The 18th Interactive Story Event 📖 ✍

Welcome to the Interactive Story Event!

It will start at 2020-06-06T20:00:00Z
Everyone can join whenever they want! :smiley_cat:
If you want to be tagged for every poll, please join the @StoryEvent group!

What is it?

It’s like a mix of Episode and Wattpad. I’ve written a few short stories but there are decisions that YOU can make to change the plot!

How does this work?

I’ll post a part of the story. Then there’ll be a question and a poll. Depending on how important the question is, I’ll wait longer so some people can vote. Then I’ll post the next part according to what you choose. The first 1-2 questions will decide the genre of the story. Sometimes there’ll be a question to choose the gender of the Ll, but that question will be really obvious. Some questions make the story longer, others make it shorter. Depending on how fast we get some votes, the event can take up to 2 days

You can discuss the story, talk about the plot or what choice would be the best on this thread, but please don’t spam it. I’ll just post the next part of the story as a separate reply.

This is how it will look when I post a new part of the story

This is how it will look when I want to say something that isn’t part of the story.

I only deleted the choices that will lead you directly to an ending that you’ve already had.

Some extra information if you're interested

I’ve prepared a few different endings and I don’t want them to be for nothing, so you might get some stories that are similar but have different endings. Don’t worry, I’m working on new stories so it doesn’t get boring!
I tried to write stories in different genres, but it’s a first for me in most of the genres because I’ve only written Drama and Romance until now :sweat_smile: Additionally, I’ve written most of it while watching TV or late at night, so there might be some mistakes in it
sorryy but I’ve proofread it a few times and let friends read it so I hope it’s at least understandable what I wanted to say even if there are mistakes :joy:
I’ll make some polls at the end to find out how much y’all liked the story and if I should keep making this.

Have fun!

List of previous stories

The First Interactive Story Event
The Second Interactive Story Event
The Third Interactive Story Event
The 4th Interactive Story Event
The 5th Interactive Story Event
The 6th Interactive Story Event
The 7th Interactive Story Event
The 8th Interactive Story Event
The 9th Interactive Story Event
The 10th Interactive Story Event
The 11th Interactive Story Event
The 12th Interactive Story Event
The 13th Interactive Story Event
The 14th Interactive Story Event
The 15th Interactive Story Event
The 16th Interactive Story Event
The 17th Interactive Story Event

8 Likes

oo i thought of an idea like this but i didnt know it was already i thing! i’ll probably join :)))

6 Likes

Ever since you were a little child, you wanted to travel around the world and see the most beautiful landscapes. Your parents took you to some great places but you always wanted more. Now, you’re on your fourth trip this year. You’re all alone because you needed some space from everything. You’re going camping at a lake. It’s a rather unknown place so you’re not surprised as you reach the lake and see no people. It’s just a small lake, there’s nothing special about it, but that’s what makes it special to you. Not many people have seen it. You take out your camera to take some pictures. You’ve promised your parents to phone them once you arrive here, but will you?

• Call them
  • Don’t call them

0 voters

@StoryEvent

6 Likes

You decide to call your parents so they won’t worry about you. Your mother is happy that you like the place and asks you to call at least every other day. “You’re all alone out there, we’re always worried about you!”

You set up your tent and switch off your phone. Time to relax. The lake looks peaceful and it’s so quiet out here. You hear some birds, but that’s it. Wait
there’s another sound. Is it a car? You look around and see a grey van coming closer. You stand up once the driver stops the car right next to your tent. “What are you doing here? Can’t you see that I’m camping here?” you shout. A guy jumps out of the car and looks at you. “Well, so am I!” he says and turns away. You’re angry, he just destroyed your peaceful vacation. “Can you at least not park your car right next to my place?” “Your place? This land doesn’t belong to anybody, so don’t get on my nerves.” You roll your eyes and try thinking about a solution.

• Ask him to move his car
  • Let it be

0 voters

@StoryEvent

5 Likes

You ask him again to move his car, but try to be a bit friendlier. No chance, he just shrugs it off and ignores you, so your tent stays where it is. You take out one of your canned soups and try making a fire to get a warm meal. Soup is the only food you’ve brought with you. Luckily, the next shop is less than an hour away. You look to your new neighbor to see what he’s having for dinner. Of course, he has a microwave in his van. He even has solar panels on his car’s roof! Why does he have to be here at the exact time you’re here as well? You just wanted your free time away from everything! You hear loud music coming from the van. That’s it. Enough is enough. How do you get him to turn the music down?

• Shout at him from your fire place
  • Walk to his car and shout at him
  • Try to have a reasonable conversation with him

0 voters

@StoryEvent

5 Likes

Throw something at his car :eyes:

5 Likes

You walk over to his van. “Can you turn that music down so I can have a peaceful evening?!” you ask. After a few seconds you add “Please?” but he doesn’t react. “You’re scaring all the animals that live here!” Still no reaction. The music isn’t that bad, to be honest, but it annoys you that he doesn’t even care. You could get your stuff and look for another place nearby but you really like it here and the view over the lake is amazing. No way you’re going to let him chase you away. Luckily, he wants to go to bed early and after setting up his tent, he finally turns the music off. You’re already in your tent, planning your next few days here. Why does he sleep in a tent and not in his car?

You wake up really early and get out of your tent. It’s quiet, but the van’s still there. He’s probably still sleeping. You wanted to go swimming in the lake but now you’re kind of scared that he’ll take your stuff if you walk away.

• Go swimming
  • Stay close to your tent

0 voters

@StoryEvent

5 Likes

We have a tie, so please don’t forget to vote
@StoryEvent

6 Likes

You decide to stay close to your tent. You can’t trust him. You look over to the lake figuring out if you already want to have breakfast or not. Close to the shore, you see little swans. You look over the lake to find the parents but only see one adult swan. “There are swans, if you’re interested!” you say to your neighbor. You don’t like him, but that doesn’t mean you have to be mean and keep those cute little swans from him. You look over to the van, trying to see if he woke up already. You’re confused. Why didn’t he react? He should have woken up because of your shouting. Why didn’t he wake up? Maybe he just doesn’t reply because you told him yesterday that he’s chasing away all the animals and now they are still here. You walk over to the van and the tent and see that nobody’s there. Where is he? You wanted to take a walk around the lake before lunch, but you can’t just leave everything here. Who knows what he’ll do when he comes back while you’re away? You sit down at the lake with your phone. You should update your travel blog today but. Maybe you should mention that guy?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

@StoryEvent

5 Likes

You decide to mention that someone came to the same place with a van and chased away the animals with his loud music. However, you got to see some swans ane the annoying neighbour seems to have left for now. You take a few pictures and publish them along with your finished post. Time has flown by and now it’s time for lunch! You didn’t even have breakfast yet so you’re really hungry. You get another soup ready and sit down in front of your tent. The view is incredible. And the birds sound so beautiful. You hear someone walking behind you. Probably the guy is coming back, so you won’t turn around. However, you hear him coming over to you. As you turn around, he hands you bread and sausages. You look at it confused. “Take them, I can’t see you eating soup all day.” “How much do I owe you?” “Nothing, it’s fine, just take it.” You take it and try to give him a smile in return. Why is he so friendly now? You finish your soup and keep the rest for dinner. What about calling your parents now? You could tell them about what’s going on.

• Call them, they might be worried
  • Don’t call them, you’ve just called them yesterday!

0 voters

@StoryEvent

6 Likes

Another tie :joy:

2 Likes

Can’t be, I just voted :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Np! Sorry I didn’t see it earlier!

2 Likes

You decide to call them and tell them more about that guy. “He seems to be friendly” your Mum says but your father is concerned for your safety. “Maybe you should leave?” he suggests. You tell them that you’re not quitting your holiday because of that guy and after a few more sentences, you hang up.

Later that day, he turns up the music again. He’s really annoying you. One person commented your latest blog post with “Maybe you should look for something quieter? Seems like you don’t enjoy your time there.” They are probably right. You can’t enjoy the nature with that guy close to you. Another user commented: “Be careful, sounds creepy.” You start packing your stuff and look for another beautiful camping spot nearby. Luckily, there’s a small campsite at a river not far from here. On your way there, you could also buy some food at the shop. You’re happy about your decision to leave and don’t event expect the guy to notice. You start walking on a trail but decide to switch to walking along the road after ten minutes. Half an hour later, you reach the shop and buy some sweets and canned food. You still have seven days left of your vacation so you need some more food. After paying, you continue your journey to the campsite. While walking, you update your blog and tell everyone that you’re changing to another campsite to get a peaceful experience. There are almost no cars driving past you so it’s really quiet already. You enjoy the silence.

As you reach the campsite, it looks as good as the other one. You start setting up your tent and make a small fire to make dinner. After that walk, you’re really hungry. The birds are already quiet as it’s getting dark now. The river doesn’t look as good as the lake, but it’s fine. You take some pictures before sitting next to the fire and uploading them. It’s quiet here
 until you hear car noises again. You don’t even have to turn around to know that it’s the grey van pulling up on the campsite. “It’s so easy to chase you around!” the guy shouts and walks over to you. You look at him, angry and confused. What does he mean? “Got you, again!” he says and smiles. “So you chased me away from the other place just to follow me here?” “No, that would be too boring.” An awkward feeling comes over you. The annoying guy now seems like a creepy guy. You slowly start typing the emergency number on your phone while he’s coming closer. What should you do? He doesn’t seem like he’d hurt you but what if he’s just a good actor?

• Call the emergency number
  • Ask him what he’s up to

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

You tap on your phone to call the emergency number and switch off the sound of your phone. Hopefully, whoever picks up understands what’s going on here. And hopefully that guy doesn’t notice anything. Now it’s time to get him to talk. “What do you want?” you ask, trying to keep your voice calm. “I want nothing from you. More the opposite, I want to give you something.” You are totally confused now. “I’ll give you these pills and then I’ll leave. And you will too. Otherwise I’ll have to kill you right here.” he says while smiling creepily. You take a quick look at your phone, hoping that someone heard this psychopath. Now you need to get some time for them to locate your phone and get to you. Which one of these options could work?

• Run
  • Make him talk
  • Hide in his van

0 voters

@StoryEvent

7 Likes

Oooh wow
Run or make him talk
idk. :grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

àž…(=ˇωˇ=)àž…

4 Likes