| Survival Scenario | Sign Up Thread + General Chat + Discussion

A roleplay based on Sing Shongs’s webnovel/manhwa Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint

Co host : @/Mouschi

A world of Realism, where supernaturalism, monsters and magic were elements of fantasy, isekai and apocalypse were subjects of works of fiction, was the world everyone lived in. And life of most individuals was a collection of years of mundane activities. Everything was organised in a routine, until one afternoon, the rules of “real” world went down along with the world itself. Soon it came to everyone’s realisation that although the monotony of the world had come to end, it had given birth to a new world of apocalypse and fierce competition and one must struggle and pay for their existence.

As the world paused, on that very day, the inhabitants of Earth received a harrowing reminder, of the upcoming battle of existence against the unknown, and the sacrifices…

「 THE FREE SERVICE OF PLANETARY SYSTEM 8612 HAS BEEN TERMINATED 」

The was the very moment, the genre of life : Realism, merged with the genre of fiction : fantasy. And to survive, you must clear the scenarios and pay for your existence.

「 THE MAIN SCENARIO HAS COMMENCED. 」

• As the description above relates, on one fateful day the normal world will merge with the fantasy world. Before such catastrophe commences, all characters are normal humans just like those in “Slice of life” plot.

• The characters are to gain supernatural powers and raise their stats gradually as the story progresses depending on their choices, by spending coins they earn from clearing scenarios. Their powers will be bestowed onto them by constellations (ascended incarnations, who watch the scenarios from far away Nebulas through various channels of Star Stream).

• The roleplay is supposed to start from a scene inside a moving subway. However, depending on the number of total characters, the roleplay might start with two or more different simultaneous locations.

• Characters will be faced with many life-threatening situations, and some of them will die, which is why, making multiple characters is allowed. However it’s suggested that you make 1-2 character(s) for now, since situations where new characters will be needed might arise.

• There are no strict rules about maintaining Gender ratio, so it’s all up to participants.

• It’s originally intended to be a small group roleplay. Sign ups will close once the required number (which is yet to be decided) is met.

: Limited Roles :

The fantasy world, our earth has merged with, however, is eerily similar to the contents of a very unpopular novel of over 3,149 chapters posted daily over the span of 13 years, “Ways of Survival”. Due to the vast number of chapters and the story getting dragged on for such a long period of time, even the miniscule amount of readers it had, lost interest over time and dropped the story at random chapters.

It creats a special role in the Rp, who are Readers : they can remember the contents of the novel to certain extent, though not all since beginning and thus they have an idea about what to expect when the signs of The Change makes appearance, and later on can access to others general stats in the Attributes window as well as some information on the canon characters of the novel once they meet them.

Important characters of the novel will be considered NPCs and be written by host/co-hosts. You are requested to pm the host with the character information for these roles, and await approval.

Number of Readers roles filled : (?/3)

(This role cannot be reserved)

: Sign-up form :

Name :
Backstory :
Pronouns :
Sexual Orientation :
Personality :
Unique Trait : (Notable feature in the character’s personality, role or interests. If your character develops that in rp, you may leave it blank for now)
General stats :
[Strength Lv. - Choose a number from 1 to 10, stats above 10 will be considered supernatural] [Durability Lv. 1-10] [Intelligence Lv. 1-10] [Agility Lv. 1-10][Stamina lv. 1-10]
Faceclaim : [art FCs]

: Faceclaims :

[link]

Tags

@/katabasis @/Bexs @/idiot.exe @/CrazyCaliope @/Tina.G @/Tellyg47 @/bpalmer @/Cadborosa @/Kristi

Reserves :

• @/idiot.exe - 1 character
  • @/crazyCaliope - 2 characters
  • @/meekepeek - 1 character (female)
  • @/katabasis - 2 characters

Character submission deadline : 20th August

7 Likes

I think I understand the concept based on the OP. But just for clarification, you don’t have to understand or have read the novel thatt this is loosely based on, right?

** Also, you may want to allow access to everyone on the FC slides, as it’s currently restricted.

3 Likes

Do we have to reserve anything or just fill out the form and send it? The role thing is kinda confusing :sob:

This has been in my reading list for months, I’ll have to hurry now

3 Likes

No. You don’t have to read it. I don’t intend to follow its story to the bone and the information that’s needed will be written by me in my posts

3 Likes

Shiiii

3 Likes

Cool. Okay. So can I reserve/create two characters then, please?

Do we just post them here?

3 Likes

For a normal character, do as you wish.
But if your character is a Reader, pm me your filled character sheet. I hope that clears confusion.

3 Likes

Sure and yes.
Also can you please check if you can see the slides? There’s nothing much there tbh

3 Likes

Truth be told, I read it a long time ago and only upto like 80 chapters or something. Currently rereading from 1 as well, so no rush.

3 Likes

Ohh I see, thanks!

Can I reserve one normal character for now?

I started it now too, I’ve been procrastinating for so long

3 Likes

Sure

Hope you’ll enjoy it then

3 Likes

Wicked. Thanks.
Yes, yes I can. (wink)

3 Likes

That’s a relief, thanks.

2 Likes

can I now reserve 2 humans? ty

2 Likes

Man I really want to make a character but I didn’t expect so many good rps to be released at the same time. I’m booked :sob:

OMG

[The Constellation, The Finder, has gifted you ten coins]
As a WN/manhwa reader I was so excited when I saw a roleplay based off it lol.

Will key events be similar to the manhwa or do you plan to have big variations?

4 Likes

It will be while for me to plan mine, but at least you can get your daily postss in :wink:

I think Sumana said she is following the story for plot points…

3 Likes

No worries.

Question about the general stats… is there a total number cut off? You know, so that characters aren’t really really over-powered. Maybe like 25-30 or something? For example, if it was 30 then 3 stats could be 10, say, and the other must be 0.

2 Likes

Of course.

1 Like
Summary

[The Monarch judges the The Finder’s stinginess]

Oh come on, I deserve more than 10 coins for this. :unamused:

It’s gonna take me a while to plan and start the rp. Hell I don’t even know for sure where I’ll go with this tbh. So you have quite some time on your hand for this.

And you can probably join in future, when the scenario changes.

4 Likes

This is interesting.

3 Likes