help Thread

Story Title/Plot Help Thread

Hello There. So this thread is to give you story title ideas and help you with your story plots.
If you got questions, ask below…

And that’s about it, yeah :thinking:

12 Likes

It’s a Macbeth based thriller story.

Summary (the parts that are blurred shouldn’t be read)

The name of the story is called “Halloween: Deadly Nightshade”. A woman named Cynthia Thornton is brutally murdered. She’s the wife of Vincent Thornton, the President of Peridale Corporations, a construction company. She finds out about her death in limbo through a transgender woman named Blair, and goes back to the human world as a spirit to uncover who did it.
Almost a year later… Here comes Angelina Rutherford… the new wife of Vincent Thornton. She is the main character and in the first episode, gets married to Vincent. Cynthia ends up at the wedding reception and sees the newlywed couple dancing together. She’s hurt, and is shocked when Blair tells her that Angelina murdered her to take her place. She swears revenge for her death.
Every time Vincent mentions Cynthia, Angelina has a strange reaction, because she did kill her but ran away and tried hard to forget her sin. Vincent was already attracted to her when he was married. As revenge, she haunts Angelina, and Angelina’s guilty conscience begins to eat away at her. Eventually, Angelina’s true colors begin to show and she wants to be the Chairwoman of Peridale, not just the Vice President.

This is where the Macduff of the story, Hwayoung, is introduced. A PI with charisma and quite blunt, this Blasian woman was Cynthia’s closest friend, and is desperately trying to find her murderer. Cynthia comes to her in a dream, telling her that Angelina is behind her death and thirsty for power. Also driven by revenge, Hwayoung plans to take Angelina down.
Angelina becomes more ambitious and her father-in-law, Richard’s contempt towards her grows. Vincent is also getting frustrated with her because he can’t recognize the woman he fell in love with. Angelina simply tells him that this is the woman he fell for and to deal with it. That causes Vincent to declare that he wants a divorce. As Angelina’s power grows, she later has Richard killed. I don’t know if I should kill off Vincent yet. Finally, Angelina acknowledges and begins using the hidden darkness inside of her and secrets are revealed: she killed her abusive ex, and planned everything from the beginning.
Hwayoung is now completely ready to take Angelina down and this leads to the big showdown towards the end. Hwayoung tells her to step down and admit to her crimes, and Angelina refuses. She tells her that she’s next. Hwayoung didn’t come so far in order to be killed by her enemy in the end, so they begin to fight each other. Hwayoung has a gun and Angelina tries to take it away from her to kill her with it. The gun is tossed aside and Angelina is knocked unconscious. In her head, she sees all the ghosts of the people she murdered. Once she wakes up, she goes insane and shoots Hwayoung with the gun. Hwayoung grabs it and shoots Angelina, who falls down from the Peridale headquarters.
Hwayoung survives from her injuries.

I don’t know what should happen to Vincent throughout this story, should he help Hwayoung, stay with his wife or kill himself after his father’s death?

And the concept of the “Weird Sisters”, the 3 witches from Macbeth.

5 Likes

Vincent can help Hwayoung and divorce Angelina.

It can also turn out like that

Angelina has a twin and all this time her sister has been behind of the crimes and angelina gets the blame for it.

3 Likes

Whoa, did not see that coming…

or maybe Angelina is crazy and thinks that her “sister” is committing the crimes, but in reality it was all her and the sister didn’t exist.

Good because I kinda want him to stay alive, even though it’s a tragedy…

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a good idea, he can stay alive and when the story ends he is telling the story to someone

3 Likes

That’s so beautiful yet sad.

2 Likes

Large bump

3 Likes

@Sophia1233

2 Likes

Thanks @MeghanWrites

I need help with my story. I feel like something is missing.

the basic idea I had was this:
An outcast in her own time. Summoned into the past by the holy grail. Now she must work her way up the knight’s templar and protect the grail at all costs.Will she find love?

World building stuff
  • The church rules all aspects of modern life.
  • Witch trials still go oneven in 2019
  • The church focused on uniting the europe and America under the same unified religion.
  • The church stopped focusing on crusades to the holy land after the fall of Acre.
  • The word of the pope is law.
  • The reasons as to how the church became so big and so dominating is unknown or at least not reported to the wider public outside of the holy seer in Rome.
  • There was a war with the knights templar in the late 19th century. By the time the story starts the templar have faded into legend.
  • Witches the good ones at least stay away from casting large spells and spells that could change things publicly.
  • Supernaturals exist - they just have always been hiding in plain sight more so since the catholic church took control of the holy grail. No supernatural knows how or why the church got the grail.
  • The templar order was never persecuted by the church. Fed up of being blamed for stuff they went underground.
  • Women have to legs and chests covered. Some countries are more liberal than others (the UK and most of Asia)
  • Shorts fine in the UK
  • Technology is still advanced like the real world
  • The dissolution of the monasteries still happened in the UK. Even though the Uk isn’t part of the main christian church they follow most of their practices. Witch trials happen. The Royal family has a lot of power over the direction the church of England goes in and thus the views of parliament.
  • No world war 1 or 2
  • Phones computers etc, still are invented.

The MC gets called to the past after her mother is burned at the stake. She ends up in 13th century france in a knight templar castle. She has a werewolf love interest eventually she has to go back to her time.
The Mc is a witch

Any ideas on what’s missing?

2 Likes

the plot twist

Nah I kid, but like when she’s in the past with a werewolf there has to be something else there that like… Dies or smthng.

2 Likes

She has to stop the pope from getting the holy grail.

not sure what kind of plot twist to add

1 Like

… The pope turns out to be a little girl?

2 Likes

The pope is her grand-relative.

2 Likes

This seem like an interesting concept to have.

2 Likes

That’s a good plot twist and also a supernatural decides to help the MC go back in her time and protect the grail.

Or the church can actually be controlled by an evil witch

3 Likes

Grand relative and evil witch seem to go together really well

2 Likes

But the grand relative and her look exactly the same and she finds out that she is a doppelganger’s

3 Likes

Like Katarina and Elena in vampire diaries?

Would a vampire member of the knights templar work?

Never met the MC before but her scent is familiar to him

1 Like

Then she dies.

Kidding! The doppelganger takes over her life

2 Likes

Anyone need help?

I always have trouble choosing titles.

1 Like